Musicians inspired by the boys

Steevo

Not so much influenced but inspired them. There are many of course. Also *mention* if these others have inspired you as well.

(Exclude the R30 lot)

*Billy Corgan (YES!! I kid you not)

*Nicky Wire (Manic St Preachers)

I know you can do better than me so lets have em!! cool.gif

Dream Theater- not only have they announced their respect for Rush many times, their first name, Majesty, was inspired by Bastille Day. Portnoy mentioned that they had been listening to it, and he said it sounded "majestic." I don't think you can get much more inspired than that,

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ May 25 2008, 06:20 PM)
Dream Theater- not only have they announced their respect for Rush many times, their first name, Majesty, was inspired by Bastille Day. Portnoy mentioned that they had been listening to it, and he said it sounded "majestic." I don't think you can get much more inspired than that,

No kidding. They may even be bigger rip-offs of Rush than some of the Rush tribute bands may be...

Ok, if people can't notice the sarcasm behind this... then there's no hope for you, I'm sorry. tongue.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 25 2008, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ May 25 2008, 06:20 PM)

No kidding. They may even be bigger rip-offs of Rush than some of the Rush tribute bands may be...

Ok, if people can't notice the sarcasm behind this... then there's no hope for you, I'm sorry. tongue.gif

I agree with that 100%, minus the sarcasm. Dream Theatre is a glorified cover band. I refuse to listen to 'em.

Also, someone else mentioned Metallica..I remember reading that Lars Ulrich has been moved by Peart... 2.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ May 25 2008, 08:00 PM)
I believe Metallica has named Rush as an inspiration.

Gar.........beat me to it. tongue.gif

Archived