Just how much

Cygnusss

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:23 PM)

Pointing out something youve written thats wrong is not picking a fight. Grow a pair.

No, actually you didn't point anything out that was wrong because you can't read. You just said so in your last post.

I said: "but unless it relates to something "

and for some reason you can't understand how that could possibly mean "anything that does not relate to". It's like you need the obvious to be spelled out for you. Stop picking fights and learn how to read.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:23 PM)

Pointing out something youve written thats wrong is not picking a fight.  Grow a pair.

No, actually you didn't point anything out that was wrong because you can't read. You just said so in your last post.

I said: "but unless it relates to something "

and for some reason you can't understand how that could possibly mean "anything that does not relate to". It's like you need the obvious to be spelled out for you. Stop picking fights and learn how to read.

Youre functionally illiterate. Seek help.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 05:58 PM)
I'm curious as to how much you guys are willing to pay for 2nd row center seats to see Rush.

You see, I have some money coming in the mail.... (some economical act) where basically they send you some extra money to boost the economy. Anyway, I found 2nd row center seats to a show an hour from where I live, and of Course I want to go, but the tickets are 300 bones each. Personally, I'm willing to pay that much to see them that close. But just about everyone and their mom is calling me crazy.

to quote my father,

"hell, I wouldn't pay that much to see ANY band, even if that price included a bj in the parking lot."

but, heck, I'm a fan and that's what fans do.

so just how much would you guys be willing to pay for great seats?

$300ea for second row is do-able...

I was willing to pay $220ea for third row, and DID! wink.gif

No I did not. I pointed out how you expressed an idea in a vaugue and insufficiently clear manner, something that is not uncommon with your posts.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Mar 12 2008, 09:49 PM)
I'm curious as to how much you guys are willing to pay for 2nd row center seats to see Rush.

You see, I have some money coming in the mail.... (some economical act) where basically they send you some extra money to boost the economy. Anyway, I found 2nd row center seats to a show an hour from where I live, and of Course I want to go, but the tickets are 300 bones each. Personally, I'm willing to pay that much to see them that close. But just about everyone and their mom is calling me crazy.

to quote my father,

"hell, I wouldn't pay that much to see ANY band, even if that price included a bj in the parking lot."

but, heck, I'm a fan and that's what fans do.

so just how much would you guys be willing to pay for great seats?

$300ea for second row is do-able...

I was willing to pay $220ea for third row, and DID! wink.gif

I agree that $250-$350 is reaosnable for up that close.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:51 PM)
No, actually you didn't point anything out that was wrong because you can't read.  You just said so in your last post.

No I did not. I pointed out how you expressed an idea in a vaugue and insufficiently clear manner, something that is not uncommon with your posts.

"Unless it relates to" is a vague term to you? Are you for real? It's a logical statement with absolutely zero ambiguity. Would you rather me make a list of the thousands of things that could have been included in my statement? Are you friggin kidding me? Like I said before, stop picking fights.

I'm sure your dad loves you and is a stand up guy, but unless it relates to something that will truely affect your life on a grand scale, never listen to your parents. The only thing my dad ever told me not to do and was 100% right about, was when he told me not to get married.  Other than that, I pretty much did the exact opposite of what was suggested.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

To reiterate, I disagree with this bolded part of your statement. I'm sorry if you find that hard to understand. Im not picking a fight, Im disagreeing wiht what you said. You usually view me disagreeing with you as picking a fight, when in fact all I'm doing is disagreeing with you.

I just don't have a credit card for online purchases. Him and I have an agreement, I use the card all the time, and then pay him cash, but he said 600 $ is a little steep.

If you're 19 years old then the best thing you could ever do is start establishing your credit history. Not building a credit history is literally, just about the worst thing you could ever do in life. It will hurt you in ways you can't even think of at your age. Nearly everything you do or want in life will be decided on both how high your credit scores are (FICO), and how much available credit you have and can properly manage (i.e. the more you have = the more people will want to loan to you, only the key is to not revolve your balances).

You don't see it now, but your goal in life should be to establish as much credit as possible, build it up over time, and use it only to obtain the benefits that it comes with or in case of emergency. The interest rates on loans you will be seeking out when you are older will be the lowest they can be if you start building your credit now. I recommend educating yourself on how the U.S. credit system works (i.e. do not listen to other people, most of them have no idea how it really works, you have to educate yourself) and why it is important to continually increase your available credit throughout your lifetime. If you start now, your life will be much better off because you will have knowledge that most people do not have (i.e. you're ahead of the game).

trink39.gif

tell ya what, kid...how about I buy those tix on Ebay, and sell them back to you in a couple weeks for 600 plus your left nut? I collect 'em, kinda like a squirrel does.

My 2 cents: I gotta agree with lerxst....when I read firsttour posts, it seems like he's saying...don't listen to (just about) anything your parents tell you. If they tell you not to do drugs, drink excessively, stay in school, make a life of yourself...you should listen. Not all parents are bad...not all parents want you to be miserable with them...some of them really want to see their kids succeed.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 12 2008, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:04 PM)
But just about everyone and their mom is calling me crazy.

to quote my father,

The minute you listen to other people is the minute your life will turn to shit just like thieir lives are. People will tell you no because they've never done anything themselves. Misery loves company. DO NOT listen to other people, especially if its a female. Other people do not live in your body and do not live your life.

I'm sure your dad loves you and is a stand up guy, but unless it relates to something that will truely affect your life on a grand scale, never listen to your parents. The only thing my dad ever told me not to do and was 100% right about, was when he told me not to get married. Other than that, I pretty much did the exact opposite of what was suggested.

Go buy the tickets and enjoy life.

Yes, don't listen to your parents. They hate you and are trying to ruin your life. Drugs are good, and so is alcohol. Start smoking as soon as possible and by all means.............pay way to much for concert tickets. wacko.gif

The concert ticket thing is a matter of personal preference as long as its wihtin reason (not interfering with you eating etc. smile.gif). In general, the ticket for a concert is not that much more than a premium seat to a hockey game (where I live), and given the infrequency of concert tours by your favorite artists, $100 isnt *that* outrageous (ducks smile.gif) for an evening of entertainment.

The key is: is the cost worth it, and I can see a child disagreeing with their parents on that score, or not if the parents were fans of the arts (rock concert tickets are actually very reasonable when compared to the orchestra, ballet, and opera in major cities).

I was more objecting to the statement that one shouldnt listen at all to their parents - thought that goes a little too far smile.gif

I know I am just ranting. I hate scalpers and I am boycotting all concerts. I also do not worship any band near as much as the people on this board worship rush so I don't lose sleep over not getting to see a show.

I hate that people have the ability to gouge prices and the consumer who is grabbing his ankles does so with a smile on his face. I wish it wasn't that way. Let the scalpers eat 10 grand worth of tickets and let the band play to a few empty arenas. Maybe things would change. It takes more than one though.

I think his dad was trying to say "save your money for something more worthwhile" like a car, or an education which I think is really good advise that should be considered.

Cygnus If you do buy the tickets then have a wonderful time! smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 10:23 PM)
oh, and I am happily married.

Awesome, you're the exception to the rule.

Really? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, it's called simple math.

Nearly 1/2 of all 1st marriages end in divorce.

More than 1/2 of all 2nd marriages end in divorce.

If the remaining pool of marriages are anything like the majority of married friends I have, a sizable percentage of married men are simply trapped and miserable.

And being a single guy about to turn 40, I'm able to see things from an entirely differnt vantage point from someone in the mix. The one that shows me all those beaten dog friends of mine who go to work every day and come home to the wife who's gained 50lbs over the years, and no longer gives him what all the hot 20-somethings making themselves available to guys my age do.

Yeah, anyone in a marriage who can say they are happy and aren't lieying, they are the exception to the rule. If you need proof, head down to your local hooters and look at all the beaten dogs staring at the ball game on TV.

QUOTE (skeeter @ Mar 12 2008, 10:07 PM)
tell ya what, kid...how about I buy those tix on Ebay, and sell them back to you in a couple weeks for 600 plus your left nut?  I collect 'em, kinda like a squirrel does.

My 2 cents:  I gotta agree with lerxst....when I read firsttour posts, it seems like he's saying...don't listen to (just about) anything your parents tell you.  If they tell you not to do drugs, drink excessively, stay in school, make a life of yourself...you should listen.  Not all parents are bad...not all parents want you to be miserable with them...some of them really want to see their kids succeed.

Sounds good to me. I don't really need both of them. laugh.gif

I can understand where they are both coming from.

P.S. If any credible person on this forum is actually willing to do that for me, I can pay you extra for the trouble. basically you would be insurance for me. Come on, Help out a fellow Rush fan! biggrin.gif

if you don't believe me check it out ..my ebay name is glennb2112 just like my name here. no i am not rich but come on you only live once and the kid needed to sit up fornt. PM me your phone number and we can talk. gotta love it!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:54 PM)
i will buy them ...pay me back when your check comes in..and you owe me big time.. no joke.

I think my heart just lept into my throat........

2.gif

for all those interested i got the ticketrs for cygnuss. he will be up front next to me. he can't buy me any beer but what the heck. i am far from rich but i just "paid it forward". rush on! 1022.gif

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 13 2008, 12:13 AM)
for all those interested i got the ticketrs for cygnuss. he will be up front next to me. he can't buy me any beer but what the heck. i am far from rich but i just "paid it forward". rush on! 1022.gif

Wow, I can't thank you enough Glenn you truly are the man!!!!

If I was old enough, I wouldn't buy you a beer, I'd buy you a damn Budweiser semi! laugh.gif

Just so the forum knows. Glennb2112 rules... 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 13 2008, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 13 2008, 12:13 AM)
for all those interested i got the ticketrs for cygnuss. he will be up front next to me. he can't buy me any beer but what the heck. i am far from rich but i just "paid it forward".  rush on! 1022.gif

Wow, I can't thank you enough Glenn you truly are the man!!!!

If I was old enough, I wouldn't buy you a beer, I'd buy you a damn Budweiser semi! laugh.gif

Just so the forum knows. Glennb2112 rules... 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This is just way awesome. You two just made my day.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Archived