Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 12 2010, 03:06 PM)
So I was listening to the Anesthetize DVD audio tracks today on my MP3 player today. All in all a great show. I have to say though, the lead for the title track, done by Mr. Lifeson in the studio, was weak in the live performance. Is the lead that tough to play? I wonder.

I haven't heard the version on Anesthetize yet. But, on Ilosaarirock, that solo is shaky to the point of distraction. I guess Alex didn't leave them the tab. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 12 2010, 04:21 PM)
So I was listening to the Anesthetize DVD audio tracks today on my MP3 player today. All in all a great show. I have to say though, the lead for the title track, done by Mr. Lifeson in the studio, was weak in the live performance. Is the lead that tough to play? I wonder.

I haven't heard the version on Anesthetize yet. But, on Ilosaarirock, that solo is shaky to the point of distraction. I guess Alex didn't leave them the tab. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah...it sounds a bit off to me too

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 12 2010, 05:21 PM)

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 12 2010, 10:39 PM)

laugh.gif

Hmmmm, I never noticed any problems with the live versions...both recorded and in person.

I may need to have another listen to those tracks.

How about the Atlanta show? Is that one "off" as well?

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 13 2010, 07:52 AM)

laugh.gif

Hmmmm, I never noticed any problems with the live versions...both recorded and in person.

I think on Atlanta and Anesthetize, Wesley does a fine job. He makes the solo his own and doesn't bother trying to play like Alex. Like Alex however, he's a very instinctive player and seems to feel his way through a solo. I will also agree that on Ilosaarirock, it was a little shaky for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Oct 13 2010, 08:26 AM)

laugh.gif

I think on Atlanta and Anesthetize, Wesley does a fine job. He makes the solo his own and doesn't bother trying to play like Alex. Like Alex however, he's a very instinctive player and seems to feel his way through a solo. I will also agree that on Ilosaarirock, it was a little shaky for whatever reason.

It just sounded to me like he hadn't had much practice with it, and was trying to make it sound like Alex's solo. He's probably better off just winging it, and not trying to reproduce the studio version.

It still sounded good though. I'm not complaining...

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 12 2010, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 11 2010, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 11 2010, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 11 2010, 07:35 AM)
Gonna see them in Dublin tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dribble.

Enjoy the show, should be a great one!!

have a great time!!! 1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

how was the show? i just saw the setlist and it looked good.

Oh dear Jesus. Sorry I'm late with a review. Actually, there will be no review...not for a while.

There are no words. I can elucidate no more. Huge. Huge. Life changing stuff.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 13 2010, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 12 2010, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 11 2010, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 11 2010, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 11 2010, 07:35 AM)
Gonna see them in Dublin tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dribble.

Enjoy the show, should be a great one!!

have a great time!!! 1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

how was the show? i just saw the setlist and it looked good.

Oh dear Jesus. Sorry I'm late with a review. Actually, there will be no review...not for a while.

There are no words. I can elucidate no more. Huge. Huge. Life changing stuff.

right on! trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

laugh.gif

I agree. he nailed it the one time i saw do it live during the nil recurring tour.

Edited by tangy

Even Less

Open Car

Lazarus

The Sound of Muzak

The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase One)

I Drive the Hearse

Anesthetize

Occam's Razor

The Blind House

Great Expectations

Kneel and Disconnect

Drawing the Line

Blackest Eyes

Time Flies

Sleep Together

Trains

Taut, muscular, lean music. SW was in great form. Gavin did a magic trick with a hankie. Mental night. AND North Atlantic Oscillation supported. Mental. Completely mental.

Interesting set list. When I saw them last year, they started the show by playing the entirety of The Incident, which was cool except that the cd had just been released that day, and I had only heard like 3 songs off of it.

And they ended the show with a shortened version Anesthetize. It was a great show, I just wish that I would have had more time to listen to the new CD.

/ducks away from Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (The Maples @ Oct 13 2010, 04:48 PM)
Interesting set list. When I saw them last year, they started the show by playing the entirety of The Incident, which was cool except that the cd had just been released that day, and I had only heard like 3 songs off of it.
And they ended the show with a shortened version Anesthetize. It was a great show, I just wish that I would have had more time to listen to the new CD.

/ducks away from Hatchetaxe&saw

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 13 2010, 05:51 PM)
Though technically not PT, I'm really loving Home In Negative biggrin.gif

I hear Opeth influence in it.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 13 2010, 08:26 PM)
I've never listened to Opeth ohmy.gif

You should! yes.gif

WARNING!!! Cookie monster vocals, but the musicianship is second to none. It took me a while to "get" Akerfeld's vocals. And, it's not all growling. His "clean" vocals are some of the sweetest around.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem when they go to the news section on PT.com with FireFox?

Every time I go to PT.com using firefox, it freezes and goes into a "Not Responding" mode.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 14 2010, 09:57 AM)
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem when they go to the news section on PT.com with FireFox?

Every time I go to PT.com using firefox, it freezes and goes into a "Not Responding" mode.

I just tried it using Firefox, no problems.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Oct 14 2010, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Oct 13 2010, 04:51 PM)

Cover Versions throwaway... Meh.

Cover of who's song?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 14 2010, 02:47 PM)

Cover of who's song?

I think what rummut71 means is it's a song that didn't make one of SW's "Cover Versions" CDs. The CDs where he did one original song and one cover. Presumably a throwaway of an original.

Personally, I like it...FWIW.

Edited by tjtull

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 14 2010, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 14 2010, 02:47 PM)

Cover of who's song?

I think what rummut71 means is it's a song that didn't make one of SW's "Cover Versions" CDs. The CDs where he did one original song and one cover. Presumably a throwaway of an original.

Personally, I like it...FWIW.

It's not bad... But just nothing that is super-humanly great. Easily listenable.

It may also be a throwaway from next SW solo record... Rather than leave it on the floor, he used it for NYC radio promotion for RCMH. Not a bad plan...

(since when does SW do something that doesn't put lbs. in his pocket? wink.gif )