The live Drum Solo....

The Owl

Another intresting note, on the live album

The Drum solo is called.....Drum Solo. (As well as it not being it's own track, but part of MalNar)

Rhythm Method......O Baterista....Der Trommler....DRUM SOLO

Wow, that's un-origional. No intresting name this time around.

Oh, well I guess they will call it something cool on the DVD

At the risk of appearing to be a pedantic nit picking know-it-all, Der Trommler and O Baterista actually mean "The Drummer".

Yours sincerely,

A pedantic, nit picking know-it-all tongue.gif

PS - According to Babelfish, the Dutch for "The Drummer is simply Drummer!!

Really? You're complaining about the title of the drum solo? Did the drum solo have a title on All the World's a Stage? Did it have a title on Exit... Stage Left?

Does it make the slightest bit of difference in the world? Is the title going to affect whether or not you enjoy listening to it?

Don't we have anything better to do than complain about the title of the drum solo?

Really?

I dunno, while so many classic bands sell out (I'm pointing at you Led Zep and The Who with your F'in car commercials and TV show themes), release marginal records that really just tread on past glories (not enough fingers to go around), tour on greatest hits packages while gouging the fans with ticket prices (The Police, Genesis, The Eagles, Van Halen) I'm just happy that Rush is releasing interesting studio recordings and providing me with lots of video and extending an already great tour at very respectable ticket prices.

I'll take any play list they chose, gladly pay the very reasonable ticket prices and buy new audio via iTunes and DVDs without hesitation.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 8 2008, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (asp324 @ Feb 8 2008, 04:55 PM)
is there anything people arent complaining about for this new album?  confused13.gif

Yeah really

He did revamp it for this tour, didn't he?

In his 50's, and still better than any friggin drummer out there. Amazing.

QUOTE (MacBob @ Feb 8 2008, 11:02 PM)
I dunno, while so many classic bands sell out (I'm pointing at you Led Zep and The Who with your F'in car commercials and TV show themes), release marginal records that really just tread on past glories (not enough fingers to go around), tour on greatest hits packages while gouging the fans with ticket prices (The Police, Genesis, The Eagles, Van Halen) I'm just happy that Rush is releasing interesting studio recordings and providing me with lots of video and extending an already great tour at very respectable ticket prices.

I'll take any play list they chose, gladly pay the very reasonable ticket prices and buy new audio via iTunes and DVDs without hesitation.

Now hold on...

I saw The Police and I saw Rush. Both shows cost the same......?

Were the higher priced tickets more of a difference?

Just curious.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 8 2008, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 8 2008, 09:47 PM)
is there anything people arent complaining about for this new album?  confused13.gif

Yeah really

He did revamp it for this tour, didn't he?

In his 50's, and still better than any friggin drummer out there. Amazing.

yeah, he did. and even though it was my first show, i thought it was better than anything from T4E onwards. With that structure of solo, anyway.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Feb 8 2008, 04:27 PM)
Really? You're complaining about the title of the drum solo? Did the drum solo have a title on All the World's a Stage? Did it have a title on Exit... Stage Left?

Does it make the slightest bit of difference in the world? Is the title going to affect whether or not you enjoy listening to it?

Don't we have anything better to do than complain about the title of the drum solo?

Really?

I'm not really complainging, merely pointing out that it's called just Drum Solo.

I am still going to buy the album no matter what. But I would have thought that they come up with something more imaganitive.

Well keep in mind that they called the album Snakes & Arrows Live and took an image from the album art for their new album, slapped the word "LIVE" on the front cover, and called it cover art. Calling the drum solo "drum solo" isn't surprising.

But I'm just glad it's the whole show. That's all that matters to me.

Genesis actually toured behind a product. They released the 1976-1982 Box Set, which is totally worth the purchase. Plus, they released every show on the Encore Series.

And looking back, I had better Genesis seats than I did Rush seats, and Genesis ended up costing me LESS. Van Halen seats were worse than Rush, yet prices WERE lower than Rush's. We also got a live album from Genesis and are soon getting a 3-disc DVD as well.

As for the Eagles, lest we forget "The Long Road Out of Eden"?

Not bashing Rush or anything, just pointing out that those returning acts weren't ripping us off at all, as Rush who is a regular touring act actually cost me more than VH and Genesis did. The Police cost me more than all three... angry.gif

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 8 2008, 11:29 PM)
I dunno, while so many classic bands sell out (I'm pointing at you Led Zep and The Who with your F'in car commercials and TV show themes), release marginal records that really just tread on past glories (not enough fingers to go around), tour on greatest hits  packages while gouging the fans with ticket prices (The Police, Genesis, The Eagles, Van Halen) I'm just happy that Rush is releasing interesting studio recordings and providing me with lots of video and extending an already great tour at very respectable ticket prices.

Now hold on...

I saw The Police and I saw Rush. Both shows cost the same......?

Were the higher priced tickets more of a difference?

Just curious.

I couldn't find decent Police tickets for less than $125, by comparison I paid $72 for similar RUSH seats. I'm sure prices varied by venue and city, but there was no such thing as a quality seat for the Police at less than $125 around here.

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Feb 9 2008, 02:22 AM)
I dunno, while so many classic bands sell out (I'm pointing at you Led Zep and The Who with your F'in car commercials and TV show themes), release marginal records that really just tread on past glories (not enough fingers to go around), tour on greatest hits  packages while gouging the fans with ticket prices (The Police, Genesis, The Eagles, Van Halen) I'm just happy that Rush is releasing interesting studio recordings and providing me with lots of video and extending an already great tour at very respectable ticket prices.

Genesis actually toured behind a product. They released the 1976-1982 Box Set, which is totally worth the purchase. Plus, they released every show on the Encore Series.

And looking back, I had better Genesis seats than I did Rush seats, and Genesis ended up costing me LESS. Van Halen seats were worse than Rush, yet prices WERE lower than Rush's. We also got a live album from Genesis and are soon getting a 3-disc DVD as well.

Not bashing Rush or anything, just pointing out that those returning acts weren't ripping us off at all, as Rush who is a regular touring act actually cost me more than VH and Genesis did. The Police cost me more than all three... angry.gif

Not to nitpick, but Genesis was touring on Greatest Hits with that boxed set, and comparable seats in my ares were almost $60 more than Rush last summer. Same with Van Halen, anything respectable on the floor were at least $25-50 more than my Rush tickets.

And I definitely misplaced my Eagles reference in the first post, "The Long Road Out of Eden" would squarely fall in releasing a new record that really just treads on past glories.

I didn't really say anyone was ripping us off, but there was some price gouging going on with all these greatest hits/reunion tours, as there usually is.

You forgot David Gilmour who played half Pink Floyd and his On an Island album on his 2006 series of shows.

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Feb 9 2008, 02:22 AM)

AMEN! They released the Genesis 1976-82 box set and the Turn it On Again The Hits 2-CD Edition (which replaces The Platinum collection in the US). Also, Genesis played some older deep tracks and not just the hits. Roger Waters did a nostalgia tour of Dark Side. The Eagles have a new album. The Rolling Stones toured for A Bigger Bang and The Who for Endless Wire. David Gilmour for On an Island.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 8 2008, 11:31 PM)
The fact that it's probably the best drum solo Neil Peart has ever done should be enough!

best post ever.

nuff said.

it could be called briteney spears and i would still love it.

is there anything people arent complaining about for this new album? confused13.gif

im thinking......no

Archived