have you named your kids Rush?

kid glove

My mom told me my father's name is 'Presto', because he did such a good disapearing act... unsure.gif

(Just kidding dad, you know I luv ya...)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Jul 31 2008, 08:07 PM)
I have 4 kids....Necromancer, By-Tor, Barchetta, and I think I'm Going Bald.....All so lovely.

At least you know they won't be one of seven "I think I'm going balds" in school.

Way back when, in the early days of my pregnancy with my first, I half entertained the idea of naming a boy Gedeon, a play on Gideon which I thought I could get passed the hubby because it means "Great Warrior". He shot that one down because he saw right through my ruse. As it turns out, we had a girl and now we have two girls with absolutely non-Rush related names and no boys.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 31 2008, 09:06 PM)
i would never name my kid rush, since rush limbaugh is such an asshole.

Very good point...Society at large would definitely think that's who the child was named after. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Aug 1 2008, 11:20 AM)
Way back when, in the early days of my pregnancy with my first, I half entertained the idea of naming a boy Gedeon, a play on Gideon which I thought I could get passed the hubby because it means "Great Warrior". He shot that one down because he saw right through my ruse. As it turns out, we had a girl and now we have two girls with absolutely non-Rush related names and no boys.

What? No Geddina or Alexis or Neil...ok. I gotta be honest. The only girl name with Neil in it that comes to me is Toni Tenille, and that's a horrible pun at best. But clearly, every Rush name is (poorly) adaptable for females.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 31 2008, 10:12 PM)
i think if my wife and i have twins we should call them lock and key.

"Lock" being your daughter of course!

QUOTE (tripdad @ Aug 1 2008, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 31 2008, 10:12 PM)
i think if my wife and i have twins we should call them lock and key.

"Lock" being your daughter of course!

laugh.gif darn f-n right

No......that's kinda weird if you ask me. unsure.gif

wow, Geddy seems to be a popular name for cats, I had a cat in college named Geddy. I wonder if that would offend him that his fans name their cats after him?

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Aug 1 2008, 10:14 PM)
Ma boy "snow dog" feckin hates me...........wonder why?? wacko.gif

It could have been worse...

You could have named him after the entire bluenose first eleven like some fuckwit I read about a while ago laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 31 2008, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (The_Juke @ Jul 31 2008, 09:48 PM)
I have already stated this in a few other threads. I named my son Neil Alexander Lee. We call him Alex and sometimes I call him Rush. I wanted to name him Rush or Geddy but my wife didn't like it and Rocinante was completly out!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...3953&i=24164615

LOL, when I was younger I made a bong and painted "Rocinante" on it. Me and my friend would say stuff like "we're headed for the heart of Cygnus tonight, wooooo" and high five eachother like idiots. laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 1 2008, 10:24 PM)
Ma boy "snow dog"  feckin hates me...........wonder why?? wacko.gif

You could have named him after the entire bluenose first eleven like some fuckwit I read about a while ago laugh.gif

I'm sayin nothing...........but I aint surprised!

C'mon the HOOPS applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 1 2008, 09:24 PM)
Ma boy "snow dog"  feckin hates me...........wonder why?? wacko.gif

Or that poor child in New Zealand........

Tallula Does The Hula From Hawaii has been made a ward of court.

Of the 64,237 babies born in Ireland in 2006, 4,500 had a name that was unique to them. Among these were Marvellous, Maximus, Kia & Queen.

I hope to f*ck Queen is a girl.

Marvellous & Maximus are going to get the shit kicked out of them until they're 40. And it's all their dumb parents fault.

We didn't know whether we were having a boy or girl, and we had a couple of names on the short list for each possibility. Alexander was a top 3 boy's name, and Alexandra was a top 3 Girl's name.

We ended up having a girl, but she just didn't look like an "Alexandra", so no go on the Rush name.

Archived