the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:45 PM)
So now that Justin Bieber is established, a challenger appears! Some 12-year-old kid named Cody Simpson... I saw his single on the iTunes store, and I thought it was Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. laugh.gif I sampled one song, and I don't know how to say it, but... he makes Bieber sound like a f***ing baritone. What next, an 8-year-old boy who sounds like a dog whistle?

My God that kid is terrible.. listen to his song "One" so generic..

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 4 2010, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:45 PM)
So now that Justin Bieber is established, a challenger appears! Some 12-year-old kid named Cody Simpson... I saw his single on the iTunes store, and I thought it was Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. laugh.gif I sampled one song, and I don't know how to say it, but... he makes Bieber sound like a f***ing baritone. What next, an 8-year-old boy who sounds like a dog whistle?

My God that kid is terrible.. listen to his song "One" so generic..

Give it another year or two and you'll never hear this douche again. Just another manufactured "artist" aimed at making money off all the little girls out there. 062802puke_prv.gif

How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

It's some obscure number that you've never heard of.

Mikey Way from My Chemical Romance: "Before we rip the curtain off of this new album...". Oh hell yes. May I have a release date sometime this month? Please and thank you.

Ten of my favorite debut albums:

Boston - Boston (10/10)

Van Halen - Van Halen (10/10)

Green Day - 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (9/10 - well technically their debut was 39/Smooth but whatever)

Muse - Showbiz (9/10)

My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love (9/10)

Yes - Yes (9/10)

Big and Rich - Horse of a Different Color (8.5/10)

Panic! At the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (8.5/10)

Rush - Rush (8.5/10)

U2 - Boy (8.5/10)

Currently listening to KROQ to see what the big news is about blink-182. Apparently it's "something cool". Guess I'll find out in a few minutes. http://www.kroq.radio.com/ if you're interested.

Pop-punk bassists in terms of chops and shit. Using the term pop-punk very loosely. These are the four pop-punk bassists that I know the most about. The bands they are from, in order of how I ranked the bassists, are Green Day, blink-182, My Chemical Romance, and Fall Out Boy.

Mike Dirnt > Mark Hoppus > Mikey Way > Pete Wentz

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 23 2010, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 7 2010, 11:01 AM)
I'm in love with Built To Spill.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I just finished listening to Perfect From Now On. biggrin.gif

They're awfully special, aren't they? Saw them support Dino Jr. a few weeks back, blew J Mascis off the stage.

Finally tracked down a copy of Doug Martsch's solo album, should be here tomorrow!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 23 2010, 03:58 PM)

They're awfully special, aren't they? Saw them support Dino Jr. a few weeks back, blew J Mascis off the stage.

Finally tracked down a copy of Doug Martsch's solo album, should be here tomorrow!

I've only heard There's Nothing Wrong With Love once, and that is also the only album I've yet heard by them...but it didn't quite catch on and I didn't think it was too good of a record.

Prolly need to give it more chances.

I have read that Perfect From Now On is considered their 'magnum opus' so to speak.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 24 2010, 05:19 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 23 2010, 03:58 PM)

I've only heard There's Nothing Wrong With Love once, and that is also the only album I've yet heard by them...but it didn't quite catch on and I didn't think it was too good of a record.

Prolly need to give it more chances.

I have read that Perfect From Now On is considered their 'magnum opus' so to speak.

Try last year's There Is No Enemy. Superb. Not a duff track on it.

Music snobs are f**king annoying, no matter what the genre.

So, my daughter had a slumber party this past Saturday night. And, the girls watched Twilight, and at the end "15 Step" starts playing. I jumped up like a total geek in front of a group of 12 year old girls to yell, "Hey! That's Radiohead! I have that CD!"

Yeah...

so, this is what was staring back at me...

huh.gif unsure.gif sarcasm.gif unsure.gif eyesre4.gif huh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 28 2010, 01:23 PM)
So, my daughter had a slumber party this past Saturday night. And, the girls watched Twilight, and at the end "15 Step" starts playing. I jumped up like a total geek in front of a group of 12 year old girls to yell, "Hey! That's Radiohead! I have that CD!"

Yeah...

so, this is what was staring back at me...

huh.gif unsure.gif  sarcasm.gif unsure.gif eyesre4.gif huh.gif

I would have done the same thing you did. laugh.gif

My 12 year old daughter was watching Twilight a few weeks ago while I was in the same room but on the computer. I heard familiar music. I said Hey is that Claire De Lune!!?? They are using one of my favorite songs in this movie??? She replied, yes, see it is a cool movie.

I said, I don't think so and went back to what I was doing on the computer.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Jun 28 2010, 12:47 PM)
My 12 year old daughter was watching Twilight a few weeks ago while I was in the same room but on the computer. I heard familiar music. I said Hey is that Claire De Lune!!?? They are using one of my favorite songs in this movie??? She replied, yes, see it is a cool movie.
I said, I don't think so and went back to what I was doing on the computer.

The movies are shit but the soundtracks are outstanding. You should definitely check them out. Really superb music on those.