the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 29 2009, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 29 2009, 04:19 AM)
This Sunday morning has been tickled awake by The Cheerful Insanity of Giles, Giles & Fripp.

I've really wanted to hear that for a long time...

How is it?

icon_alienjig.gif

It's actually very good. Wonderfully strange, very English, folky, a bit prog, a bit classical, the odd hint as to where Fripp would eventually end up a year later.

Have you listened to McDonald & Giles. It's quite similar.

Both are bonkers. In a great way.

Loveless, why have I not listened to you in over three months? It's so good to hear you again. <3

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:40 AM)
The ABC song and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" are the same exact melody.

Hot sh*t! I'm on this planet 39 years and that never occurred to me. Bloody Nora, how did I miss that. God knows I've been singing both of them practically hourly over the past 3 years.

Mad. As. Eggs.

There is not enough Kiss threads on this forum....................

According to iTunes, I have listened to 41.87% of my library. However, it's not that accurate because my iTunes somehow lost everything back in like July. And there's also a lot of stuff that I just don't listen to that much.

I don't know if this would be considered a "guilty pleasure" or not, but I'm really digging Shakira's new single "She Wolf".

It's just super catchy, and the whole song just has a kind of quirky, almost disco type of vibe to it.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 2 2009, 06:41 PM)
I don't know if this would be considered a "guilty pleasure" or not, but I'm really digging Shakira's new single "She Wolf".
It's just super catchy, and the whole song just has a kind of quirky, almost disco type of vibe to it.

It is, but whatever tongue.gif I saw the little "She-Wolf" perform that on The Late Show.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 2 2009, 06:27 AM)
"Long Long Long" is a hauntingly beautiful song. Another gem benefiting from remastering. Hmmm, I'd like to hear Radiohead cover it.

Along with Helter Skelter and Cry Baby Cry my rotating favourite track on the White Album.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 2 2009, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 2 2009, 06:41 PM)

It is, but whatever tongue.gif I saw the little "She-Wolf" perform that on The Late Show.

Yeah I saw that performance too. It was great. yes.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 1 2009, 09:27 PM)
i really hope that last post was sarcastic.

Ya think ?

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 2 2009, 02:35 PM)
Speaking of Kiss, saw a Simmons Family Jewels epi last night that creeped me out. He just got back from plastic surgery and was freaking his kids out. Very disturbing shit 062802puke_prv.gif

Anything for $$$

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 2 2009, 02:35 PM)
Speaking of Kiss, saw a Simmons Family Jewels epi last night that creeped me out.  He just got back from plastic surgery and was freaking his kids out.  Very disturbing shit  062802puke_prv.gif

Anything for $$$

yes.gif