honest advice for VALENTINE'S DAY

daveyt

if your GF tells you that she doesn't want N E THING for V-DAY tomorrow, don't be fooled...this is a test! yes.gif she may say "honey, V-DAY is dumb, so don't worry about it, OK sweetie?"

DO NOT BE FOOLED no.gif THIS IS A LOVE TEST and you will pay the price if you don't do something for her yes.gif

so get her a card, some flowers, and make a reservation right now at your local restaurant. i hope this helps. thank you tom leykus. i hope you men get some tomorrow. i'll start a poll to see who did soon.

Very good advice

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2008, 05:29 PM)
if your GF tells you that she doesn't want N E THING for V-DAY tomorrow, don't be fooled...this is a test! yes.gif she may say "honey, V-DAY is dumb, so don't worry about it, OK sweetie?"

DO NOT BE FOOLED no.gif THIS IS A LOVE TEST and you will pay the price if you don't do something for her yes.gif

so get her a card, some flowers, and make a reservation right now at your local restaurant. i hope this helps. thank you tom leykus. i hope you men get some tomorrow. i'll start a poll to see who did soon.

I'd have to agree, you might end up talking two octaves higher

by days end if you don't!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2008, 08:29 PM)

You are a strange one, Davey laugh.gif

QUOTE (BestIKenster @ Feb 13 2008, 08:42 PM)

I'd have to agree, you might end up talking two octaves higher

by days end if you don't!

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2008, 07:29 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Even women who don't usually play games play this one. It's subconcious; we can't help it.

I don't have that problem this year, but beware, guys... HEED DAVEY'S ADVICE!

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 14 2008, 08:53 AM)
So why should the thread be singles only??

confused13.gif

Agreed wives are just as bad.

Mine said don't buy me flowers but was pretty pleased to get them this morning.

If she hadn't then old grumpy pants would have been on. tongue.gif

Fair enough.

But I have to say that even though I've been married for 18+ years, I still am not sure about this holiday. She says "Let's not do much for V-Day... a card and nice dinner at home is enough."

So then I find out last night that she had gone shopping and picked up "just a little something" in addition to what we had agreed upon.

dazed025.gif

So guess who's got to do some fast shopping after work tonight...?

sarcasm.gif

Dude I so disagree with your premise although I'm sure it is great advice for SOME guys depending how they manage their relationships.

V-Day is nothing but slavery to the Hallmark regime. While I respect all kinds of holidays from religious purposes to civic holidays to commemorating our war veterans or Martin Luther King Jr. I won't fall for this one.

Godeater gushes love 365 days a year - he doesn't need to murder a dozen roses once a year on a certain day to make some sort of point.

*flexes*

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 02:52 PM)
Godeater gushes love 365 days a year - he doesn't need to murder a dozen roses once a year on a certain day to make some sort of point.

try telling that to you GF! please see original fan's remarks yes.gif

well, any guy who falls for this, and doesn't get her anything is a BONEHEAD!!!

Well, any guy who falls for this, and doesn't get her anything is a BONEHEAD!!! And deserves to sleep on the couch yes.gif schla03.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 14 2008, 09:06 PM)

goodpost.gif

You don't have to buy something, doing something(make dinner, do extra chores, send her kids to her mother's) is just as good.

Chicks are impressed by that. So are guys who hate presents.( I get the "let's not do anything for _______" every once in a while, but he loves what I get for him.)

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 14 2008, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 14 2008, 09:06 PM)

goodpost.gif

You don't have to buy something, doing something(make dinner, do extra chores, send her kids to her mother's) is just as good.

Chicks are impressed by that. So are guys who hate presents.( I get the "let's not do anything for _______" every once in a while, but he loves what I get for him.)

Yes, when it comes down to it. These personal gestures are alway's the most meaningful biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Feb 13 2008, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2008, 07:29 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Even women who don't usually play games play this one. It's subconcious; we can't help it.

I don't have that problem this year, but beware, guys... HEED DAVEY'S ADVICE!

REALLY need to disagree with both of you on this one.

Some women that say they want "nothing" mean what they say. So getting them nothing is showing great respect for them and their true feelings - what better gift could you ask for RESPECT!

The comments in this thread truly show that there isn't any one formula to women. NOT BUYING SOMETHING FOR HER when she says 'you don't need to' shows respect for her & BUYING HER SOMETHING when she says 'you don't need to' shows you're not a bonehead. I tend to think that anyone following any ONE method (whichever that is) for ALL folks is the bonehead. One must adjust one's strategy according to the person involved. It's not mathematics where 1+1 is ALWAYS 2 trink38.gif

Interesting advice, davey. Are you saying that women always use reverse psychology on men? Or are you trying to use reverse psychology on us?

btw, I don't think Leykis would advise doing something nice for women. The only advice I could see him giving is "dump that *****." In fact, he would have advised that be done four months ago, before all the holidays. And if you still haven't, he would tell you to do so ASAP. Before you end up as frog soup.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 14 2008, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 14 2008, 12:53 AM)
So why should the thread be singles only??

confused13.gif

because married folks should know the rules already and they tend to be a little older, more experienced.

smile.gif

I got my wife 12 roses and a box of choc's delivered to her workplace without her knowing in advance.

trink38.gif

Now I'm on a promise... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 13 2008, 08:29 PM)

Ok Davey, a couple questions...

Are you married ? - no.gif

Have you ever been with the same person for 15 years ? - no.gif (am i wrong ?)

Be in a marriage for a dozen years or so and see what a big deal Valentines day is. We had Chinese takeout and took care of my daughter who had a 103 fever. If you and others consider this day a big deal, enjoy it, i not opposed to it but trust me when i tell you, my wife and i really felt no real need to go crazy about it and they is no underlying feelings today about the lack of Chocolate and flowers. If you think my wife secretly feels slighted, your wrong.

Archived