Burn After Reading

hunter

I was driving by a theater today and mentioned the movie. My uncle said "It's the dumbest movie I've seen in a long time". ohmy.gif

The previews looked pretty funny, and I'm a big Cohen Bros. fan. I might wait till DVD, though.

I have a feeling a lot of people might feel it's a weak story, but it's mostly because it's not the typical hollywood claptrap. It's a bunch of crap that happens and is more about the characters and not so story driven. That, in my opinion makes it good. I'm so sick of the typical old drivel.

2 cents trink39.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Sep 21 2008, 02:18 AM)
I have a feeling a lot of people might feel it's a weak story, but it's mostly because it's not the typical hollywood claptrap. It's a bunch of crap that happens and is more about the characters and not so story driven. That, in my opinion makes it good. I'm so sick of the typical old drivel.
2 cents trink39.gif

yes.gif I agree.

Hollywood has tuned itself to the crowd that is not satisfied unless there is non-stop action every 5 minutes. Thats why movies like the Godfather and Citizen Kane would not survive faced against the majority of today's generation.

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 21 2008, 10:28 AM)
2 cents  trink39.gif

yes.gif I agree.

Hollywood has tuned itself to the crowd that is not satisfied unless there is non-stop action every 5 minutes. Thats why movies like the Godfather and Citizen Kane would not survive faced against the majority of today's generation.

goodpost.gif

Plot is the most over-rated aspect of films...and novels. I'll take a little artistry and character development over a clever plot twist ("gasp"!)any time.

The Coen Brothers know what they are doing. Look at all their films, like Kubrick, they get better with repeated viewings. For example, The Big Lebowski is funnier today than when it came out (if that makes sense).

I have complete faith in the Coen Brothers and look forward to seeing Burn After Reading.

I saw it last week. It's good but it's not one of their best efforts, IMHO.

All the acting is over the edge, just as they wanted it be surely, but it makes for a weird, strange pacing... It's not bad per se, it's just strange... It left me with a strange aftertaste.

Best thing was seeing the Sledge Hammer guy back in action! He certainly has aged well!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by H. P. L.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2009, 12:38 PM)
Is this out on DVD? Not a movie I was interested in at the theaters, but on DVD I'll see it...

Yeah, it came out a few weeks ago I think........

2 cents trink39.gif

Yeah, it's always nice to see something different. I like the Coen Bros. and I'll check this out soon.

I finally watched this movie and I absolutely LOVED it!

The last scene had me in stitches!

CIA Superior: What did we learn, Palmer?

CIA Officer: I don't know, sir.

CIA Superior: I don't f*ckin' know either. I guess we learned not to do it again.

CIA Officer: Yes, sir.

CIA Superior: I'm f*cked if I know what we did.

CIA Officer: Yes, sir, it's, uh, hard to say

CIA Superior: Jesus f***ing Christ.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 21 2008, 11:28 AM)

It's also why those two movies are candidates to be remade in the "new image". 062802puke_prv.gif

I saw it a month or so ago. Unique plot with great twists and turns, good acting (liked Clooney a lot), a couple of chuckles, and an OMG with that Pitt in the closet scene....but over all I don't get the hype....actually forgotten I'd seen it until I read the thread title.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 6 2009, 05:22 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 21 2008, 11:28 AM)

It's also why those two movies are candidates to be remade in the "new image". 062802puke_prv.gif

With one to three second clips pieced together, ala the "Bourne" movies. 062802puke_prv.gif