TRF IS BEING INVADED!!!!

The Owl

by trolls........

Is it just me or have we had alot of newcomers arrive latley, post several negative comments, and then never return.

RedGreen, nielpeartsattitudesucks...etc Alot of them!!

The strange thing is that this is seeming to act like clockwork, it's at least one a week then they're gone. I am starting to really think that these people are one in the same.

I noticed it too. IMO, if a newby kicks off early on, then they should get a warning.

Why not have a probationary period for newbies, just like an employer would do?

[bTW, anyone coming on and starting false threads about people (whoever they are) being involved in bad accidents is just sick. I won't go into tempting fate and all that, but just my twopennyworth...]

German engineers have designed a new Bluetooth device that can securely authenticate and communicate with websites. The device essentially sends out a beacon ensuring that it is connected correctly to the person using the PC... and if a website deems it appropriate a signal can be sent back to the device instructing it to deliver a mechanical kick in the crotch to its user.

Maybe newbies can be required to wear these in order to connect to TRF?

I know I woulda dished out a few cyber nut busters the past couple weeks.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 7 2008, 11:54 AM)
German engineers have designed a new Bluetooth device that can securely authenticate and communicate with websites. The device essentially sends out a beacon ensuring that it is connected correctly to the person using the PC... and if a website deems it appropriate a signal can be sent back to the device instructing it to deliver a mechanical kick in the crotch to its user.

Maybe newbies can be required to wear these in order to connect to TRF?

I know I woulda dished out a few cyber nut busters the past couple weeks.

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 7 2008, 02:24 AM)
by trolls........

Is it just me or have we had alot of newcomers arrive latley, post several negative comments, and then never return.

RedGreen, nielpeartsattitudesucks...etc Alot of them!!

The strange thing is that this is seeming to act like clockwork, it's at least one a week then they're gone. I am starting to really think that these people are one in the same.

Who the F cares????

I think they are funny and entertaining and its easy to see why they do it.

Think about it. You are a construction worker or a short order cook or an insurance salesman, etc, etc. You work all day doing the same thing over and over and nobody listens to you and nobody cares what you think. Then you find a web site that has some of the most fanatical members on this earth and with a few keystrokes you can become the center of an enormous amount of attention. Thats a very powerful feeling. I always sit back and laugh at how all the smartest fans of the smartest band continue to feed the needs of the very people they despise.

Its really comical. rofl3.gif

I say keep the trolls. The site would be boring without them.

"They bought there tickets, they knew what they were getting themselves into. I say, let um crash !" - Airplane

rofl3.gif

If one can't put up with the occasional troll then how can one deal with the TRUE dickheads in the real world? It's life. Not everyone can be cool. And surely not even the administrators and mods can be in every thread at all times watching everyone. I think it's a member's responsibility to show some good judgement and let some things slide... because 99% of the time these arguments just aren't worth it. So let these trolls rip into Peart! Let them say that Moving Pictures is a commercial piece of crap! Let them say that Snakes & Arrows is an embarassment! In the end, all of this static doesn't really matter. trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 7 2008, 01:03 PM)
If one can't put up with the occasional troll then how can one deal with the TRUE dickheads in the real world? It's life. Not everyone can be cool. And surely not even the administrators and mods can be in every thread at all times watching everyone. I think it's a member's responsibility to show some good judgement and let some things slide... because 99% of the time these arguments just aren't worth it. So let these trolls rip into Peart! Let them say that Moving Pictures is a commercial piece of crap! Let them say that Snakes & Arrows is an embarassment! In the end, all of this static doesn't really matter. trink38.gif

yup

goodpost.gif

Trolls certainly liven up the place. I'm sure a few are regulars wanting to spice things up but most are probably people with downtime looking to get others riled. What I don't understand is when people respond to trolls. "Ooh, you make me so mad! I'm going to type my response and I wish you were here to see me type as angrily as any person can type. You hear that? That's angry typing man!"

*sits back and lights a cigarette smiling pleasantly* atickhum.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 7 2008, 06:46 AM)
I think they are funny and entertaining and its easy to see why they do it.

Think about it. You are a construction worker or a short order cook or an insurance salesman, etc, etc. You work all day doing the same thing over and over and nobody listens to you and nobody cares what you think. Then you find a web site that has some of the most fanatical members on this earth and with a few keystrokes you can become the center of an enormous amount of attention. Thats a very powerful feeling. I always sit back and laugh at how all the smartest fans of the smartest band continue to feed the needs of the very people they despise.

Its really comical. rofl3.gif

I say keep the trolls. The site would be boring without them.

All so very true.

Archived