sullysue

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 2 2008, 09:42 PM)
Sepultura - Arise.

That album rocks yes.gif trink39.gif "Desperate Cry" = my favorite biggrin.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

laugh.gif Yes, I am proud of you! I knew you'd come around! tongue.gif

Sabbath are my favorite band next to Rush, along with Priest and Maiden. Each of these bands have so much music in their catalogues, so if you keep listening you'll find stuff you really dig.

Have you heard "Victim of Changes" by Judas Priest yet? GREAT song yes.gif

Keep us updated on your metalhead 'progress'! 1022.gif trink39.gif

Oh, had to add that Necro is right about Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell", it's one of the best metal albums ever made wink.gif I'll send you a copy if you'd like!

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 5 2008, 12:11 PM)
Oh, had to add that Necro is right about Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell", it's one of the best metal albums ever made wink.gif I'll send you a copy if you'd like!

bekloppt.gif

That would be cool! cool.gif

I knew you'd be hyped. Now, we have that much more to talk about. trink39.gif

Cowboys from Hell! 1022.gif

Yes, Pantera Rocks! One of my most favorite metal bands... they are a staple, along with early Metallica.

QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 5 2008, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 5 2008, 09:44 AM)

And many more. Not so keen on modern metal though, it's a bit wanky...

Agree'd . Newer metal is just trying to get more & more extreme . So when you have 10000000000.00000 . black / death metal bands all in the same circle - it gets boring fast .

Of course there are some dooozies out there though .

but for extreme metal .

cannibal corpses - the bleeding is the best death metal album ever .

lordgore's - resickend

gorerotteds - mutilated in minutes / only tools and corpses .

morbid angel - covanent

cradle of filths - midian

^ all the above are worthy to call a masterpiece IMO . But totally understand why they arent mentioned for someone JUST getting into metal .

And as for the dream theatre recommendation . I find " images & words " absorbs best while driving - not relaxing . Kind of like satriani's - surfin with the alien . Im rambling now . stop me .

KING DIAMOND HASNT BEEN MENTIONED ?!?!?!?! - the new album destroys .

Come on guys, don't throw her into the deep end too fast!!! wink.gif

We also love Rammstein thanks to a special student who loaned me a few discs last year. I like a couple of the Norwegian bands and Cradle of Filth. I'm lucky because my job exposes me to the different bands the kids are listening to.

Really like the heavier Gothic stuff, too.

Fun topic!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2008, 11:27 AM)
(I'm having a hard time as it is explaining to my mom why my 5-year-old is singing "  music.gif Six, six, six. The number of the beast.    music.gif " This is my mom right now:  huh.gifrofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif )

Wait until the five-year-old starts imitating Eddie!!!!

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/eddie-figure-somewhere-l.jpg

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 5 2008, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2008, 11:27 AM)
(I'm having a hard time as it is explaining to my mom why my 5-year-old is singing "  music.gif Six, six, six. The number of the beast.    music.gif " This is my mom right now:  huh.gifrofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif )

Wait until the five-year-old starts imitating Eddie!!!!

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/eddie-figure-somewhere-l.jpg

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Oh, she started doing that before she knew Iron Maiden. tongue.gif She's quite the feisty little monster when she wants to be.

wait till your five year old starts burning churches . thats metal at its best .

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 5 2008, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 5 2008, 11:20 PM)
wait till your five year old starts burning churches . thats metal at its best .

She said she got into metal, not kvlt tongue.gif

What Mustard said, whatever he said. unsure.gif

Seriously, I know that metal isn't anti God. It's more of a commentary of man's war against man. Not Satan taking over us all. No burning down churches or anything like that. It's irresponsible to say that doing anything like that is indicative of being a metal fan. With all due respect, rotting. Joking or not, don't do that, please. I don't want this thread to turn into a free-for-all religious mess. It's not at all about that.

Moving on... I'm getting a mess of Maiden from my metal-happy hubby, Tom. 1022.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 6 2008, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 5 2008, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 5 2008, 11:20 PM)

She said she got into metal, not kvlt tongue.gif

What Mustard said, whatever he said. unsure.gif

Seriously, I know that metal isn't anti God. It's more of a commentary of man's war against man. Not Satan taking over us all. No burning down churches or anything like that. It's irresponsible to say that doing anything like that is indicative of being a metal fan. With all due respect, rotting. Joking or not, don't do that, please. I don't want this thread to turn into a free-for-all religious mess. It's not at all about that.

Moving on... I'm getting a mess of Maiden from my metal-happy hubby, Tom. 1022.gif

He's referencing Black Metal. It's an "extreme" genre of metal involving dressing up like KISS and recording your music in a forest. Anyway, yeah, a select few members of black metal bands have been jotted down for stuff like church burning, murder, etc. And a good chunk of the lyrics are "satanic"... but most of them are just dumb guys from Scandinavia, Satan or not.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2008, 11:17 PM)

It's irresponsible to say that doing anything like that is indicative of being a metal fan. With all due respect, rotting. Joking or not, don't do that, please. I don't want this thread to turn into a free-for-all religious mess. It's not at all about that.

Words are irresponsable ? - I see . " looks at the carlin pic on her sig "

hello kettle , im a pot - nice to meet you!

QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 6 2008, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2008, 11:17 PM)

It's irresponsible to say that doing anything like that is indicative of being a metal fan. With all due respect, rotting. Joking or not, don't do that, please. I don't want this thread to turn into a free-for-all religious mess. It's not at all about that.

Words are irresponsable ? - I see . " looks at the carlin pic on her sig "

hello kettle , im a pot - nice to meet you!

Touche! laugh.gif

*bows*

(Not meaning at all the same thing. But, whatever. "It" ends. That's what THAT means.)

trink39.gif

edit: I'll change THAT. While I know what George meant by that comment, it probably comes across, um, negatively. Too bad. It's not negative at all, when you think about it. wink.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 5 2008, 07:18 AM)
i hate slayer, can't stand them. not into black sabbath or judas priest, which i don't really consider metal.

metal today and metal of the past are two completely different things.

unsure.gif unsure.gif Say WHAT?? Slayer, Priest, and Sabbath (especially Sabbath) helped define what metal IS. Someone who hates Slayer, Sabbath, and Priest is NOT a metalhead no.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 7 2008, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 5 2008, 07:18 AM)
i hate slayer, can't stand them. not into black sabbath or judas priest, which i don't really consider metal. 

metal today and metal of the past are two completely different things.

unsure.gif unsure.gif Say WHAT?? Slayer, Priest, and Sabbath (especially Sabbath) helped define what metal IS. Someone who hates Slayer, Sabbath, and Priest is NOT a metalhead no.gif laugh.gif

I listen to a fair amount of metal and have never cared for Judas Priest or Slayer either. Early Sabbath is good though.

a fair amount of shitty ? or good metal wink.gif rofl3.gif

anyways , slayer destroy

QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 7 2008, 11:04 AM)
a fair amount of shitty ? or good metal wink.gif rofl3.gif

anyways , slayer destroy

laugh.gif

Definitely not into Slayer at all.

Nor do I like Iron Maiden at all. Musically they are ok, lyrically they are lame.

just because I don't like those bands doesn't mean I'm not a "metalhead". its just means those bands aren't my cup of tea. it's really no big deal. if you look at the bands Iisted as some of my faves you would see that I'm a big metal fan.

how much do you weigh ? how big are you then ?

So...

This is where I am. I'm digging hard on Ozzy era Sabbath. I kinda like Dio (not Sabbath stuff yet. Bear with me. I'll get there.). Old school Metallica is still a surprise to me in how raw it is. I wish they would go back to that. I have a plethora of Pantera to sift through. Small steps with that. Still love Maiden the best. Bruce Dickenson has one hell of a voice. Damn! 1022.gif

Archived