Question about DVD

Test4Eco23

rimshot.gif I have not been fortunate enough to grab the new DVD yet. I have however, read that it focuses on the band as musicians. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone else, but I was wondering from those of you who have watched it if it shows Neils footwork on the pedals in detail or just quickie shots of them. I have noticed in other DVDs that it would flash to his feet for a second or two and that was it.

Just wondering

Thanks

Yeah, there are just brief shots like the previous dvds. I think the filming and editing of the new dvd is spectacular and there is somewhat more of a focus on their playing but for those who haven't seen it yet it's not like it's an instructional video or anything. It's still basically a concert video like any other, just extremely well done.

there's a cool close up of his foot on one of the new tunes during a cool bassy section that comes to mind... plus the over head shots always show what his right foot is doing from what I remember.

the fact that you asked a question like that tells me that you'll like this disc! it really focuses on their playing and what their hands/feet are doing! now go drop your 20 bucks on the thing already!!! 1022.gif

I would have bought it the first chance I got, but I haven't been able to find it at WalMart, Target, K Mart, or the local record store (if you want to call it that), it is actually a store where people trade in video games, DVD's,and CD's, for dope money. They do sell new stuff as well, but they don't have it. I will get it as soon as I see it at the store somewhere.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. I am a drummer if you haven't noticed by my sig. so I am real interested in the Neil footage.

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Dec 6 2008, 03:49 AM)
I would have bought it the first chance I got, but I haven't been able to find it at WalMart, Target, K Mart, or the local record store (if you want to call it that), it is actually a store where people trade in video games, DVD's,and CD's, for dope money. They do sell new stuff as well, but they don't have it. I will get it as soon as I see it at the store somewhere.

Uhhh...it's called the internet. You're on it right now.

QUOTE (job @ Dec 6 2008, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Dec 6 2008, 03:49 AM)

Some people are leery of shopping online for security reasons. I know it took me a long time to warm up to the idea.

I don't understand how in 2008 people can still be afraid to shop online. Sure there are dangers, but that's why I stick to well established sites like Amazon. I've been buying things from them for about 5 years and I've never had any problems. Even if you DO have problems, they'll work with you to sort them out.

Ive watched it about 3 times. They show things like Alex working with his pedals, stuff that you dont often see in concert vids.

Only possible fault I can find is Ged's vocal quality. He's really straining throughout. Sometimes he sounds good when he hits some of the highs, many other times his voice easily sounds like the weakest part of the band.

Gee thanks for pointing that out. I've gotten a ton of great info and answers from this forum on a wide variety of topics. Probably 99% of the people here are great, but there always seems to be a smart ass lurking and waiting to try to make someone look stupid. Not to mention my choice to shop locally rather than online is hardly the point of the thread. I just mentioned that the local merchants do not currently have the new DVD, but I would get it when I saw it on the shelf. Thanks to those of you who helped answer my question.

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Dec 7 2008, 02:06 AM)
Gee thanks for pointing that out. I've gotten a ton of great info and answers from this forum on a wide variety of topics. Probably 99% of the people here are great, but there always seems to be a smart ass lurking and waiting to try to make someone look stupid.

WAAAAHH!

QUOTE (job @ Dec 8 2008, 12:44 PM)
Gee thanks for pointing that out.  I've gotten a ton of great info and answers from this forum on a wide variety of topics.  Probably 99% of the people here are great, but there always seems to be a smart ass lurking and waiting to try to make someone look stupid.

WAAAAHH!

Point underscored. eyesre4.gif

There are some really good shots of Ged's bass playing. At the end of Digital Man and Secret Touch you see lots of close-up shots on the hands. Also some great shots during Natural Science. Though those are just some that come to mind. Also, Ged's energy level makes up for any vocal flaws. He's awesome at the end of Spindrift.

QUOTE (job @ Dec 8 2008, 12:44 PM)
Gee thanks for pointing that out.  I've gotten a ton of great info and answers from this forum on a wide variety of topics.  Probably 99% of the people here are great, but there always seems to be a smart ass lurking and waiting to try to make someone look stupid.

WAAAAHH!

That's all you got?

Archived