The Internet

streak85

Can't remember that far back... old.gif

I think it was somewhere around 1996... but of course, before that, we used to "dial up" different BBS's years before all the www.url.com's started.

QUOTE (streak85 @ Jan 18 2008, 11:20 PM)
What year or what decade did you begin
using the internet?

I started using the internet in 2000. Before that I ran dialup bbses where people would phone my number and connect to a software program.

Gee, I can't remember! I've been using computers for as long as I can remember, I can't remember when I started using the Internet...

I know I first had an e-mail address in 2001. tongue.gif

I do remember those horrible dialing and screeching noises the Internet used to make while it connected.. >.< And that we had to close down the Internet if anyone else needed to use the phone!! laugh.gif

Boght my first computer in 98 and went onlin immediately. I remember at the time feeling like I was bit behind the times when it came to the net. Seemed like everyone else was already on line.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jan 19 2008, 08:43 AM)
Can't remember that far back... old.gif

I think it was somewhere around 1996... but of course, before that, we used to "dial up" different BBS's years before all the www.url.com's started.

Exactly... I was also using BBS systems in the early/mid 80s....

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 19 2008, 07:22 PM)
Gee, I can't remember! I've been using computers for as long as I can remember, I can't remember when I started using the Internet...
I know I first had an e-mail address in 2001. tongue.gif
I do remember those horrible dialing and screeching noises the Internet used to make while it connected.. >.< And that we had to close down the Internet if anyone else needed to use the phone!! laugh.gif

Hahaha yeah! My Dad used to go mad when I was on the internet and he was at work trying to phone in and couldn't get through. That's how I got my first mobile phone actually. He bought me on and made me put it next to the computer turned on at all times so he could get through to the house. laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/icon_hmm.gif

i'd have to say somewhere around '97 or '98.

Late '97 or early '98. It took me a long time before I would put my address out there and actually talk to people. I heard that all the internet was a bunch of pervs trying to lure people. rofl3.gif Saw this board way back when it was started but it took me until 2006 to finally join.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 20 2008, 08:42 PM)

Late '97 or early '98. It took me a long time before I would put my address out there and actually talk to people. I heard that all the internet was a bunch of pervs trying to lure people. rofl3.gif Saw this board way back when it was started but it took me until 2006 to finally join.

There's something... When did this board start? '04?

Late 90's probably '98 or so. Started w/ AOL dialup and it took forever for anything to load. Had limited minutes per month we could use laugh.gif Seems so archaic now. We have satellite internet at our house, unlimited use. Pretty good speed for what I need it for. Rest of the time I'm online at work where 95% of the time is faster than the speed of light.

Archived