The Big Bang Theory

VampireBiscuits

Holy shit! All my fellow "BBT bitchez" have got to see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LquV2IE0w

On Oct. 23, during the taping of the episode "The 43 Peculiarity" (which just aired on 11/15), the cast and crew broke out into a "flash mob," to the surprise of the studio audience. Executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady looked genuinely surprised, too, so I don't think they were in on the joke. Kaley Cuoco (Penny) came up with the idea and recruited her sister Bri to arrange the choreography; Kaley also seems like the front person during the dancing - shaking her curves for all they're worth. Absent through most of it is Johnny Galecki (Leonard), who can briefly be seen doing a breakdancing spin on the floor, and Jim Parsons (Sheldon), who, despite not dancing, plays one of the biggest parts in the whole prank: he says "Bazinga!" at the end.

A must watch. So cool they did this!

Edited by GeddyRulz
  • Like 3

Holy shit! All my fellow "BBT bitchez" have got to see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LquV2IE0w

On Oct. 23, during the taping of the episode "The 43 Peculiarity" (which just aired on 11/15), the cast and crew broke out into a "flash mob," to the surprise of the studio audience. Executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady looked genuinely surprised, too, so I don't think they were in on the joke. Kaley Cuoco (Penny) came up with the idea and recruited her sister Bri to arrange the choreography; Kaley also seems like the front person during the dancing - shaking her curves for all they're worth. Absent through most of it is Johnny Galecki (Leonard), who can briefly be seen doing a breakdancing spin on the floor, and Jim Parsons (Sheldon), who, despite not dancing, plays one of the biggest parts in the whole prank: he says "Bazinga!" at the end.

A must watch. So cool they did this!

:yay: :yay:

• Like 1

While I don't care for flash mobs at all, as a male I cannot object to anything that shows Kaley Cuoco and Melissa Rauch dancing like that :wub: Nice touch at the end with Jim adding the "Bazinga" to it.

Even though I thought the first episode of this season sucked, the rest of it so far has been really good and up to the high standards I hold for this show.

The end of last night's episode had me in stitches. When Sheldon dropped off his couch cushion at the dry cleaners and tried selling the lap top that was perched "on top of an astronaut's penis for less than 20 minutes", I almost lost it. Damn that was funny! :LMAO:
  • Like 1

The Big Bang Theory breaks TV viewership records :o

http://www.newsoxy.com/entertainment/big-bang-theory-sets-record-110493.html

I think they need to give some thanks to TBS with this one. They rerun it so many times a week it's probably helped greatly with building the following it's got now.

Still, holy shit that's a lot of viewers, that's like football game numbers.

http://www.newsoxy.c...ord-110493.html

I think they need to give some thanks to TBS with this one. They rerun it so many times a week it's probably helped greatly with building the following it's got now.

I think you're right: TBS deserves some of the credit. People who see the show get hooked, and TBS has been key in getting people to see it.

The show is hugely popular now, but I can proudly say I was a fan from the first day the first episode aired.

I think you're right: TBS deserves some of the credit. People who see the show get hooked, and TBS has been key in getting people to see it.

The show is hugely popular now, but I can proudly say I was a fan from the first day the first episode aired.

I first saw it in syndication about a year ago and got hooked on it. Now I watch the new episodes as they come out along with the repeats - every once in awhile we get one we haven't seen before, which is a treat - I :wub: this show. :yes:

I first saw it in syndication about a year ago and got hooked on it. Now I watch the new episodes as they come out along with the repeats - every once in awhile we get one we haven't seen before, which is a treat - I :wub: this show. :yes:

Me too. If it wasn't for TBS I would have never discovered it.

This show is just "Friends" for nerds, I don't see why there's a big brouhaha on here about it... :huh:

Just came in to urinate on our parade, did you? How out of character. ;) :P

Yeah :nya nya:

I honestly don't understand the appeal or the attention it garners though, ya dig bozo? :guitar: :NP:

This show is just "Friends" for nerds, I don't see why there's a big brouhaha on here about it... :huh:

I honestly don't understand the appeal or the attention it garners though, ya dig bozo? :guitar: :NP:

How nice for you. Meanwhile we go on enjoying the show tremendously. :D

I doubt you're that enthusiastic Goobs, I detect an over-celebratory zeal in your words. You probably want to like it, and maybe one day you'll learn to like it. Until then you probably watch it with a bemused grin on your face :wacko: <<< Goobs and you just chime in on here "oh yeah isn't GREAT!" for the sake of joining in...

;) :hi: :guitar:

Edited by treeduck

I doubt you're that enthusiastic Goobs, I detect an over-celebratory zeal in your words. You probably want to like it, and maybe one day you'll learn to like it. Until then you probably watch it with a bemused grin on your face :wacko: <<< Goobs and you just chime in on here "oh yeah isn't GREAT!" for the sake of joining in...

Yes, I love to chime in to random threads and express fake enthusiasm. That's exactly how I roll.

http://stuffpoint.com/i--sheldon-cooper-big-bang-theory/image/135051-i-sheldon-cooper-big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissor-lizard-spock.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, I love to chime in to random threads and express fake enthusiasm. That's exactly how I roll.

http://stuffpoint.com/i--sheldon-cooper-big-bang-theory/image/135051-i-sheldon-cooper-big-bang-theory-rock-paper-scissor-lizard-spock.jpg

:LOL: Paper disproves Spock. I *love* that line.

:rfl:

I see a lot of self-proclaimed "nerds" on either side of this. they either love it or hate it. actually, most ones I know only love it because of Penny. figures! :LOL:

I'm not a "hardcore" nerd, but I do enjoy comic books/superheroes. At first I was like "this show is ok" and the further that I got into it I really started to enjoy it.

I'm more of a fan of the new breed of comedies(Parks & Rec, The Office, Modern Family) but this is one in the classic "studio audience" format that really works. I even gave HIMYM a try and really couldn't get into it, so I'm thinking the content of this show is why I enjoy it.

Edited by liddybuck01

Yeah I know... :hail:

:LOL: Paper disproves Spock. I *love* that line.

:rfl:

:LOL: I was about to post the same thing!

Interestingly, Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock was NOT created by The Big Bang Theory: http://www.samkass.com/theories/RPSSL.html

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 1

I think BBT is a lot funnier than Friend. It's also a lot less corny.

I think BBT is a lot funnier than Friend. It's also a lot less corny.

Same kind of apartment house situation, and really the Friends characters were nerds too, especially Ross but all of them really. The girls are hot so that's the same. These are just weedier and weirder nerds, that's all. I think it might be popular because they often reference pop culture associated with "nerds" such as Star Trek and so forth, so the nerds into Star Trek watch it.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/524600_10151272407234678_1922823751_n.jpg

20 mil viewers, i heard. wowza!

great episode. the girls arguing over Thor's hammer was hilarious!

• Like 4