Ken Griffey Jr hits his 600th homer

Congrats to Jr.

It's too bad he got hurt so much. When he first came up, he looked like a lock to break Hank Aaron's HR record.

About 5 years in, everybody was projecting his numbers out to be a world beater. Just shows you how tough it is to do. Still and all a great career even if he retires tomorrow. Good on ya Jr! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 9 2008, 11:15 PM)
About 5 years in, everybody was projecting his numbers out to be a world beater. Just shows you how tough it is to do. Still and all a great career even if he retires tomorrow. Good on ya Jr! trink39.gif

Even tougher when your not using the juice and a robotic arm wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 9 2008, 09:16 PM)
About 5 years in, everybody was projecting his numbers out to be a world beater. Just shows you how tough it is to do. Still and all a great career even if he retires tomorrow. Good on ya Jr!  trink39.gif

Do I perceive a Rocket reference? laugh.gif

I'm a Nolan Ryan guy myself. wink.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 9 2008, 10:25 PM)
About 5 years in, everybody was projecting his numbers out to be a world beater. Just shows you how tough it is to do. Still and all a great career even if he retires tomorrow. Good on ya Jr!  trink39.gif

The Rocket was the Rocket when he was with the Red Sox. When I here the name Clemen's, do I think Hall of Famer? No, I here the word assh*le.

It's a cruel twist of fate, that's what it is. An upstanding and all around good guy (and also clean for all we know--though I don't really have a problem with steroids in sports), Griffey was well on his way to being the best ever. The the non-stop injuries left the door wide open for a prick like Barry Bonds to break the record. Hopefully Alex Rodriguez can keep up the pace, and put the homerun record back in rightful hands.

2.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 9 2008, 11:25 PM)

No that was a reference to Bubblehead Juiceboy in San Francisco who juiced his way past hank Aaron and wore an elbow brace that gave him mechanical advantage to hit homeruns (to the point where you cant wear the contraption anymore).

smile.gif

it's so f-n sad he got hurt as much as he did. he would be right up at the top of the list

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 10 2008, 07:40 AM)

The Rocket was the Rocket when he was with the Red Sox. When I here the name Clemen's, do I think Hall of Famer? No, I here the word assh*le.

I second that motion!!! As I recall, Clemens was a cocky and disrespectful bastard while here in Boston, too!!! yes.gif

Congratulations to Ken Griffey, Jr.!!! Quite a feat!!!

trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 10 2008, 04:27 PM)

I second that motion!!! As I recall, Clemens was a cocky and disrespectful bastard while here in Boston, too!!! yes.gif

trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

You're just pissed off that he went to the Yankees laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 10 2008, 05:29 PM)

trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

nasty.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 10 2008, 04:32 PM)

trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

nasty.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

2.gif

You're just pissed off that he went to the Yankees laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Well. . . There's that, too.

But he's still a cocky and disrespectful bastard

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 10 2008, 04:41 PM)

You're just pissed off that he went to the Yankees laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Well. . . There's that, too.

But he's still a cocky and disrespectful bastard

Tortoise 1287.gif

Yeah, he's a peckerwood. But if he was in his prime, you would be cheering him as he took the mound for the BoSox.

It's obvious that he's all about himself. I'm glad that you admitted the little bit of sour grapes in Boston.

QUOTE (subdivider79 @ Jun 10 2008, 11:31 AM)
It's a cruel twist of fate, that's what it is. An upstanding and all around good guy (and also clean for all we know--though I don't really have a problem with steroids in sports), Griffey was well on his way to being the best ever. The the non-stop injuries left the door wide open for a prick like Barry Bonds to break the record. Hopefully Alex Rodriguez can keep up the pace, and put the homerun record back in rightful hands.

2.gif

Yah, I can only imagine what Griffey could've done if he'd stayed healthy.

If A-Rod ever comes up with a dirty test, I'll really start to question if my love of the game is worth it.

Clemens was a baseball hero of mine, due in part to how hard he trained. Then I find out it wasn't all training. Boo. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

my first reaction is that he underachieved but we can never know how things would have been if the others would have played clean as he apparently did. it's a shame what the rulebreakers have done.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 10 2008, 01:52 PM)

No that was a reference to Bubblehead Juiceboy in San Francisco who juiced his way past hank Aaron and wore an elbow brace that gave him mechanical advantage to hit homeruns (to the point where you cant wear the contraption anymore).

smile.gif

Ah yes, it's all so clear now. cool.gif Interesting what bringing up Clemens got going though, huh? laugh.gif I love it that the second best pitcher from Texas is such a point of contention in the NE. tongue.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 10 2008, 12:52 PM)

smile.gif

My thoughts exactly! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 10 2008, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 10 2008, 01:52 PM)

smile.gif

Ah yes, it's all so clear now. cool.gif Interesting what bringing up Clemens got going though, huh? laugh.gif I love it that the second best pitcher from Texas is such a point of contention in the NE. tongue.gif

Only in Boston and NY. The rest of us couldnt give a f-ck. smile.gif

Archived