John Rutsey dead at 55

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ May 13 2008, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Turn Me On Dead Man @ May 13 2008, 08:27 PM)
If the boys attend, they should send Rutsey to peace with his drumsticks and a copy of Rush's debut album.

I dunno. Would Rutsey have appreciated that? His lack of involvement in the band shows his interests had moved on to other things.

Syd Barrett was not buried with any reminders of his past.

Yeah, but Syd Barrett wanted to have nothing to do with Pink Floyd in any way for decades before he died and the mere reminder of his days with them sent him into depression. I don't think it's a fair comparison. Then again, so little is known about Rutsey that who knows what his life was like or how he viewed that chapter in his life? confused13.gif

When Neil takes his last foreign yuppie motorcycle depresso-ride in the sky, I hope the boys get that FooFighters guy to replace him. At least that guy had some fire and excitement in his belly and wasn't constantly thinking "this sucks" every second he was on stage.

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 02:05 PM)
I was actually hoping that Neil would go first since 1) He hates touring, 2) He hates fans, 3) He purposely plays as simple and as boring as possible on albums to get the hell out of the studio as fast as possilbe, and 4) He hates the old material.

Also, if Neil had croaked first then I would have been the next in line (fingers crossed---no wait, scratch that; I can't cross my fingers since rigor is about to meet mortis any second).

your an asshole, man. seriously.

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 02:38 PM)
When Neil takes his last foreign yuppie motorcycle depresso-ride in the sky, I hope the boys get that FooFighters guy to replace him.  At least that guy had some fire and excitement in his belly and wasn't constantly thinking "this sucks" every second he was on stage.

WTF

Seriously, I urge you to get out of this thread...I'll show you the door.

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 03:38 PM)
When Neil takes his last foreign yuppie motorcycle depresso-ride in the sky, I hope the boys get that FooFighters guy to replace him. At least that guy had some fire and excitement in his belly and wasn't constantly thinking "this sucks" every second he was on stage.

Does everyone in your real life think you're an asshole too, or just us internet people?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2008, 01:49 PM)
When Neil takes his last foreign yuppie motorcycle depresso-ride in the sky, I hope the boys get that FooFighters guy to replace him.  At least that guy had some fire and excitement in his belly and wasn't constantly thinking "this sucks" every second he was on stage.

Does everyone in your real life think you're an asshole too, or just us internet people?

and to spew forth his crap using the John Rutsey user id. wtf.gif

(he even signed up in TRF today using that name, and already got banned!). applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Thanks admins for taking him down! DFWTTRF!!!!

R.I.P. John

Edited by SeahawkRush

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 12:38 PM)

You know what worries me the very most about people who say shit like this...

The fact that the vast majority of people on this forum, and any other Rush boards around, already know that he could care less about us.

I'll only speak for myself here...but I REALLY COULD CARE LESS if Neil likes me, hates me, or wants to screw my sister, I DON'T CARE...

This following 2 things are all I want from him...and I will be happy to pay for both...

1. Make album

2. Tour

In the meantime, the guy who sat back there and did his thing on Working Man and Finding my Way has left us. sad.gif

Post up somewhere else about this and I'll be VERY happy to talk all day long about the in's and out's of Neil and his inability to like us fans, which appears to bother you for some reason...

Edited by JDL2112

QUOTE (SeahawkRush @ May 13 2008, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2008, 01:49 PM)

and to spew forth his crap using the John Rutsey user id. wtf.gif

(he even signed up in TRF today using that name). dazed025.gif

R.I.P. John

More than likely it's Analog Brian Kidd/pescatorian/Tom C/et al. My comment was penned with him in mind. Quite the pathetic, lonely existence he must have when he has nothing better to do than to post like that just to rile people up. It's really quite sad.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 13 2008, 12:05 PM)

More than likely it's Analog Brian Kidd/pescatorian/Tom C/et al.

Gee, I never would have guessed! biggrin.gif

Really nice of him to pull that in a memorial thread. You stay classy, Analog Brian Kidd + various sockpuppets!

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ May 13 2008, 09:06 PM)
Back to John.

R.I.P. man.

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/membre_groupe/photo/John_Rutsey-12768.jpg

angel.gif

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 08:38 PM)

two things

1. Your insulting neil to an extreme i have never seen before

2. John is dead and you are using his name, just to post hate about the drummer who replaced him. that is completly taking the pi**, and sick

R.I.P John

RIP, Mr. Rutsey. You sure rocked on Rush's debut!

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 13 2008, 12:30 PM)
I wonder if there will be any public announcement or comment by the band.  I would think they'd put something up on the rush.com website.

Oh please. Rush.com is notorious for putting news on 2 weeks after we knew about it happening. Also, the ideal thing for Rush at this moment would to add Finding My Way, Working Man, What You're Doing, or Before and After to the set list immediately, no excuses. Show some recognition to the guy you shared the Rush name with for 6 years and was on your first record.

If they decide to not recognize this it would not shock me, but be really really lame on their part. Other bands have immediately posted news on their web site out of respect, issued press releases, comments from the band etc..when a former member has died from their band.

Show some class here Rush/Anthem. 2.gif

Edited by farcryoverspilledmilk

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 13 2008, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 13 2008, 12:30 PM)
I wonder if there will be any public announcement or comment by the band.  I would think they'd put something up on the rush.com website.

Oh please. Rush.com is notorious for putting news on 2 weeks after we knew about it happening. Also, the ideal thing for Rush at this moment would to add Finding My Way, Working Man, What You're Doing, or Before and After to the set list immediately, no excuses. Show some recognition to the guy you shared the Rush name with for 6 years and was on your first record.

If they decide to not recognize this it would not shock me, but be really really lame on their part. Other bands have immediately posted news on their web site out of respect, issued press releases, comments from the band etc..when a former member has died from their band.

Show some class here Rush/Anthem. 2.gif

Perhaps its too early (Or ultimately disrespectufl) to suggest such things but I think officially issuing the Not Fade Away/You Can't Fight It single on CD for the first time ever would be a nice touch. Doubt it would happen but that would honour John's memory and give us fans a little present too. They could give all the cash to John's family.