Favorite Stephen King movie

Turn Me On Dead Man

Being a huge fan of Stephen King's works, I have quite a list (the ones with asterisks next to them signify that I've also read the book):

The Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile*

Storm of the Century

The Dark Half*

Carrie

Christine*

Pet Semetary*

The Stand*

Children of The Corn* (short story)

The Shining*

Dolores Claiborne

Thinner

The Night Flier

Firestarter

Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile (tie)

Rose Red is also a fun one.

The Shawshank Redemption, Misery, Dead Zone, Stand by Me... those are probably my favorites.

I'm not much of a fan of either of the two "Shining" movies. "The Stand" mini-series was pretty good, and well cast.

"The Shawshank Redemption" has nearly become my favorite movie of all time; everytime I come across it on TV (a lot!), I watch it. It's just so damned good! And I recommend all its fans read the novella, "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption." Good story, and it's in the same book ("Different Seasons") as "The Body," the inspiration for "Stand by Me."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 11 2008, 09:45 PM)
The Shawshank Redemption, Misery, Dead Zone, Stand by Me... those are probably my favorites.

I'm not much of a fan of either of the two "Shining" movies. "The Stand" mini-series was pretty good, and well cast.

"The Shawshank Redemption" has nearly become my favorite movie of all time; everytime I come across it on TV (a lot!), I watch it. It's just so damned good! And I recommend all its fans read the novella, "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption." Good story, and it's in the same book ("Different Seasons") as "The Body," the inspiration for "Stand by Me."

Yeah, I actually read the novella first.

I love King's straight-on horror novels, but his NON-horror books are my favorite. He's awesome at developing his characters.

One of my favorites is his chronicling of his son's Little League team and their run at the championship.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 11 2008, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 11 2008, 09:45 PM)

I'm not much of a fan of either of the two "Shining" movies.  "The Stand" mini-series was pretty good, and well cast.

"The Shawshank Redemption" has nearly become my favorite movie of all time; everytime I come across it on TV (a lot!), I watch it.  It's just so damned good!  And I recommend all its fans read the novella, "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption."  Good story, and it's in the same book ("Different Seasons") as "The Body," the inspiration for "Stand by Me."

Yeah, I actually read the novella first.

I love King's straight-on horror novels, but his NON-horror books are my favorite. He's awesome at developing his characters.

One of my favorites is his chronicling of his son's Little League team and their run at the championship.

Hey M, for a real treat, track down the audio book of Stephen King reading the story about his kid's little league team. You can hear the pride in his voice when he talks about Owen getting a hit.

You know, I just have to ask...how many of you read THE GREEN MILE when it first came out as chapter books?

I remember going crazy waiting for them to come out every month! It was a wonderful way to make the story last longer. smile.gif

Edited by Queen of Megadon

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 12 2008, 09:06 AM)
You know, I just have to ask...how many of you read THE GREEN MILE when it first came out as chapter books?

I remember going crazy waiting for them to come out every month! It was a wonderful way to make the story last longer. smile.gif

I bought every one of the chapter books. I hope they never do that again.

I could not wait for it to come out, then you have to run to the store and make sure you got your copy...

I can't really pick a favorite SK movie, I've read all his books, but I like my imagination better, the movies don't do the descriptions justice