Holy Garage

Alsgalpal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have been there for an hour already... sad.gif Still so hurting, that I can hardly sleep. I am having to take pills, to help me sleep, and its something I need to catch up on, havent done it in so long. sad.gif

Kris, we're all here for you. smile.gif

Things will work out, don't worry.

I'm here anytime day or night just holler, ok?

((((((((((((((((((((((((BUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

We all love you, Kris..... Day or night.... call me if you need me I don't care what time it is smile.gif BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG

Rick is right, this is merely a delay... you are still going to meet your best friend... if I have to drive you there myself smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 17 2005, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 17 2005, 09:45 AM)
Well folks, my plane took off 28 mins ago, and obviously I am not on it.  I needed a passport, and I do not have one.  They are making people have passports now, for flights. If I were to drive, then ok, fine, dont need one.  It was a pain in the arse getting to the airport, then when I got there, they wouldnt let me board.  I know that this trip wasnt meant to be, but I feel like a stupid fool, and my heart is terribly broken right now.  I feel like blowing away into a million pieces in the wind.

I took a sleeping pill, so I can finally get some rest, I have not been able to sleep well, and I am exhausted.  Waiting for sweet relief to wash over me, and make me not hurt for a while... sad.gif

AGP,

There is no such thing as "stupid mistakes". They are known as "learning experiences". We all have them.

I'm here, we're all here. There is a next time - no one is going anywhere. We will all be waiting here when you arrive.

SKCH.

goodpost.gif remember the story of balance in our lives? so things are not going your way...but something good will happen and everything will turn out ok and balance will be resotred. period. lol

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 18 2005, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 17 2005, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 17 2005, 09:45 AM)
Well folks, my plane took off 28 mins ago, and obviously I am not on it.  I needed a passport, and I do not have one.  They are making people have passports now, for flights. If I were to drive, then ok, fine, dont need one.  It was a pain in the arse getting to the airport, then when I got there, they wouldnt let me board.  I know that this trip wasnt meant to be, but I feel like a stupid fool, and my heart is terribly broken right now.  I feel like blowing away into a million pieces in the wind.

I took a sleeping pill, so I can finally get some rest, I have not been able to sleep well, and I am exhausted.  Waiting for sweet relief to wash over me, and make me not hurt for a while... sad.gif

AGP,

There is no such thing as "stupid mistakes". They are known as "learning experiences". We all have them.

I'm here, we're all here. There is a next time - no one is going anywhere. We will all be waiting here when you arrive.

SKCH.

goodpost.gif remember the story of balance in our lives? so things are not going your way...but something good will happen and everything will turn out ok and balance will be resotred. period. lol

What D said...

Remember, things will get better. It may take some time, but they will get better.

Got to talk to him last nite, for quite a while, and I am feeling so much better. Thanks everyone for the support and virtual bugs... laugh.gif There will be a next time for sure, and he very much so assured me of that. biggrin.gif heart.gif Amazing what talking to someone can do for the soul.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 09:58 AM)
Got to talk to him last nite, for quite a while, and I am feeling so much better. Thanks everyone for the support and virtual bugs... laugh.gif There will be a next time for sure, and he very much so assured me of that. biggrin.gif heart.gif Amazing what talking to someone can do for the soul.

Yes! Amazing that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jan 18 2005, 12:03 PM)
Sorry to hear it, AGP. sad.gif

Since when do you need a passport to get into Canada? Is this a post-911 thing? When I went I only needed proof of American citizenship like a birth certificate. Of course I haven't been to Canada in 23 years...

It has to be a post 9/11 thing...what else could it be? Been told by more than a few that a birth ceriticate was all you need. Kris should've been told this when she purchased her ticket IMO.... yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 18 2005, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jan 18 2005, 12:03 PM)
Sorry to hear it, AGP. sad.gif

Since when do you need a passport to get into Canada? Is this a post-911 thing? When I went I only needed proof of American citizenship like a birth certificate. Of course I haven't been to Canada in 23 years...

It has to be a post 9/11 thing...what else could it be? Been told by more than a few that a birth ceriticate was all you need. Kris should've been told this when she purchased her ticket IMO.... yes.gif

T4VS - you took the words out of my mouth!!

Why don't the airlines have a disclaimer about needing the passport?!?! It's a pretty simple thing to mention.

I drove to TO this summer, and I had my passport - but they only asked to see my license.

This is the first I've heard about a passport being REQUIRED to travel between the US and CA.

Well - best of luck to you, AGP - I'll be thinking of you! Hope it all works out!

rose.gif

I tell you something for sure, I WILL be getting my passport, ASAP. I want none of this, the next time I attempt to go up to visit. I have a whole summer to prepare paperwork, myself, my wardrobe tongue.gif and my planning. Anyone got the exact RushCon dates yet?? This has been most frustrating, and very heartbreaking, on more than one level. But, I have been thru worse. Next time may be the perfect time. 653.gif

You know, if you didn't need a passport, I'd talk to somebody at that airline. A few years ago I needed to fly to Atlanta from Newport News. I had an e-ticket, and the clerk wouldn't let me on the plane because I didn't have a physical ticket. I kept trying to explain that I was flying on an electronic ticket and that all the information was on the computer, but she kept saying "I need to see a ticket." I told her all she needed to see was my ID, but she says, "You can fill out a form for a lost ticket." I didn't have a lost ticket, of course. It all went downhill from there.

The managers at my company were waiting at Hartsfield for me, and when they found out what happened the HR manager ripped that airline a new one until we got refunded in full. They got me ticket on another airline. I haven't flown the offending airline since.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 09:58 AM)
Got to talk to him last nite, for quite a while, and I am feeling so much better.  Thanks everyone for the support and virtual bugs... laugh.gif  There will be a next time for sure, and he very much so assured me of that.  biggrin.gif  heart.gif  Amazing what talking to someone can do for the soul.

I know what you mean Kris biggrin.gif

I am SO glad you're feeling better.

RushCon or no RushCon, there WILL be a get-together this summer.

Even if we have to set it up ourselves!

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Jan 18 2005, 12:14 PM)
I flew to Canada in August for Rushcon 4. I had my birth certificate and driver's license. I dunno when this changed!!

Dunno if it was the same airline, I was on Northwest.

It must be something new. confused13.gif

Really? I have had a passport for like 4 years....lol and I have used it to get into the US and back into Canada several times...

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 01:49 PM)
Speaking of RushCon, I would really like to go to it. Sounds like a blast. trink39.gif

Hear hear! But alas my parents are probably are not going to allow me... sad.gif mad.gif

Archived