Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 24 2010, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 24 2010, 09:53 AM)
on my way to NYC for tonights show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Already, man? Shoot, I need to get myself in gear then...

I don't think we'll hit the LIRR until about four or so..I'll have to check the train times like now.

So, what was the final word on this?...They're recording 'audio' tonight, but not 'video' ?

Because, the last two shows I saw at RCMH, both Dream Theater and Heaven and Hell were both taped for DVD release...

It's a beautiful, old playhouse inside there...and a perfect venue to record a show for general release...I'd be very surprised if they didn't tape this, regardless of what the word on the street is.

I had something way funny happen when myself and the same buddy I attended the '07 H & H gig with were over at my house and watching the DVD of this event we'd seen together...

We had a pizza and some beer on the table and I had to PAUSE the DVD for some reason or another as I left the room...My friend was looking down at his food, or his cell or whatever and didn't notice anything until I had come back into the room...

We both saw it at the same time and bust out laughing...The DVD happened to be paused on a close-up of the face of some guy we went to High School with...Oh, we laughed heartily...robustly...Then, within the month, we tracked that very same guy down on the web and have been talking to him off and on ever since...Oh, what a joyous end.

Our new, old friend had no interest in tonight's gig...Doesn't know who the mighty Porcupine Tree even are...Maybe he's an alien...and I ain't talkin' 'bout someone done jumped the border and crost over if ya knowin' what I'm shayin'...Damn strange is what that is...Who doesn't now about the mighty PT in this technological day and age!

ALRIGHT, NOW down to brass tax, because I need to be hoppin' on this task of gettin' ready and onto a train heading a wees way West.

I WILL BE at Hearland Brewery tonight between the hour of 5 and 6...My name is CHRIS, and I will be wearing a BLACK HAT with only a NIKE SWISH on the front...I WILL BE the most fun you've had since the third damn grade...Let's get together, sit down, break some bread, down some suds and talk about this beautiful thing of wonder we are about to embark upon together.

Who's with me?

Your on bro. I will be wearing a Rush workshirt black and shorts. C-ya soon trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 24 2010, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 24 2010, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 24 2010, 09:53 AM)
on my way to NYC for tonights show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Already, man? Shoot, I need to get myself in gear then...

I don't think we'll hit the LIRR until about four or so..I'll have to check the train times like now.

So, what was the final word on this?...They're recording 'audio' tonight, but not 'video' ?

Because, the last two shows I saw at RCMH, both Dream Theater and Heaven and Hell were both taped for DVD release...

It's a beautiful, old playhouse inside there...and a perfect venue to record a show for general release...I'd be very surprised if they didn't tape this, regardless of what the word on the street is.

I had something way funny happen when myself and the same buddy I attended the '07 H & H gig with were over at my house and watching the DVD of this event we'd seen together...

We had a pizza and some beer on the table and I had to PAUSE the DVD for some reason or another as I left the room...My friend was looking down at his food, or his cell or whatever and didn't notice anything until I had come back into the room...

We both saw it at the same time and bust out laughing...The DVD happened to be paused on a close-up of the face of some guy we went to High School with...Oh, we laughed heartily...robustly...Then, within the month, we tracked that very same guy down on the web and have been talking to him off and on ever since...Oh, what a joyous end.

Our new, old friend had no interest in tonight's gig...Doesn't know who the mighty Porcupine Tree even are...Maybe he's an alien...and I ain't talkin' 'bout someone done jumped the border and crost over if ya knowin' what I'm shayin'...Damn strange is what that is...Who doesn't now about the mighty PT in this technological day and age!

ALRIGHT, NOW down to brass tax, because I need to be hoppin' on this task of gettin' ready and onto a train heading a wees way West.

I WILL BE at Hearland Brewery tonight between the hour of 5 and 6...My name is CHRIS, and I will be wearing a BLACK HAT with only a NIKE SWISH on the front...I WILL BE the most fun you've had since the third damn grade...Let's get together, sit down, break some bread, down some suds and talk about this beautiful thing of wonder we are about to embark upon together.

Who's with me?

Your on bro. I will be wearing a Rush workshirt black and shorts. C-ya soon trink39.gif

hope you guys and everyone else going from TRF have a great time tonight!

1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif yes.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 24 2010, 11:34 AM)

Still haven't left yet...Waiting for me bro and his lil' bro, Nephew to arrive...Neither one of them know any of the PT material from '07 or '09...I know, right...But, this is what I have to work with here tonight. We have to make due with who and what God hands us. lol.

I dunno know if yer still around, broseph...or if ya got one of them space-aged mobile devices where ya can read this on the fly, but, aside from the Black Nike Hat, I'll also have a long sleeve, Hunter Green shirt on, and some, oversized, light beige pants...I know, the color, a total crime after Labor Day...

That's enough info for someone to either spot me in a crowd, or lay a hit on me from a sniper tower miles away...Your move, man. PT, son! P fussin' T!

and we hustle and cuss

hustle and cuss and lick on the dust

hustle and cuss

must you muscle and fuss?

you muscle and fuss

and lick on the dust

hustle and cuss

yeah

I'm writing this from the Radio City show. So far, pretty amazing and surprising. Unfortunately, I got stuck in major traffic and couldn't catch up with the gathering at Heartland.

The setlist thus far is just awesome. They've played 6 songs...songs not yet played on this tour. I don't want to give anything away, but all I can say is WOW!

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 24 2010, 07:33 PM)
I'm writing this from the Radio City show. So far, pretty amazing and surprising. Unfortunately, I got stuck in major traffic and couldn't catch up with the gathering at Heartland.

The setlist thus far is just awesome. They've played 6 songs...songs not yet played on this tour. I don't want to give anything away, but all I can say is WOW!

1022.gif 1022.gif

whats been played?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 24 2010, 07:44 PM)
damn! just saw whats been played thus far on the PT forum.

what a opener!

PM me!!!! I wanna know!!! NOW!!!! laugh.gif

trink39.gif

i saw they opened with stranger by the minute! the full version of even less and a small fish!

open car , lazarus, the sky moves sideway! tinto brass.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 24 2010, 08:11 PM)

what a opener!

trink39.gif

i saw they opened with stranger by the minute! the full version of even less and a small fish!

Oh... wow.

That full version of EL must have been incredible!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 08:16 PM)

what a opener!

trink39.gif

Oh... wow.

Yep...they did. I had never heard the full version before.

I just ran into Metaldad in the lobby 1022.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 24 2010, 09:07 PM)

what a opener!

trink39.gif

Oh... wow.

Oh! Tell him "hi," for me if you see him again. Any sign of that wacky locator, aka Chris?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 09:31 PM)

what a opener!

trink39.gif

Oh... wow.

Oh! Tell him "hi," for me if you see him again. Any sign of that wacky locator, aka Chris?

Haven't been able to locate The Locator yet laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 24 2010, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 09:31 PM)

what a opener!

trink39.gif

Oh... wow.

Haven't been able to locate The Locator yet laugh.gif

How hard can it be to find a madman in a Nike hat? laugh.gif

Edited by sullysue

What an amazing show.

Anyone know where I can find the full setlist?

Yes, there were a a couple songs that I didn't know...

EDIT: Just found it on the PT forum.

The songs I didn't recognize were from Up the Downstair & that's because I haven't listened to it in ages.

And also, I hadn't heard anything from The Incident until tonight as well.

Edited by Rush!

QUOTE (Rush! @ Sep 25 2010, 01:52 AM)
What an amazing show.

Anyone know where I can find the full setlist?
Yes, there were a a couple songs that I didn't know...

EDIT: Just found it on the PT forum.

The songs I didn't recognize were from Up the Downstair & that's because I haven't listened to it in ages.

And also, I hadn't heard anything from The Incident until tonight as well.

What the???....

Are you saying you haven't heard The Incident until tonight?!? If that's correct, first off... WTF????? Second... you must have been blown the hell away.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 09:41 PM)
How hard can it be to find a madman in a Nike hat? laugh.gif

I have a bunch of ideas to share about this show, but I can't seem to keep my computer ON long enough to do that...So, I'll try again tomorrow...Suffice it to say that this was one really special treat for me and the boys...Really, the most TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED show I've ever been at...I thought this of the '07 RUSH, but this gig was even more so...much more so in that dept.

There were two screens on either side of the stage, but the one screen directly behind the band was absolutely HUGE..HUMONGOUS...like the length of, I dunno, let's say five and half Lincoln Continentals...Schitt was TALL too, son...And, the mini-movies that had been developed for no less than FOUR of their songs were just SPECTACULAR...I think that this is a word that the guys over at Radio City like to use a lot in conjunction with their productions...It was a SPECTACLE of spectacular proportion, is what it was. Even without the Rockettes.

The mini-movies really kept the audience completely engaged in the show...Brilliant idea...and it was super smart of the band to keep the hid until about half way through the gig. Two of the films featured humans and cars and buildings..and the two others featured animated sequences that weren't terribly unlike what you would see in them crazy-ass TOOL videos...HIGHLY ENTERTAINING, the whole shebang...But, were the mini-movies developed especially for the RCMH and Albert Hall shows, or have they been showing them on much smaller screens when playing much smaller venues?

I had spent Two Hours and Fifteen minutes over at Heartland Brewery and never did meet up with Metaldad...I did meet up with a bunch of folks from the Yesfans contingent, and was very glad to meet up with a guy that I've spoken to on the net for years now, but have never met in person until tonight. I literally went from table to table and preached the word on PT to anyone who even remotely looked like the were going to the gig...Of course, I waited until I had a few brews, pale ales, in me first...

Then, I basically played the part of 'preacher' as I sung high praise to an assembly which was basically comprised of all converts to begin with...But, you'd be surprised how many of them don't know about Blackfield, or the Wilson/Akerfeldt collabs...I even sold a few shlubs on how awesome the latest Transatlantic outing is...But, then we noticed that we weren't seeing any more PT, Yes or Rush shirts around us any more and knew that we were now late for the dance.

The sound system over at RCMH was also way SPECTACULAR...My buddies were very impressed with how rich the sound was...On the way out, I wanted to get myself a very cool looking Grey PT 'Recordings' T-shirt, but my friends didn't want to wait for me while on line...We hit up a bar on our walk back to Penn Station and then split out of the city around 12:30 or so....HIGHLY SATISFYING night, for certain.

I'm kinda upset that I couldn't find andy of the TRF members, but I was being pretty visible over at Heartland, and no one approached me...And, I had delivered enough info on what I'd be wearing for someone to order a hit on me...What a strage array of people too...This was the strangest, most complex and unpredictable assortment of people that I've ever seen at a show...Overall, a very cool thing we indulged in last night...The song selection was amazing...and there was only ONE song that I was unfamilar with...I have no idea where the song could have come from...unless it was from the very first PT release...the only album I'm still unfamilar with.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Sep 25 2010, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 24 2010, 09:41 PM)
How hard can it be to find a madman in a Nike hat?  laugh.gif

I have a bunch of ideas to share about this show, but I can't seem to keep my computer ON long enough to do that...So, I'll try again tomorrow...Suffice it to say that this was one really special treat for me and the boys...Really, the most TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED show I've ever been at...I thought this of the '07 RUSH, but this gig was even more so...much more so in that dept.

There were two screens on either side of the stage, but the one screen directly behind the band was absolutely HUGE..HUMONGOUS...like the length of, I dunno, let's say five and half Lincoln Continentals...Schitt was TALL too, son...And, the mini-movies that had been developed for no less than FOUR of their songs were just SPECTACULAR...I think that this is a word that the guys over at Radio City like to use a lot in conjunction with their productions...It was a SPECTACLE of spectacular proportion, is what it was. Even without the Rockettes.

The mini-movies really kept the audience completely engaged in the show...Brilliant idea...and it was super smart of the band to keep the hid until about half way through the gig. Two of the films featured humans and cars and buildings..and the two others featured animated sequences that weren't terribly unlike what you would see in them crazy-ass TOOL videos...HIGHLY ENTERTAINING, the whole shebang...But, were the mini-movies developed especially for the RCMH and Albert Hall shows, or have they been showing them on much smaller screens when playing much smaller venues?

I had spent Two Hours and Fifteen minutes over at Heartland Brewery and never did meet up with Metaldad...I did meet up with a bunch of folks from the Yesfans contingent, and was very glad to meet up with a guy that I've spoken to on the net for years now, but have never met in person until tonight. I literally went from table to table and preached the word on PT to anyone who even remotely looked like the were going to the gig...Of course, I waited until I had a few brews, pale ales, in me first...

Then, I basically played the part of 'preacher' as I sung high praise to an assembly which was basically comprised of all converts to begin with...But, you'd be surprised how many of them don't know about Blackfield, or the Wilson/Akerfeldt collabs...I even sold a few shlubs on how awesome the latest Transatlantic outing is...But, then we noticed that we weren't seeing any more PT, Yes or Rush shirts around us any more and knew that we were now late for the dance.

The sound system over at RCMH was also way SPECTACULAR...My buddies were very impressed with how rich the sound was...On the way out, I wanted to get myself a very cool looking Grey PT 'Recordings' T-shirt, but my friends didn't want to wait for me while on line...We hit up a bar on our walk back to Penn Station and then split out of the city around 12:30 or so....HIGHLY SATISFYING night, for certain.

I'm kinda upset that I couldn't find andy of the TRF members, but I was being pretty visible over at Heartland, and no one approached me...And, I had delivered enough info on what I'd be wearing for someone to order a hit on me...What a strage array of people too...This was the strangest, most complex and unpredictable assortment of people that I've ever seen at a show...Overall, a very cool thing we indulged in last night...The song selection was amazing...and there was only ONE song that I was unfamilar with...I have no idea where the song could have come from...unless it was from the very first PT release...the only album I'm still unfamilar with.

Nice! So glad you enjoyed the show, Chris. trink39.gif

They do put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. The background film , especially during "Yellow Windows of the Evening Train," that transission type thing that sucks you into just watching,... way too cool...

They freakin' rock live. I wasn't the same when I left that show in Dallas.

I am still on a high from the show last night! No...not that kind of high laugh.gif

Hey, Locator, I'm sorry I missed you last night. I drove into the city and got stuck in major traffic. My mistake was trying to park close to the venue. I got there at around 6:30, and decided to grab a slice of pizza with my son before heading into the show.

The sound system was just incredible...very full rich sound. Probably the best sound I've ever heard at a show. My bones were rattling from the bass. 1022.gif

They had special tour shirts made up for the show. I got one for me and one for my son. They look sharp. If I can remember, I'll post a pic here later. I have a couple of other pics to post. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone camera.

Being relatively new to the PT fan base, I have to admit that there were a couple of songs that I didn't hear before...Small Fish and Futile. But, I am happy to report that I did know all the other songs smile.gif

The crowd wasn't the most intense crowd I've ever seen, but they were very into it. We stood for most of the show. The crowd seemed to like the heavier songs, such as Anesthetize. The place rocked out to that song.

I was completely surprised that they played songs such as The Sky Moves Sideways Phase I and Tinto Brass. It was kinda funny because Steve Wilson asked on a few occasions, "Are you guys sure you know these songs?" laugh.gif

It was a great night. I'm so glad I was turned on to this band. Thanks to those of you who post here for all the suggestions and recommendations!

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 25 2010, 08:16 AM)
I am still on a high from the show last night! No...not that kind of high laugh.gif

Hey, Locator, I'm sorry I missed you last night. I drove into the city and got stuck in major traffic. My mistake was trying to park close to the venue. I got there at around 6:30, and decided to grab a slice of pizza with my son before heading into the show.

The sound system was just incredible...very full rich sound. Probably the best sound I've ever heard at a show. My bones were rattling from the bass. 1022.gif

They had special tour shirts made up for the show. I got one for me and one for my son. They look sharp. If I can remember, I'll post a pic here later. I have a couple of other pics to post. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone camera.

Being relatively new to the PT fan base, I have to admit that there were a couple of songs that I didn't hear before...Small Fish and Futile. But, I am happy to report that I did know all the other songs smile.gif

The crowd wasn't the most intense crowd I've ever seen, but they were very into it. We stood for most of the show. The crowd seemed to like the heavier songs, such as Anesthetize. The place rocked out to that song.

I was completely surprised that they played songs such as The Sky Moves Sideways Phase I and Tinto Brass. It was kinda funny because Steve Wilson asked on a few occasions, "Are you guys sure you know these songs?" laugh.gif

It was a great night. I'm so glad I was turned on to this band. Thanks to those of you who post here for all the suggestions and recommendations!

1022.gif

glad for you and all in attendance. Based off the setlist I would say that was the best concert of the year here in the states.

Man, I would've LOVED to have seen this concert. The set is very interesting, though I question a few of the choices - Open Car and Lazarus just seem like throwaways, and the omission of IA, Signify, and LS is surprising. Plus does it seem really disjointed to anyone else?

Hope to hell there's a DVD or live thing released from this!

copied from the PT forum, the setlist was:

Setlist:

(Acoustic Segment with Colin on Double Bass, Gavin on stripped down kit, and Steve on acoustic, and Wes and Richard on the usual)

Stranger By The Minute

Small Fish

Pure Narcotic

Black Dahlia

Futile

-----Short Break------

Even Less (Full Version)

Open Car

Lazarus

Tinto Brass

Sky Moves Sideways

I Drive The Hearse

Bonnie The Cat

------10 Minute Break-------

Occam's Razor

The Blind House

Great Expectations

Kneel and Disconnect

Drawing The Line

Dislocated Day

Time Files

The Pills I'm Taking

Up The Downstair

Sleep Together

-----Encore Break-------

Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 25 2010, 09:22 AM)
copied from the PT forum, the setlist was:

Setlist:

(Acoustic Segment with Colin on Double Bass, Gavin on stripped down kit, and Steve on acoustic, and Wes and Richard on the usual)
Stranger By The Minute
Small Fish
Pure Narcotic
Black Dahlia
Futile
-----Short Break------
Even Less (Full Version)
Open Car
Lazarus
Tinto Brass
Sky Moves Sideways
I Drive The Hearse
Bonnie The Cat
------10 Minute Break-------
Occam's Razor
The Blind House
Great Expectations
Kneel and Disconnect
Drawing The Line
Dislocated Day
Time Files
The Pills I'm Taking
Up The Downstair
Sleep Together
-----Encore Break-------
Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here

Holy crap. They played Dislocated Day.... I would have fainted. I bet Harrison tore that one up.

Last night's show was one of the greatest concerts I've seen. The setlist was great, especially the old stuff. The lasers and the screen were also excellent. No big complaints about the setlist, except that they didn't play anything from In Absentia. Otherwise, it was flawless. I wish they could have played 1/2 hour more, the 3 three hours flew by.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 25 2010, 10:24 AM)
Last night's show was one of the greatest concerts I've seen. The setlist was great, especially the old stuff. The lasers and the screen were also excellent. No big complaints about the setlist, except that they didn't play anything from In Absentia. Otherwise, it was flawless. I wish they could have played 1/2 hour more, the 3 three hours flew by.

they played alot of IA during the coheadliner tour with coheed & cambria so i guess to mix it up they opted for older material.