Geddy Siting

Mindcore

Hi All;

Haven't visited the site in a while but I wanted to relate a siting of Geddy I had yesterday.

I just recently started a new job in downtown Toronto in the Yonge and Davenport area known as Rosedale. On my way to the Rosedale subway station yesterday evening I was waiting at a traffic light and looked over at a black Audi sitting at the lights. I swear it was Geddy! It was hard to see because of the tinted windows but I saw that distinctive goatee and the round glasses. I kept repeatedly looking at the driver and saw him smile. I raised my hand in a half wave and he nodded.

I know he lives in the area so I'm pretty sure it was him. Closest I've ever gotten to him! laugh.gif

Nice... shame that you can't say for certain if it was him. I've seen guys who look kinda like him before and just laughed it off because it obviously wasn't... shame you couldn't get a better view and you'll now have to live forever wondering if it was him or not. laugh.gif

Thats it. I'm done w/ Geddy. Yeah he can play the bass pretty good, but he doesn't drive a JEEP. WTF is wrong w/ him?

well, i have to say he has good taste in Cars. Geddy would be pretty hard to mistake in a crowd. I would say the chances are pretty damn good it was him!!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Mar 4 2008, 02:10 PM)
Thats it. I'm done w/ Geddy. Yeah he can play the bass pretty good, but he doesn't drive a JEEP. WTF is wrong w/ him?

It's a Rockstar thing, you wouldn't understand.

How was his driving? i.e. did he lay down a strip of rubber or take out any garbage cans etc.?

QUOTE (Mindcore @ Mar 4 2008, 08:15 AM)
Hi All;

Haven't visited the site in a while but I wanted to relate a siting of Geddy I had yesterday.

I just recently started a new job in downtown Toronto in the Yonge and Davenport area known as Rosedale. On my way to the Rosedale subway station yesterday evening I was waiting at a traffic light and looked over at a black Audi sitting at the lights. I swear it was Geddy! It was hard to see because of the tinted windows but I saw that distinctive goatee and the round glasses. I kept repeatedly looking at the driver and saw him smile. I raised my hand in a half wave and he nodded.

I know he lives in the area so I'm pretty sure it was him. Closest I've ever gotten to him! laugh.gif

You should of got out walked in front of his car and made sure it was him ..you know for us , and if by chance he runs you over how cool would that have been ? smile.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Mar 4 2008, 03:45 PM)
From the title of this thread, I thought someone was going to tell us that Geddy has to sit through this 2nd leg of the tour due to some medical problem!

laugh.gif

Yes, there are a couple consonants missing.

QUOTE (NISH2112 @ Mar 4 2008, 09:21 PM)
well, i have to say he has good taste in Cars. Geddy would be pretty hard to mistake in a crowd. I would say the chances are pretty damn good it was him!!

It probably was him. smile.gif

And he probably has tinted windows so it's a little harder for people to spot him. tongue.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 4 2008, 04:39 PM)
How was his driving? i.e. did he lay down a strip of rubber or take out any garbage cans etc.?

rofl3.gif

Probably the former, if he was in 'Red Barchetta' mode, and the latter if he was in 'A Passage To Bangkok' mode. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Mar 4 2008, 12:20 PM)
Just curious, what kind of Audi does Geddy (or his doppelganger) drive?

I'm really not sure. I went to Audi's website and it looked like the A8.

For the other questions, no, he did not lay down any rubber. He was stopped perfectly behind the white stop stripe. If he did hit me, I would have him sign my cast, scars, etc. rofl3.gif

Hopefully when the weather gets nice, and they are not on tour, I will probably see him again and maybe, just maybe, I might finally have the chance to say "thanks" for the many years of enjoyment Rush's music has brought me.

I'm not one of those star struck fans that would "freak" about meeting him. I'm a musician myself and would really just welcome the opportunity to talk "shop" with him.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 4 2008, 03:45 PM)
I saw him at a Jays game this year, sitting behind home plate. ohmy.gif

I saw him, too, on a game on TV. They even zoomed in on him and talked about Moving Pictures laugh.gif

Archived