The new Weezer video is great

Stormtron

QUOTE (Rushian King @ May 24 2008, 01:52 PM)
I don't think I got a single reference, except for the dancing dude in the orange shirt. What does that say about me? Still an entertaining video and a very good song.

You must not watch South Park either... they used a few of those references too in a show this season,

Didn't like the song at all but the video was brilliant. yes.gif

I think the song was pretty cool, even if it's standard =w=

the video was great though, because it was more than just showcasing a bunch of references with no point (I'm looking at you, Family Guy). I felt the "I'll do what I want, screw you if you don't like it" message of the song came through better because of the quirkiness of the internet memes they use. Internet memes never cared if they were considered "cool", and I don't think Weezer ever did either. At least that's what I got out of it.

Of course, without trying, Weezer is cooler than any other 90s rock band smile.gif

I've got the Red Album - their third eponymous album to date unsure.gif - and I'm trying to decide how much I like it... I don't know if it ranks up with Pinkerton, Blue, and Maladroit, but I think it's at least better than Make Believe and Green.

Some of the songs are really different for Weezer, but all I can say is thank goodness Rivers didn't put this piece of crap on the album. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, Pork And Beans, Dreamin, and The Angel And The One seem to be the highlights so far.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jun 5 2008, 08:27 PM)
I've got the Red Album - their third eponymous album to date unsure.gif - and I'm trying to decide how much I like it... I don't know if it ranks up with Pinkerton, Blue, and Maladroit, but I think it's at least better than Make Believe and Green.

Some of the songs are really different for Weezer, but all I can say is thank goodness Rivers didn't put this piece of crap on the album. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, Pork And Beans, Dreamin, and The Angel And The One seem to be the highlights so far.

I agree with you, it's a pretty good Weezer, but sadly (almost) nothing new.

I waiting for the next Pinkerton, but now that Rivers is married and happy, it's not gonna happen, this man writes better music when he's depressed tongue.gif

Archived