Suggest a nice white wine

Tick

Whats best ? I'm not a big white wine guy, but I figure it will go best with Turkey.

Tick, I'm more into red wines as well - but always enjoy a Pinot Grigio. yes.gif

The standby Chardonnay is fine if you choose an un-oaked or lightly oaked Californian or maybe a French Burgundy. Almost any Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris will work especially if you are using a lot of herbs in your dishes. A Riesling or Gewurztraminer has ripe fruit flavors and round texture to match the richness of the dishes, but a nice dry finish to cleanse the palate. Or complement the meal with a full-bodied wine with a lush creamy mouth feel and intense floral aroma by serving an American Viognier.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 17 2008, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 17 2008, 08:36 AM)
Tick, I'm more into red wines as well - but always enjoy a Pinot Grigio.  yes.gif

That'd be my suggestion as well. yes.gif

I would agree with Pinot Grigio too...or you could go with a White Merlot.

yes.gif Pags we have a bottle of it! biggrin.gif

some good suggestions already, and I'll add a few that I like. I'm a riesling fan, and plan on grabbing a couple bottles of Coppola Encyclopedia riesling for Turkey Day. Tried it a couple of weeks ago at a wine tasting and really loved it, one of the better rieslings I have tried thus far. Sweet, but not overpowering as some rieslings can be, nice fruit of pear and apple up front, finished very nicely. Saint M and Polka Dot, both from Germany, would be other suggestions on that front. The other style I'd probably lean to for Thanksgiving would be an unoaked chardonnay. Four Vines Naked is excellent, soft and buttery up front, bit on the drier side as chard tends to be, finishes well. Pinot grigio could also do well, but isn't my favorite variety of white, and I'm hesitant to even speak about sauvignon blanc as all I can think of is the typical grapefruit and grass taste from most of them (not exactly what you want with turkey). Just a few suggestions, but which ever way you decide to go for wine on Thanksgiving, enjoy, and have a happy Turkey day everyone.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Nov 17 2008, 03:31 PM)
Beaujolais Pouilly Fuisse

I love Pouilly Fuisse!

However, to answer tick's question, I second Jack's suggestions. I would do either a Chardonnay or a Pinos Gris although Pouilly Fuisse is another option. I usually reserve that for seafood but it's a nice white wine too. It would work very well. They tend to be pricier though and the selection is minimal.

Thanks for the suggestions, now im totally confused. I'll just drink beer. wacko.gif

wink.gif Kidding

I'll probably go with a chardonay or Pinochio, whatever you called it. (Pino Grigio biggrin.gif ) atickhum.gif

Brancott Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. It's dry yet has a light fruity taste. It rocks, man. About 13-15 bucks a bottle. Cheap but good...

http://img.nextag.com/image/Brancott-2007-Sauvignon-Blanc/1/000/006/081/065/608106588.jpg

Edited by the masked drummer