Just how much

Cygnusss

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 13 2008, 12:13 AM)
for all those interested i got the ticketrs for cygnuss. he will be up front next to me. he can't buy me any beer but what the heck. i am far from rich but i just "paid it forward". rush on! 1022.gif

YOU are awesome trink39.gif 2.gif

I think $300 for second row is a steal, personally yes.gif

Have fun you two!!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glennb,

Let me know if there is a single row 2 available. I'm already doing Milw and Chicago...but what the heck...I may just swing this one too. Heck, maybe I should do your row 7 for alot less.

Wife would rather the hubby spends his cash on Rush...as opposed to what some state governor would spend his available cash on laugh.gif

Skeeter

QUOTE (skeeter @ Mar 13 2008, 11:39 AM)
Glennb,
Let me know if there is a single row 2 available. I'm already doing Milw and Chicago...but what the heck...I may just swing this one too. Heck, maybe I should do your row 7 for alot less.
Wife would rather the hubby spends his cash on Rush...as opposed to what some state governor would spend his available cash on laugh.gif
Skeeter

i do have a 7th row that MIGHT be sold to another on the board.

BUT i also have a 10th row that i need to sell as well. face of course.

PM me if you are interested. trink39.gif

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 12 2008, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 12 2008, 10:23 PM)
oh, and I am happily married.

Awesome, you're the exception to the rule.

Really? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, it's called simple math.

Nearly 1/2 of all 1st marriages end in divorce.

More than 1/2 of all 2nd marriages end in divorce.

If the remaining pool of marriages are anything like the majority of married friends I have, a sizable percentage of married men are simply trapped and miserable.

And being a single guy about to turn 40, I'm able to see things from an entirely differnt vantage point from someone in the mix. The one that shows me all those beaten dog friends of mine who go to work every day and come home to the wife who's gained 50lbs over the years, and no longer gives him what all the hot 20-somethings making themselves available to guys my age do.

Yeah, anyone in a marriage who can say they are happy and aren't lieying, they are the exception to the rule. If you need proof, head down to your local hooters and look at all the beaten dogs staring at the ball game on TV.

Staying unmarried is probably a good idea for you. smile.gif Ill still go to Hooters to investigate.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:57 PM)
if you don't believe me check it out ..my ebay name is glennb2112 just like my name here. no i am not rich but come on you only live once and the kid needed to sit up fornt. PM me your phone number and we can talk. gotta love it!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 13 2008, 01:36 PM)

Staying unmarried is probably a good idea for you. smile.gif Ill still go to Hooters to investigate.

Staying unmarried is a good idea for any man. Signing a state-sponsored contract to hand over half of everything you'll earn is a losing proposition to the majority of participants. There is nothing in a marraige for a man that you can't have being unmarried. Unfortunately most guys don't see that fact until it's too late.

Marriage isn't for everyone ...it's hard work. Finding the right person is only half the battle.

I will say one thing .....I'm 40 - been married for 8 years ....yeah we've had our ups and downs, couples counseling etc ....but I am glad I married him. We don't always see eye to eye but we love each other.

He doesn't like Rush - I begged him to come with me last year to Jones beach and MSG.....he did, even bought the tickets because I was crazy busy with work and school.

This year for Valentine's day he got 9th row tickets for Jones Beach...and he will be taking me again. Now that's love .....doing something for your significant other that you really don't enjoy but knowing it makes them happy.

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Mar 13 2008, 02:42 PM)
Marriage isn't for everyone ...it's hard work. Finding the right person is only half the battle.

I will say one thing .....I'm 40 - been married for 8 years ....yeah we've had our ups and downs, couples counseling etc ....but I am glad I married him. We don't always see eye to eye but we love each other.

He doesn't like Rush - I begged him to come with me last year to Jones beach and MSG.....he did, even bought the tickets because I was crazy busy with work and school.

This year for Valentine's day he got 9th row tickets for Jones Beach...and he will be taking me again. Now that's love .....doing something for your significant other that you really don't enjoy but knowing it makes them happy.

Plenty of benefits for women to get married, tons and tons. There are none for a man though, it's a losing proposition and a fataly-flawed contract to be signing (unfortunately).

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 13 2008, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 13 2008, 01:36 PM)

Staying unmarried is probably a good idea for you. smile.gif  Ill still go to Hooters to investigate.

Staying unmarried is a good idea for any man. Signing a state-sponsored contract to hand over half of everything you'll earn is a losing proposition to the majority of participants. There is nothing in a marraige for a man that you can't have being unmarried. Unfortunately most guys don't see that fact until it's too late.

I dont share your view. If you talk to the people that are happily married, and have children, you will experience another viewpoint. For those that are happily married, your definitions arent correct.

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:01 PM)

Plenty of benefits for women to get married, tons and tons. There are none for a man though, it's a losing proposition and a fataly-flawed contract to be signing (unfortunately).

Thats not true, there are a great many benefits to being married for the man as well.

Lets start another thread on this in RS so we dont foul up that young man getting some primo seats smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:04 PM)

Thats not true, there are a great many benefits to being married for the man as well.

Lets start another thread on this in RS so we dont foul up that young man getting some primo seats smile.gif

Name one. Just one single benefit that is obtained from being married that a man cannot have being unmarried. Just one.

Well, it's not always great for a woman to be married either. This isn't 1950 where if a woman didn't get married, it was tragic and she couldn't live her life without a man or his money, real estate, etc. Some of the most succesful and happy women I know are single, out-going and very much better off that way. They have their own place, even their own house. They pay their own bills and they like it that way. When I get married someday, I'm not doing it out of financial needs or because there are benefits for women. I will because I want a valued partnership for as long as that may be, hopefully for life, but hey, sh!t happens, I know. And actually, if I marry the guy I'm dating now, and we get a house and all that stuff, I'll be the one bringing home the bacon, so to speak because my line of work has benefits and makes more than his does.

Just a heads up, I'm not saying that YOU said any of these things I just wrote, FirstTour, meaning I am not mis-reading your comment. This is simply my opinion to your comment as a woman, nothing else.

Carry on...

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:09 PM)
Name one. Just one single benefit that is obtained from being married that a man cannot have being unmarried. Just one.

Love, carring, compassion, support...that kinda crap. tongue.gif

Oh and if you have a nice enough wedding, people buy you sh!t too.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:04 PM)

Its about committment to the other person, if the marraige is good.

Where I would agree with you is the state sanctioning part - thats just for financial and other legal conveniences. The meaningful sanctioning of my marraige isnt from the state.

Its not for everyone, but saying its not for anyone is clearly oversimplifying the institution, and is wrong.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:22 PM)
Name one.  Just one single benefit that is obtained from being married that a man cannot have being unmarried.  Just one.

laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Im old fashioned and believe its nice to be married before having a family and raising kids. Yes, can it be done without getting married? Of course. But the committment that comes with getting married is important for some people.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:19 PM)
Well, it's not always great for a woman to be married either.  This isn't 1950 where if a woman didn't get married, it was tragic and she couldn't live her life without a man or his money, real estate, etc.  Some of the most succesful and happy women I know are single, out-going and very much better off that way.  They have their own place, even their own house.  They pay their own bills and they like it that way.  When I get married someday, I'm not doing it out of financial needs or because there are benefits for women.  I will because I want a valued partnership for as long as that may be, hopefully for life, but hey, sh!t happens, I know.  And actually, if I marry the guy I'm dating now, and we get a house and all that stuff, I'll be the one bringing home the bacon, so to speak because my line of work has benefits and makes more than his does. 

Just a heads up, I'm not saying that YOU said any of these things I just wrote, FirstTour, meaning I am not mis-reading your comment.  This is simply my opinion to your comment as a woman, nothing else. 

Carry on...

You used the world always, not me. These are general statements, hence it applies to the majority and not the exception to the rule.

While you and your friends may be realistic about what the world offers women today, and I believe you are, most women are not like you or your friends. The alimony and child support laws in our country prove this fact. In nearly all cases, Men pay an alimony fee of 1 day for every 2 days of marriage, because of the one simple fact that they signed a piece of paper. In nearly all cases, child support is based on the mans income level and not what it actually costs to raise a child. And in all cases, the women receiving her montly checks is not required to provide receipts for what the money was actually spent on.

The fact that you pay your own bills does not negate the fact that a women benefits from a marriage and a man does not. Also, the fact that you make more money today than your bf does guarantees nothing. Just like a marriage guarantees nothing. This is why prenuptial agreements should be mandatory. Want an example, go look at the Jarred guy from Subway and what he just had to hand over to his ex-wife, simply because he signed a piece of paper handed to him by the county clerk.

trink39.gif

Name one.  Just one single benefit that is obtained from being married that a man cannot have being unmarried.  Just one.

laugh.gif

Luvged, you forgot some....

On the order of 1,400 legal rights are conferred upon married couples in the U.S. Typically these are composed of about 400 state benefits and over 1,000 federal benefits. Among them are the rights to: joint parenting;

joint adoption;

joint foster care, custody, and visitation (including non-biological parents);

status as next-of-kin for hospital visits and medical decisions where one partner is too ill to be competent;

joint insurance policies for home, auto and health;

dissolution and divorce protections such as community property and child support;

immigration and residency for partners from other countries;

inheritance automatically in the absence of a will;

joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment;

inheritance of jointly-owned real and personal property through the right of survivorship (which avoids the time and expense and taxes in probate);

benefits such as annuities, pension plans, Social Security, and Medicare;

spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home;

veterans' discounts on medical care, education, and home loans; joint filing of tax returns;

joint filing of customs claims when traveling;

wrongful death benefits for a surviving partner and children;

bereavement or sick leave to care for a partner or child;

decision-making power with respect to whether a deceased partner will be cremated or not and where to bury him or her;

crime victims' recovery benefits;

loss of consortium tort benefits;

domestic violence protection orders;

judicial protections and evidentiary immunity;

and more....

Most of these legal and economic benefits cannot be privately arranged or contracted for. For example, absent a legal (or civil) marriage, there is no guaranteed joint responsibility to the partner and to third parties (including children) in such areas as child support, debts to creditors, taxes, etc. In addition, private employers and institutions often give other economic privileges and other benefits (special rates or memberships) only to married couples.

Oh wait.....we were only supposed to name one.

well, I think I posted enough to enlighten the incorrect. I found this on the "internet", so take it with as much salt as you want.

laugh.gif

Everything you listed can be obtained by never being married. Like I said, name one single thing. Just one.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:31 PM)

laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Im old fashioned and believe its nice to be married before having a family and raising kids. Yes, can it be done without getting married? Of course. But the committment that comes with getting married is important for some people.

There is a commitment that comes with marriage which is not had by unmarried people? The fact that divorce is easy and commonplace, as well as unmarried people living together longer than the average marriage proves you wrong.

Again, name one benefit a man can have being married that he cannot have unmarried. Just one please.

Luvged, you forgot some....

On the order of 1,400 legal rights are conferred upon married couples in the U.S. Typically these are composed of about 400 state benefits and over 1,000 federal benefits. Among them are the rights to:  joint parenting; 
joint adoption; 
joint foster care, custody, and visitation (including non-biological parents); 
status as next-of-kin for hospital visits and medical decisions where one partner is too ill to be competent; 
joint insurance policies for home, auto and health; 
dissolution and divorce protections such as community property and child support; 
immigration and residency for partners from other countries; 
inheritance automatically in the absence of a will; 
joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment; 
inheritance of jointly-owned real and personal property through the right of survivorship (which avoids the time and expense and taxes in probate); 
benefits such as annuities, pension plans, Social Security, and Medicare; 
spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home; 
veterans' discounts on medical care, education, and home loans; joint filing of tax returns; 
joint filing of customs claims when traveling; 
wrongful death benefits for a surviving partner and children; 
bereavement or sick leave to care for a partner or child; 
decision-making power with respect to whether a deceased partner will be cremated or not and where to bury him or her; 
crime victims' recovery benefits; 
loss of consortium tort benefits; 
domestic violence protection orders; 
judicial protections and evidentiary immunity; 
and more.... 

Most of these legal and economic benefits cannot be privately arranged or contracted for. For example, absent a legal (or civil) marriage, there is no guaranteed joint responsibility to the partner and to third parties (including children) in such areas as child support, debts to creditors, taxes, etc. In addition, private employers and institutions often give other economic privileges and other benefits (special rates or memberships) only to married couples.

Oh wait.....we were only supposed to name one.

well, I think I posted enough to enlighten the incorrect. I found this on the "internet", so take it with as much salt as you want.

Your entire list is fataly flawed. First off, exceptions to the rule do not apply to general statements, because the majority outcome dwarfs the exception. i.e. Someone will win the lottery today, that doesn't mean there is a benefit to buying lottery tickets. i.e. a losing proposition is not a benefit.

As for your list:

Besides the obvious flaws such as wrongful death, inheritance, berevement, military benefits (only 1% ever serve in thier lifetime), etc. The increased cost a man incurrs simply because he is married, dwarfs any possible tax, medical, etc. benefits. In most cases, a married man is slowly pushed into a bigger house, more car payments, more debt, etc.

Also, anyone who thinks there is a financial benefit to marrying an immigrant is ill-informed. An american who marries an immigrant is responsible to pay that persons wellfare benefits in the event they need to draw. Marrying an alien is not a benefit to the American, it's a huge benefit to the alien though. As it should be (I'm pro-immigration by the way).

Again, please show me a single benefit for a man to get married. Just one.

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 13 2008, 01:52 PM)
Again, please show me a single benefit for a man to get married. Just one.

Put a gold band around your finger. It's an instant chick magnet.

There's your reason.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 13 2008, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 13 2008, 01:52 PM)
Again, please show me a single benefit for a man to get married.  Just one.

Put a gold band around your finger. It's an instant chick magnet.

There's your reason.

applaudit.gif laugh.gif

Archived