Holy Garage

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 07:58 AM)
Got to talk to him last nite, for quite a while, and I am feeling so much better. Thanks everyone for the support and virtual bugs... laugh.gif There will be a next time for sure, and he very much so assured me of that. biggrin.gif heart.gif Amazing what talking to someone can do for the soul.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better smile.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Jan 18 2005, 07:43 PM)
Tammeh, thanks for the info. That is why I was shocked to hear AGPs story, too. What airline were you going to fly, AGP?

Continental.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 18 2005, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 01:49 PM)
Speaking of RushCon, I would really like to go to it.  Sounds like a blast.  trink39.gif

Hear hear! But alas my parents are probably are not going to allow me... sad.gif mad.gif

Then take them with you...

Thw whole issue of passports for travel has become a really contentious one over here as well, but it's a demand of the airlines, not of governments. For example, there's an Irish airline called Ryanair, which has now become one of the biggest in Europe on the basis of it's low fares.

However, it doesn't do customer service. At all. It's rules state a passport is needed for all flights, even domestic ones. I live in the Irish Republic, but I'm only 18 miles away from the border with Northern Ireland, so when I fly, I fly from City of Derry Airport, which is in the UK. I still need to produce either a passport or driver's licence, as official photo ID is a basic requirement of pretty much every flight these days.

The policy is no ID, no flight, f**k off, case closed, and they adhere to it like SS stormtroopers. The bottom line is, they're saving money by contracting out all ground services to companies/agents like Servisair, and just don't employ customer service personnel who can tease through difficulties and delicate situations. Their CEO Michael O'Leary is a hero to some and a demon to others. His idea is "You booked on the web, you should have read the terms and conditions, if you didn't, tough titty - you're at fault, don't annoy me." Every few weeks, there are stories about people refused entry onto flights for funerals, weddings etc., but he's unrepentant. RTFM is his catchphrase.

Problem is, this is spreading across the whole industry, and the signs are other "quality" airlines are folllowing suit. Customers are not to be treated with respect or consideration, they're to get what they paid for and that's to be herded onto a plane, flown to their destination, and then turfed off again.

I guess cheap flights are great, but you get what you pay for.

So sorry it didn't work out for you AGP. No worries... keep your chin up no matter what. smile.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 19 2005, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 18 2005, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 01:49 PM)
Speaking of RushCon, I would really like to go to it.  Sounds like a blast.  trink39.gif

Hear hear! But alas my parents are probably are not going to allow me... sad.gif mad.gif

Then take them with you...

heh don't you think I've already played that card already? lol

Archived