CLOSED TOPIC'S

metaldad

i just saw about 3 or 4 closed topic's in about 5 min. what the hell? can't people just state what they feel without calling someone dumb f-n names . fine if ya want to dislike a person's fav band's but the sh*t talking about each other is f-n lame trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 11 2008, 02:23 PM)
i just saw about 3 or 4 closed topic's in about 5 min. what the hell? can't people just state what they feel without calling someone dumb f-n names . fine if ya want to dislike a person's fav band's but the sh*t talking about each other is f-n lame trink39.gif

Where are they???

I love a bit of argy bargy!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 11 2008, 02:27 PM)
i just saw about 3 or 4 closed topic's in about 5 min. what the hell? can't people just state what they feel without calling someone dumb f-n names . fine if ya want to dislike a person's fav band's but the sh*t talking about each other is f-n lame  trink39.gif

Where are they???

biggrin.gif

i saw a few about the greatest american rock band poll and another one. check this section

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 11 2008, 02:31 PM)
i just saw about 3 or 4 closed topic's in about 5 min. what the hell? can't people just state what they feel without calling someone dumb f-n names . fine if ya want to dislike a person's fav band's but the sh*t talking about each other is f-n lame  trink39.gif

Where are they???

biggrin.gif

i saw a few about the greatest american rock band poll and another one. check this section

Hmmmmmmm...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 11 2008, 02:33 PM)

Where are they???

biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmm...

...maybe they've been permanently removed? confused13.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 11 2008, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 11 2008, 02:33 PM)

Where are they???

biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmm...

...maybe they've been permanently removed? confused13.gif

Oh yeah I see them now, well those were just closed down as multiple clone threads or were storms in teacups...

http://www.redzone.ie/image/Storm-in-a-teacup.jpg

maybe im just to old but i don't get it trink39.gif

When someone gets all over the top rude, offensive to others, hatefull, dissrespectfull beyond whats acceptable behavior, perhaps instead of closing the thread, the guilty party should have posting prillidges suspended indefinetly. Thats obviously just my opinion but sometimes the same person or persons are the reason why threads are getting closed, so rather then every sensible intelligent person not being able to have a good healthy disscussion, the guilty party should be removed. Those are my thoughts, but some of the stuff that has been allowed to be said is very uncool. Nobody is perfect, we all fly off the handle sometimes but there are lines in general in our everyday life that should not be crossed and there is a certain level of respect that cannot be lost just because some think they can say anything they want with no repercussions. Thats not the way life works and a standard should be upheld.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 11 2008, 12:43 PM)

When someone gets all over the top rude, offensive to others, hatefull, dissrespectfull beyond whats acceptable behavior, perhaps instead of closing the thread, the guilty party should have posting prillidges suspended indefinetly. Thats obviously just my opinion but sometimes the same person or persons are the reason why threads are getting closed, so rather then every sensible intelligent person not being able to have a good healthy disscussion, the guilty party should be removed. Those are my thoughts, but some of the stuff that has been allowed to be said is very uncool. Nobody is perfect, we all fly off the handle sometimes but there are lines in general in our everyday life that should not be crossed and there is a certain level of respect that cannot be lost just because some think they can say anything they want with no repercussions. Thats not the way life works and a standard should be upheld.

You're right and we are trying to deal with the "repeat offenders" in a better manner. Going off every once and a while isn't a big deal but the people that continue to do this, in multiple threads, are being dealt with accordingly.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 11 2008, 02:43 PM)

Don't you agree that closing the threads shows that we don't allow that kind of behavior? If the people who got those threads closed continue to start trouble in other threads then we start considering suspensions.

EDIT: I see launch was posting at the same time as me, but naturally, we were on the same page. cool.gif

Well, well, well, if it isn't the Tickmaster Kid, all grizzly and unwashed from the trail, back from some bushwhacking raid no doubt?? Look, we don't take to you gunslinger types here. This is a modern civilised town, your type is washed up boy. You're a relic of the old west an old man of the bullet, you better just take your guns and ride out to the desert and just turn to stone. Now git, y'hear?

Errrr but we don't want no trouble here Mr Tickmaster, so while you're here no shooting up the saloon and leave those whores alone too, they're impressionable...

unsure.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 11 2008, 02:51 PM)
I don't know about everyone else, but once a thread is closed and I haven't read anything in it before, I go back and read it with great interest ph34r.gif tongue.gif unsure.gif

me too.......i grab my popcorn and comb through it...........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 11 2008, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 11 2008, 02:51 PM)
I don't know about everyone else, but once a thread is closed and I haven't read anything in it before, I go back and read it with great interest  ph34r.gif  tongue.gif  unsure.gif

me too.......i grab my popcorn and comb through it...........

angry.gif

Not me, I frown down on the fools who DARE clutter of this forum with their crazed arguments, then I weep, weep weep for their poor souls...

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

unsure.gif

Ok I'm lying, me too...

laugh.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 11 2008, 02:49 PM)

Don't you agree that closing the threads shows that we don't allow that kind of behavior? If the people who got those threads closed continue to start trouble in other threads then we start considering suspensions.

EDIT: I see launch was posting at the same time as me, but naturally, we were on the same page. cool.gif

I do agree its a start 1001 but as i said, certain lines have been crossed like calling someone a k*ke or a whore on the board demands an immediate suspension in my opinion. The length of time is debatable but stuff like that should not go unpunished. I believe in an instance like that, a statement should be made. Hell 1001, if im being honest, there has been stuff i have said over the coarse of time that i probably could have been suspended for a period of time. The bottom line is, you do run a great board here and its easy for me to critisize when im not the one dealing, but a couple things i've read in the past couple weeks trually deserved for the guitly party to be given at least a temparary break.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 11 2008, 03:00 PM)
I couldn't believe how the Kiss thread ended. Why was he unbanned again?

Is he banned again?

I never noticed him before, since he came back though I remembered him from the banning incident, he does seem to have a kind of an attitude now I come to think of it...

bekloppt.gif (hello FF if you're reading this)

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 11 2008, 08:29 PM)
Sounds like Mandalorian Hunter's in trouble!

Just kidding. laugh.gif

Bitchface laugh.gif None of those were anything to do with me!

To chime in, I think closing threads should be enough, but I do agree with some of the things Tick has said. Some repeat offenders should have maybe learnt their lessons from previous experiences, but there is one who shouldn't be allowed to post as his remarks were worse than I've seen here, but that was in a different sub-forum. Aside from the Jew comments though, no-one should have been banned from MOTS.

Anyway, it should be time for this thread to close. It has no place on a music forum.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2008, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 11 2008, 01:00 PM)
I couldn't believe how the Kiss thread ended.

Me too. I never thought I'd see outright Anti-Semitism from anyone here, but congratulations FloydFanatic, you've done it. You've lost all respect from this Jew.

Wow, I just that thread. Makes me want to puke. No excuse ever for that. And to think I somewhat defended him the past....... bummer. How sad.

Lots of friction recently.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 11 2008, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 11 2008, 02:49 PM)

I do agree its a start 1001 but as i said, certain lines have been crossed like calling someone a k*ke or a whore on the board demands an immediate suspension in my opinion. The length of time is debatable but stuff like that should not go unpunished. I believe in an instance like that, a statement should be made. Hell 1001, if im being honest, there has been stuff i have said over the coarse of time that i probably could have been suspended for a period of time. The bottom line is, you do run a great board here and its easy for me to critisize when im not the one dealing, but a couple things i've read in the past couple weeks trually deserved for the guitly party to be given at least a temparary break.

Me and FF111 had a little chat about his posts that closed the Kiss thread. I doubt we'll be seeing posts like that from him again.

Archived