Bad movies that you liked ...

D'Artagnan

The Astronaut's Wife : Although the premise was lame, the acting was not good, and I was supposed to act bored while watching it, to be politically correct, I liked this movie.

Cypher and Equilibrium : After the Matrix's success, along came a plethora of mindless clones, of which were Cypher and Equilibrium, bullshit pseudo-intllectual sci-fi movies. I thought these two in particular were pretty good, though.

Resident Evil series : What's not to love about Milla Jovovich whupping zombie ass while wearing a miniskirt ?

Con Air : Everyone said it sucked, I thought it was badass.

Street Fighter (the movie) : Just kidding, this one really sucked ass.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 22 2008, 10:20 AM)
The Astronaut's Wife : Although the premise was lame, the acting was not good, and I was supposed to act bored while watching it, to be politically correct, I liked this movie.

Cypher and Equilibrium : After the Matrix's success, along came a plethora of mindless clones, of which were Cypher and Equilibrium, bullshit pseudo-intllectual sci-fi movies. I thought these two in particular were pretty good, though.

Resident Evil series : What's not to love about Milla Jovovich whupping zombie ass while wearing a miniskirt ?

IM not generally a fan of these types of movies, but I also like Con Air. laugh.gif

It's an odd thread premise, because if I liked it, I don't consider it bad. unsure.gif

Anyway, I guess in the spirit of the thread, a lot of people think Zoolander is colossally stupid, while I think it's one of the funniest movies ever. For example, Roger Ebert gave it ONE STAR! His review went on and on about it being politically incorrect. I mean, we're talking about a movie spoofing the fashion industry starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Will Farrell - how politically correct can it be? Other people I know think it's awful too, but I think it's comic genius. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 23 2008, 02:08 AM)
It's an odd thread premise, because if I liked it, I don't consider it bad. unsure.gif

Anyway, I guess in the spirit of the thread, a lot of people think Zoolander is colossally stupid, while I think it's one of the funniest movies ever. For example, Roger Ebert gave it ONE STAR! His review went on and on about it being politically incorrect. I mean, we're talking about a movie spoofing the fashion industry starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Will Farrell - how politically correct can it be? Other people I know think it's awful too, but I think it's comic genius. yes.gif

I saw that movie because everyone I know loves it and kept recommending it. But I didn't laugh once. Then again I hate Stiller and especially Farrell.

btw, I generally hate movie critics. To me they often come across as arrogant. I didn't read Ebert's review of Zoolander that you mentioned. But I can imagine what it'd say. Really, who cares if critics give a movie 1 star or 5?! If YOU like it then that's all that matters.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 22 2008, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 23 2008, 02:08 AM)
It's an odd thread premise, because if I liked it, I don't consider it bad.  unsure.gif

Anyway, I guess in the spirit of the thread, a lot of people think Zoolander is colossally stupid, while I think it's one of the funniest movies ever.  For example, Roger Ebert gave it ONE STAR!  His review went on and on about it being politically incorrect.  I mean, we're talking about a movie spoofing the fashion industry starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Will Farrell - how politically correct can it be?  Other people I know think it's awful too, but I think it's comic genius. yes.gif

I saw that movie because everyone I know loves it and kept recommending it. But I didn't laugh once. Then again I hate Stiller and especially Farrell.

btw, I generally hate movie critics. To me they often come across as arrogant. I didn't read Ebert's review of Zoolander that you mentioned. But I can imagine what it'd say. Really, who cares if critics give a movie 1 star or 5?! If YOU like it then that's all that matters.

I don't always agree with movie critics (ex. Ebert Zoolander review), but I do like reading them and seeing what they have to say.

I have heard several people tell me they didn't like this movie, but I think it is one of the best comedies I have ever seen. "Almost Heroes", directed by Christopher Guest.

Here are some funny scenes from it:

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 22 2008, 10:20 AM)

As for the Resident Evil series... I don't care who the hell they put in a miniskirt, those movies tarnished a great franchise and just sucked in general. As for Con Air, well, it's badass. laugh.gif

And I'll add... Goodburger to the list. The pinnacle of cinema.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 22 2008, 09:20 AM)

This line almost makes up for the whole abortion of the movie.

M. Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

And as much as I hate to admit it I actually like 300. I know it's stupid, masturbates over sloooow mooooooo, has racist overtones, is really

, and is rather thin on storyline. But for some inexplicable reason I enjoy it.

My fiancee doesn't like Predator for some reason. But I guess it's cause its one of those manly movies that the wimmins won't get.

I recently watched the documentary, "Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan." I wouldn't say it was bad. It was unique. More of a mindfuck film, which I like. But still... this documentary is not for everybody.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 23 2008, 09:34 AM)
I recently watched the documentary, "Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan." I wouldn't say it was bad. It was unique. More of a mindfuck film, which I like. But still... this documentary is not for everybody.

Sick is not a bad movie in any sort of way.

'Baseketball' is a pretty bad movie and I LOVED it!!!!! wub.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Grandtheftcow @ Mar 23 2008, 12:23 AM)

M. Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

And as much as I hate to admit it I actually like 300. I know it's stupid, masturbates over sloooow mooooooo, has racist overtones, is really

My fiancee doesn't like Predator for some reason. But I guess it's cause its one of those manly movies that the wimmins won't get.

300 is by no means a "bad" movie. It excels at what it does, and is faithful to its source material.

300 is pretty much the flick every entertainment/combat-laden "epic" wishes it was.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 24 2008, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Grandtheftcow @ Mar 23 2008, 12:23 AM)

300 is by no means a "bad" movie. It excels at what it does, and is faithful to its source material.

300 is pretty much the flick every entertainment/combat-laden "epic" wishes it was.

300 Rocks!!!

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Mar 24 2008, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 24 2008, 05:33 PM)
but the sequal was HORRID! 062802puke_prv.gif

you're tellin me! they killed off johnny cage like 4 minutes in! confused13.gif

Yea i KNOW! wtf.gif Also, not the mention the fact that the blue/green screen effects in that movie were awful. Here's how I've always described Mortal Kombat : Annihilation - it's like watching a 90 minute episode of the Power Rangers. The FIRST movie was pretty damn decent. The acting was actually pretty good, for a VIDEO GAME-based movie...the story was cool, the effects were cool...and NOBODY other than Christopher Lambert should play Rayden. The dude who played him in the sequal...Ugh! pokey.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 24 2008, 09:51 PM)
I don't really remember the second MK, but they actually found an actor worse than Christopher Lambert?

IMO, Lambert ROCKED as Rayden yes.gif ...but, for the sake of argument, YES, they found an actor worse than Lambert. WAY worse unsure.gif