Just how much

Cygnusss

I'm curious as to how much you guys are willing to pay for 2nd row center seats to see Rush.

You see, I have some money coming in the mail.... (some economical act) where basically they send you some extra money to boost the economy. Anyway, I found 2nd row center seats to a show an hour from where I live, and of Course I want to go, but the tickets are 300 bones each. Personally, I'm willing to pay that much to see them that close. But just about everyone and their mom is calling me crazy.

to quote my father,

"hell, I wouldn't pay that much to see ANY band, even if that price included a bj in the parking lot."

but, heck, I'm a fan and that's what fans do.

so just how much would you guys be willing to pay for great seats?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your father said that?

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 12 2008, 06:39 PM)
Your father said that?

yes, jokingly of course,

and I'm not sure what you mean printed on the ticket. I'm possibly getting them off of ebay, and it doesn't show a picture of the ticket.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 07:42 PM)
Your father said that?

yes, jokingly of course,

and I'm not sure what you mean printed on the ticket. I'm possibly getting them off of ebay, and it doesn't show a picture of the ticket.

Its also called face value and thats all I would pay for them.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 12 2008, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 07:42 PM)
Your father said that?

yes, jokingly of course,

Its also called face value and thats all I would pay for them.

well, to me 2nd row is worth the 300 dollars, but that's just me, Heck front row tickets are going for over 900 dollars on some sites, so unless you've won a radio contest or something, chances are you're not going to get that close for under 300.

Do whatever the hell you want.

If you are strapped for cash, or have lots of bills, or the money really SHOULD go to good use somewhere else, or if you really can't afford it even with the "economy booster". Be reasonable and make a wise decision...but remember it's only money, and a memory lasts a lifetime.

Also, no matter how big a 2.gif fan you are, or no matter how much the band sees you are into the show...chances are they you won't get pulled up on stage, party with the band 'til dawn, and then be their BFF.

But having been in the front row for four 2.gif shows and in the first 5 rows for 7 others....I can tell you there is no place better than being right up front....especially for 2.gif

Hope that helps. wacko.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Mar 12 2008, 06:49 PM)

If you are strapped for cash, or have lots of bills, or the money really SHOULD go to good use somewhere else, or if you really can't afford it even with the "economy booster". Be reasonable and make a wise decision...but remember it's only money, and a memory lasts a lifetime.

Also, no matter how big a 2.gif fan you are, or no matter how much the band sees you are into the show...chances are they you won't get pulled up on stage, party with the band 'til dawn, and then be their BFF.

But having been in the front row for four 2.gif shows and in the first 5 rows for 7 others....I can tell you there is no place better than being right up front....especially for 2.gif

Hope that helps. wacko.gif wacko.gif

Absolutely it helps. I don't have any other main bills to pay, like I said this money is extra tax return cash $$$ what better to spend it on than 2.gif like you said, money is renewable, but a memory lasts a lifetime unless I get my head smashed or something. And I wasn't expecting to be Rush's BFF, or get pulled up on stage. come on. lol.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 07:54 PM)

Also, no matter how big a  2.gif  fan you are, or no matter how much the band sees you are into the show...chances are they you won't get pulled up on stage, party with the band 'til dawn, and then be their BFF.

But having been in the front row for four  2.gif shows and in the first 5 rows for 7 others....I can tell you there is no place better than being right up front....especially for  2.gif

Hope that helps.  wacko.gif  wacko.gif

Absolutely it helps. I don't have any other main bills to pay, like I said this money is extra tax return cash $$$ what better to spend it on than 2.gif like you said, money is renewable, but a memory lasts a lifetime unless I get my head smashed or something. And I wasn't expecting to be Rush's BFF, or get pulled up on stage. come on. lol.

No wonder the world is doomed.

Its "Better" to spend the money on something thats marked up 125%? And all the super fans here will congratulate you on your "wise" purchase. wacko.gif

I will never understand people.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 12 2008, 06:57 PM)

Also, no matter how big a  2.gif  fan you are, or no matter how much the band sees you are into the show...chances are they you won't get pulled up on stage, party with the band 'til dawn, and then be their BFF.

But having been in the front row for four  2.gif shows and in the first 5 rows for 7 others....I can tell you there is no place better than being right up front....especially for  2.gif

Its "Better" to spend the money on something thats marked up 125%? And all the super fans here will congratulate you on your "wise" purchase. wacko.gif

Actually, I don't see how it's "marked up 125%" I don't believe the tickets were going for anything less than what I'm paying to begin with. Also, The money is extra cash I wasn't going to have in the first place.

The thread wasn't "am I making a stupid decision?" because I'm going to buy them regardless one way or another, but rather, what is your price? what are you willing to pay for great seats?

plus, just as this money is intended for, buying things, does one thing, helps the economy. Its'a win win unless, you have starving kids.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 08:04 PM)

Actually, I don't see how it's "marked up 125%" I don't believe the tickets were going for anything less than what I'm paying to begin with. Also, The money is extra cash I wasn't going to have in the first place.

The thread wasn't "am I making a stupid decision?" because I'm going to buy them regardless one way or another, but rather, what is your price? what are you willing to pay for great seats?

plus, just as this money is intended for, buying things, does one thing, helps the economy. Its'a win win unless, you have starving kids.

your right. if the face value is $120 then its marked up 150%. But its your money so do what you want.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 12 2008, 07:12 PM)

your right. if the face value is $120 then its marked up 150%. But its your money so do what you want.

laugh.gif so, if all the great upfront seats are bought and marked up, then I suppose if you're only willing to pay face value, you'll never get close.

the lawn grass makes my legs itch.... tongue.gif

I spent $1000 on two front row seats and buddy I tell ya....

ITS WORTH EVERY FRIGGIN PENNY

Of course its a stupid decision to spend that much, but I had it

saved(MOST of it) for three shows on the tour and decided

"I Will see only one show and just sit front row!"

I went to see Incubus paid $400 for 2nd row seats(BBB) and they ended up being front. After that it was hard to sit anywhere else....

Do it....you won't regret it

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/kennyviper2/incubus.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa95/kennyviper2/DSCN1774-1.jpg

buy them you will be sitting next to me!!!

i know you want to!

the price is all relative...some get hotel rooms, drink way too much, buy shirts, programs ect so $300 for a ticket could be $300 whereas

$125 for a ticket could be $400.

i do have a 7th row seat for sale....$125 if that helps you

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 12 2008, 07:23 PM)
buy them you will be sitting next to me!!!

i know you want to!

i do have a 7th row seat for sale....$125 if that helps you

Damn, straight you know I want to laugh.gif

Those pics are from like, 1st or 2nd row? man, that's sooo close,

If only I had a credit card. My pops won;t let me use his unless I have the cash in hand to give him, and my check wont come for a few weeks, by then they'll probably be gone Man, I want those seats.

Glen, you should hook me up, buy the tickets for me, and then I'll buy them off of you, atleast I'll know they're safe! laugh.gif just until I get my tax returns back!! haha.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 08:15 PM)

laugh.gif so, if all the great upfront seats are bought and marked up, then I suppose if you're only willing to pay face value, you'll never get close.

Thats why I just don't go. If everyone did that the scalpers would cease to exist and then front row seats would be available to fans in the presales at face value. wink.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 12 2008, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 12 2008, 08:15 PM)

Thats why I just don't go. If everyone did that the scalpers would cease to exist and then front row seats would be available to fans in the presales at face value. wink.gif

I wish it was that way, in a perfect world I guess. sad.gif

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 12 2008, 07:28 PM)
just buy the 7th row and pay me at the show!

$125 and its yours.

don't think you can do better than that trink39.gif

I don't want 7th! I want 2nd, plus my buddy wants one too, so two tickets is the way to go.

First off, anyone who looks at what something costs the owner, and uses that as the basis for what they should pay, is clueless. Cost to the current owner is irrelevant and has nothing to do with value.

To answer your question:

I have a friend who's brother was killed in Iraq 90 days after his first child was born. He never got to hold his daughter.

I had two friends in High School blow their brains out before they were 16 years old. They missed out on an entire lifetime.

I once knew a guy who had $50 million dollars in the bank and drove a $1200 car. He was the cheapest son-of-a-bitch I have ever met in my life. He died at age 49 and his daughter got all his money to piss away for herself.

I have a family member who was given 6-8 weeks to live, 11 weeks ago. She went on trips, visited other countries, and has nothing unfinished.

What does all this have to do with you buying tickets? We're all going to die one day. The only question is how do you want to go out?

$300 is more than likely a fraction of what you will waste in your time trying to get laid this summer. Would you rather remember all the time wasted on women, or 2 1/2 hours of pure extasy?

I'm actually even surprised you had to post that question. So far this tour I've spent over $4 grand on tickets to 7 shows. My worst seats are 5th row dead center in Red Rocks, a few are front & center. I assure you that I make less money than probably 70% of the folks on this board. I can afford it because I don't waste my money on the things a lot of other people piss away all the time. $300 is what most people piss away going to Starbucks, or wasting their money taking girls out to dinner, or buying chicks drinks, or whatever...

Bottom line: $300 for 2nd row? Why are those tickets even still available for sale?

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 07:50 PM)
First off, anyone who looks at what something costs the owner, and uses that as the basis for what they should pay, is clueless. Cost to the current owner is irrelevant and has nothing to do with value.

To answer your question:

I have a friend who's brother was killed in Iraq 90 days after his first child was born. He never got to hold his daughter.

I had two friends in High School blow their brains out before they were 16 years old. They missed out on an entire lifetime.

I once knew a guy who had $50 million dollars in the bank and drove a $1200 car. He was the cheapest son-of-a-bitch I have ever met in my life. He died at age 49 and his daughter got all his money to piss away for herself.

I have a family member who was given 6-8 weeks to live, 11 weeks ago. She went on trips, visited other countries, and has nothing unfinished.

What does all this have to do with you buying tickets? We're all going to die one day. The only question is how do you want to go out?

$300 is more than likely a fraction of what you will waste in your time trying to get laid this summer. Would you rather remember all the time wasted on women, or 2 1/2 hours of pure extasy?

I'm actually even surprised you had to post that question. So far this tour I've spent over $4 grand on tickets to 7 shows. My worst seats are 5th row dead center in Red Rocks, a few are front & center. I assure you that I make less money than probably 70% of the folks on this board. I can afford it because I don't waste my money on the things a lot of other people piss away all the time. $300 is what most people piss away going to Starbucks, or wasting their money taking girls out to dinner, or buying chicks drinks, or whatever...

Bottom line: $300 for 2nd row? Why are those tickets even still available for sale?

thanks for the insight. my dilemma, is that I'm worried, by time my income tax returns come in, the tickets will be gone, and everyone I know with a credit card won't order me the damn tickets even though they know I'm 100% good for the money. I just hope they are still there by time my check arrives. unsure.gif

Archived