Patrick Swayze

Lerxster

I find it hard sympathising with this knowing that Patrick Swayze is STILL smoking after his chemotherapy.

For someone who wants to fight his disease, and is up for experimental treatment, why is he doing the thing that could have caused it? Would this treatment not be more beneficial to those who really do want to beat it?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 21 2008, 02:35 PM)
I find it hard sympathising with this knowing that Patrick Swayze is STILL smoking after his chemotherapy.

For someone who wants to fight his disease, and is up for experimental treatment, why is he doing the thing that could have caused it? Would this treatment not be more beneficial to those who really do want to beat it?

I get that. It could be that he has already been told there is no hope and he said; "what the hell, I might as well smoke." It's a little easier to take than having him go on an anti smoking hypocrisy crusade after years of smoking.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2008, 06:45 PM)

I get that. It could be that he has already been told there is no hope and he said; "what the hell, I might as well smoke." It's a little easier to take than having him go on an anti smoking hypocrisy crusade after years of smoking.

Same thing happened to my grandpa. He died when he was 69..Smoked since he was 9 years old. When told he was doomed (esogaphus cancer)he just kept on smoking as it didn't really matter anyways. Hard to break a bad habit like that after 60 years and really what's the point of quitting? Just added stress not needed at that time.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2008, 10:45 PM)

Yeah, could be this 'will still fight the cancer' is something for the press.

Still, if he is going to fight, he really is sending out mixed messages.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Mar 22 2008, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 21 2008, 10:45 PM)

Yeah, could be this 'will still fight the cancer' is something for the press.

Still, if he is going to fight, he really is sending out mixed messages.

I've never smoked so I will never understand what being a slave to the smokes is all about. I'm surprised that he smoked at all since he was so involved in athletic endeavors. One of my favorite guitarists Nick Webb from Acoustic Alchemy died from pancreatic cancer back in 96 (I think) and everything I read back then said the survival rate for that one is extremely low. He finished recording one last album before he passed.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 20 2008, 06:56 PM)

For a while this was rather stimulating but since you seem to be out of intelligent retort I thought it was time for me to find entertainment somewhere else. If you would like to scour through your dictionary and thesaurus then by all means post what you find and I will review it later.

The damndest thing is that you and the other moron already said something along the lines of "ok im outta here", only to grace me with another stupid post of yours short moments thereafter.

For once, be true to your words, and GTFO this thread.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 23 2008, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 20 2008, 08:00 PM)
In fact , why am I bothering to type all this when all I really want to say is that you are a cock? in fact, there you have it...

I am the cock that greets the morning.

And you've certainly been doing plenty of crowing. yes.gif

Actually, I thought you were the cock that greeted the morning, noon and evening as well, but what do I know? wink.gif )

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 23 2008, 09:30 AM)

For a while this was rather stimulating but since you seem to be out of intelligent retort I thought it was time for me to find entertainment somewhere else.  If you would like to scour through your dictionary and thesaurus then by all means post what you find and I will review it later.

The damndest thing is that you and the other moron already said something along the lines of "ok im outta here", only to grace me with another stupid post of yours short moments thereafter.

Lets take a vote.... On the floor I propose a motion for you to GTFO of this thread, perform a cranial rectal extraction, and get lost. Youre about as pleasant as a hemorrhoid.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 20 2008, 06:14 AM)
Oh and its you could NOT care less...

That is very nerdy, you know. Jumping on the gun at least linguistic misstep, raising the banner of victory. The irony of it, is that you did not even get it right. Hint : It's, not its.

One is a punctuation mistake and the other one is the grammar of a sawdust head. I win.

Edited by lerxt1990

What does all this have to do with Patrick Swayze? confused13.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Mar 23 2008, 10:22 AM)
What does all this have to do with Patrick Swayze? confused13.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

What it has to do with Patrick Swayze is that the thread was started to express sympathy for his being sick, and a douchebag challenging the fact that we should feel sorry for him. Just sayin'.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Mar 23 2008, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 23 2008, 10:56 AM)
For me, Swayze's shining moment.

God bless Chris, and best of luck to Patrick.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/307603

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I absolutely love that clip.

I hope that Patrick does well with his treatment. heart.gif

That clip is too funny. Chris was the best! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 23 2008, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Mar 23 2008, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 23 2008, 10:56 AM)
For me, Swayze's shining moment.

God bless Chris, and best of luck to Patrick.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/307603

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I absolutely love that clip.

I hope that Patrick does well with his treatment. heart.gif

That clip is too funny. Chris was the best! laugh.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif Awesome clip & I Pray he does well with this condition !

For a while this was rather stimulating but since you seem to be out of intelligent retort I thought it was time for me to find entertainment somewhere else.  If you would like to scour through your dictionary and thesaurus then by all means post what you find and I will review it later.

After three days this is the best you could come up with?

That is so sad.......

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 23 2008, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 23 2008, 08:45 PM)
not a fan of his stuff, but hope he pulls through............

lol, your avatar...

Thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 23 2008, 07:43 PM)

After three days this is the best you could come up with?

That is so sad.......

z7shysterical.gif

Oh dear...

I thought "it was time for you to find entertainment somewhere else", what prompted you to come back to the house that D'Artagnan built ?