Holy Garage

Alsgalpal

Ok folks. I am supposed to be leaving day after tomorrow to go to T.O. Its freezing rain here!!! What the Farg now??? Will the airplanes still take off? ohmy.gif If they dont, I am going to get me own plane and fly myself, or start fargin walking... laugh.gif EEEEEKKK ohmy.gif

I am also so fargin nervous, that I have been unable to sleep, eat well, dooodddd..... wacko.gif

HELP!!!! sad.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weather has plenty of time to clear off. Watch the forecast for Monday and go from there.

Airplanes don't like freezing rain but they can deice. Depends on what the visibility and such are like. Those are the concerns more so than the precip, but I guess you never really know.

It'll all be alright, AGP. Don't worry about it, that makes things worse. Just do everything you can and if things don't work out, that's how it is.

"That's how it is! Another cloudy day... seem's we'll never see the sun or feel the day has possibilities."

Jeez, trying to get to work this morning, I almost got into a wreck. So slick out, so, needless to say, I am still home, I called and said, to not have anyone come in, too dangerous. Its supposed to last till tomorrow, and then warm up. Thank Garage. wacko.gif

Pull yourself together woman, you'll be just fine. Get packed and forget about the weather. You will be on the Worlds safest form of transport. You have more chance of being knocked down by a bus on the street outside.

Seriously AGP, have a great time on your little jaunt to Ont. - you must go and see Niagara, its only about 70 miles from Toronto....and go at night, and tell me if you get to see it when they 'switch off the water'. I have been twice, and always wanted to see this. I will in August.

Take care rose.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 15 2005, 02:13 PM)

Seriously AGP, have a great time on your little jaunt to Ont. - you must go and see Niagara, its only about 70 miles from Toronto....and go at night, and tell me if you get to see it when they 'switch off the water'. I have been twice, and always wanted to see this.

I lived 15 minutes from Niagara falls.

And sometimes we forgot to turn 'em back on.

AGP-Flying is safe. I've flown lots and ther is no point worrying as you dont change things by worrying. If you think you are real farged up, see a quack and get something for the flight. If you don't want drugs, pop two 50mg gravol and you will be fine.

I'll be thinking of you, my sister. And welcome to the Great White North!!

kishug.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 15 2005, 03:19 PM)
man is it me....or is canada freezing over? -40 here....freezing rain there.....even BC is pretty cold right now apprently wacko.gif

Yes. I am afraid it is you, D....

I am on the balcony sipping a mai tai and wearing just a g-string and a bandana. It's gorgeous out here!!

I am only 1 1/2 hours away from you--what's happening down in Calgary???

laugh.gif

Heh, Dweez, I may just come and visit you, that sounds nice and warm... laugh.gif Ricky, we'll take a jaunt down to Niagra after RC 5, I hope to stay a week there, I hope.... Thanks everyone!!

Bugs!!!! kishug.gif

Avoid hassles at security and double check to make sure you are not taking things like nail clipers, nail files, matches, etc. Security can get on your nerves when flying. Don't give them any reasons to have to double check you when you go thru. You'll be fine, flying is still the safest way to travel. If you have one, bring a small CD player or MP3 player to pass the time. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 15 2005, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 15 2005, 03:19 PM)
man is it me....or is canada freezing over?  -40 here....freezing rain there.....even BC is pretty cold right now apprently wacko.gif

Yes. I am afraid it is you, D....

I am on the balcony sipping a mai tai and wearing just a g-string and a bandana. It's gorgeous out here!!

I am only 1 1/2 hours away from you--what's happening down in Calgary???

laugh.gif

If this is how you're dressed, at least you'll be able to cut through the glass if you get locked out on the balcony.

brrrrrrrrrr..............

quit worrying about flying!!! you'll be fine...and regardless of the weather.... Toronto is an awesome place!!http://smilies.cw08.calibra-web.de/html/images/smilies/flaggen/flaggen09.gif

if your a fan of oreos...you MUST buy some and bring back tons... they are much better than the US ones....

have a great time...and we look forward to hearing all about it upon your return!! heart.gif

Well, my littlest one has a real bad cough, but no fever, they are playing fine, and eating well, last time I checked. They are sleeping now. It still an ice rink out side, and I am having panic attacks from the stress. I havent had them since I moved out really. Jeez Louise... wacko.gif I need a vacation already...... laugh.gif

Breathing a sigh of relief, the ice is melting now, and my little girls are playing, and happy for the most part. Gonna check my flights to see if they are not cancelled yet, they are letting some go today, after over 200 cancellations yesterday. Mine leaves tomorrow at 6:20.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 16 2005, 06:09 AM)
if your a fan of oreos...you MUST buy some and bring back tons... they are much better than the US ones....

I'm an Oreo addict, I have never heard this before. How so are they better? Describe. drool1.gif

I'm an Oreo addict, I have never heard this before. How so are they better? Describe. drool1.gif

I'm not a big cookie fan-except for speculaas, but I like oreos. I've never had American ones, so I'm not sure what the difference is? confused13.gif

Edit-DO NOT buy any speculaas while here!! They are MINE ALL MINE!!

mwah hahahahahahahahahhah

And 'Holy Garage' has turned into, yes, a Cookies thread - now we have chocs and cookies both instigated by yours truly, AGP. common001.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My favourite cookies ar Choc Chip....dunno whether this should go in this thread or the choccy thread, or both perhaps wink.gif

Archived