Favorite Song from "Counterparts"

DigitalMan1001

Cold Fire.

I think it has a lot of meaning to everyone and connects with me anyway.

Other than that, Between Sun & Moon is very close behind. I prefer the "sound" in BS&M but I think the lyrics and "connection" to me in Cold Fire means a lot more.

Nobody's Hero deserves a good mention as well. Another lyrically strong and compelling song. I love Counterparts for it's lyrics, actually! (And I'm not a lyrically driven kinda person.. More music 'n' groove for me smile.gif)

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Apr 22 2008, 08:50 AM)
Cold Fire.

I think it has a lot of meaning to everyone and connects with me anyway.

Other than that, Between Sun & Moon is very close behind. I prefer the "sound" in BS&M but I think the lyrics and "connection" to me in Cold Fire means a lot more.

Nobody's Hero deserves a good mention as well. Another lyrically strong and compelling song. I love Counterparts for it's lyrics, actually! (And I'm not a lyrically driven kinda person.. More music 'n' groove for me smile.gif)

I do too...musically and lyrically. This album gets crapped on too often...and Nobody's Hero is the target of much of that. That's sad. Great song with a poignant and sincere lyric. (Oh but it has that gay innuendo.....EWWWWWWW!!! ).

Whatever...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 22 2008, 03:21 PM)
I do too...musically and lyrically. This album gets crapped on too often...and Nobody's Hero is the target of much of that. That's sad. Great song with a poignant and sincere lyric. (Oh but it has that gay innuendo.....EWWWWWWW!!! ).

Whatever...

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

This "album" doesn't get crapped on nearly enough!

And the lambasting that Nobodys Hero receives has nothing to do with the subject matter (which is actually quite worthy). It is just Pearts treatment of it is appalingly clumsy and ill-conceived.

I can actually feel myself getting embarrassed whenver I hear it.,which is very rarely, thank goodness.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 22 2008, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Apr 22 2008, 10:09 PM)
Nobody's Hero has great lyrics

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

eyesre4.gif

No you get two official threads to bash Counterparts in! You must feel like you've won the lottery.

z7shysterical.gif

Yup laugh.gif tongue.gif

Now all he has to do is start a (Bog) Roll the Bones thread and my life is complete smile.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 09:50 PM)

eyesre4.gif

No you get two official threads to bash Counterparts in! You must feel like you've won the lottery.

z7shysterical.gif

Yup laugh.gif tongue.gif

Now all he has to do is start a (Bog) Roll the Bones thread and my life is complete smile.gif

Shall I do the honours?

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 22 2008, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 09:50 PM)

eyesre4.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Yup laugh.gif tongue.gif

Shall I do the honours?

Nah, good things come to he who waits wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 22 2008, 08:55 AM)
COLD FIRE (one of my favorite Peart lyrics) ....with Nobody's Hero right behind it.

Two great Rush songs. I checked Feedback and i never voted CP, probably cause it's still to hard cause it's such an amazingly great album. So i'll continue to stick with no choice at this time. smile.gif

Hmm...

They're all great songs, actually. Cold Fire is definitely one of the best. yes.gif I also really like Cut To The Chase. Animate has a nice groove, and good lyrics.

But --

Everyday Glory is just an amazing song. yes.gif 2.gif

Leave That Thing Alone is by far my favourite.

I had a hard time deciding though...Cold Fire, Double Agent, Everyday Glory, Between Sun & Moon, Animate, Stick It Out, AHH its all too much awesomeness!!!

Archived