Just because you loooooove remakes

Jack Aubrey

The title of this thread is meant to be read with a very sarcastic intonation.

Anyway, I got an e-mail from a buddy today directing my attention to this article in 'Variety' with instructions to pay attention to this paragraph which I'll copy and paste so you don't have to wade through it (emphasis added by me):

According to MGM, the studio has the funds for an aggressive production push. That includes the $500 million in UA's Merrill Lynch money that could be accessed as MGM and UA partner on films like "Thomas Crown Affair 2" "Outer Limits" and "Robocop." On its own, MGM has a $450 million credit facility with JPMorgan that it hasn't yet tapped.

Now I'm with them on 'Thomas Crown 2' (with high hopes that the lovely and gracious Rene Russo will reprise her role and perhaps reprise a certain very memorable scene, but I digress [hey, I'm male. Back off.]) and an 'Outer Limits' movie could rock hard if they did it anthology style like the 'Twilight Zone' movie, but 'Robocop'?! It's a damned classic! I mean, could they possibly find anyone who could out-deadpan Kurtwood Smith while delivering the immortal line "B*tches leave"? I think not.

Enough with the remakes already! (I'm getting real tired of saying that.)

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 18 2008, 01:37 PM)
Why not remake Tron while they are at it... eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif I think they could improve that one.

Kill bill 3...The Resurrection.

Have you ever seen the deleted scenes from First Blood? There is one where John Rambo kills himself. My brother loves First Blood and he thinks they should not have deleted that one.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 20 2008, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 20 2008, 05:32 PM)
A remake of Con Air would be better, IMO.

What would you change about the first?

* Replace John Malkovich by Ron Perlman.

* Include a religious debate somewhere; the climax of this debate would be symbolized by some random-ass character taking off his rosary beads, and loading his gun.

* Include female genitalia.

* Extend the Vegas showdown at the end.

* Movie ends with western-styled gunfight between Cage and Perlman; before the shootout, Cage will lecture Perlman about the aesthetics and technicalities of using a gun, similar to what Solid Snake did to Major Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 20 2008, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 20 2008, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 20 2008, 05:32 PM)
A remake of Con Air would be better, IMO.

What would you change about the first?

* Replace John Malkovich by Ron Perlman.

* Include a religious debate somewhere; the climax of this debate would be symbolized by some random-ass character taking off his rosary beads, and loading his gun.

* Include female genitalia.

* Extend the Vegas showdown at the end.

* Movie ends with western-styled gunfight between Cage and Perlman; before the shootout, Cage will lecture Perlman about the aesthetics and technicalities of using a gun, similar to what Solid Snake did to Major Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater.

sounds interesting....

except for the female genetalia that would throw me off my course.

the rest sounds......achievable. unsure.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 20 2008, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Mar 19 2008, 11:30 PM)
Kill Bill 3 !

How about the long rumored "Vega Brothers" movie.. a prequel to Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs!

Haven't heard about that. Googling it now!

I'm a huge Tarentino fan.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Mar 20 2008, 07:51 PM)
Kill Bill 3 !

How about the long rumored "Vega Brothers" movie.. a prequel to Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs!

It was a RUMORED project, Im not sure if it was even considered, but its an idea MANY would LOVE!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/73/039_26383.jpg

Vic Vega

http://espectadores.net/wp-content/vincent-vega.jpg

Vincent Vega

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 20 2008, 06:54 PM)
Kill Bill 3 !

It was a RUMORED project, Im not sure if it was even considered, but its an idea MANY would LOVE!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/73/039_26383.jpghttp://espectadores.net/wp-content/vincent-vega.jpg

Same here man!,

I know Tarantino only directed part of 4 Rooms, but what did you think about that one? My favorites were the 3rd and 4th, the one with the crazy kids, and the one where Theodore chops that guys finger off. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 20 2008, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 20 2008, 06:54 PM)
Kill Bill 3 !

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/73/039_26383.jpghttp://espectadores.net/wp-content/vincent-vega.jpg

Same here man!,

I know Tarantino only directed part of 4 Rooms, but what did you think about that one? My favorites were the 3rd and 4th, the one with the crazy kids, and the one where Theodore chops that guys finger off. laugh.gif

I havent seen that yet bolt.gif