2008 - 06/10 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena

krlowe

Jen,

The sellers tried to counteroffer at 5% more than the advertised asking price, saying it was an "typo" so I got mad and declined. However, I may either bite the bullet and give them the coin, or buy another unit. So, my goal is still to get in there and move in June 1st. That would be sweet to start at my loft. All I would need from you guys is a complete list of beverages so no one goes thirsty at my new place! haha

Cross your fingers for me.

The parking situation is this: They don't have any public or guest parking on the property, but there is parking on the street, lots of it, and I believe it's free if I'm not mistaken. Our TRF Crew can walk down to Greektown and eat, catch the ppl mover for 50 cents and get dropped off at Loe Louis.

and now... The BIG question: Has everyone voiced their opinion on where they want to eat????????? Maybe if everyone puts in a suggestion we can make a poll and majority wins?

P.S.: I'd say let's have a pool party after the show back at TMD's, but I'd doubt they would allow riff raff like us to use it after dark.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 18 2008, 08:23 PM)
i went w/option 3 per digital man. thanks everyone!!
-back to band practice.
peace
tmd

ph34r.gif

Congrats!

I'll wave to you on my way in to work next week. laugh.gif

Now back to this meetup thing. I didn't mean to be a distraction.

Looks like my old guitarist turned U of M professor buddy Pete is coming down from Ann Arbor for the show with a buddy. Pete wants to meetup at my shack then walking down to Greektown for dinner, then to the show, then back to my place. I took the following day off, so an afterparty is definitely possible.

All you TRFers are invited. Just lemme know if you're coming. The time would be like 4:30 I'll open my door, leave at 5:30 for dinner or something like that.

1300 E Lafayette #2404, Detroit, MI 48207

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 18 2008, 08:57 PM)
I posted this in the hockey thread. There is a 2.gif advertisement on the far board about the concert as Detroit and Nashville are playing as I type. you will see it when Nashville skates up ice!! 1022.gif

I noticed that when I was watching the game the other night. It was right next to the red line.

Very cool...

There's free parking in front of my building on E. Lafayette Street. I can't imagine it's any riskier than Greektown Parking. Some tenants and workers there park in the street, so it appears safe. Besides, I'm supplying the pre-party beverages so it's well worth the risk! trink38.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 23 2008, 08:31 AM)
There's free parking in front of my building on E. Lafayette Street. I can't imagine it's any riskier than Greektown Parking. It appears some tenants and workers there park in the street, so it appears safe. Besides, I'm supplying the pre-party beverages. trink38.gif

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 28 2008, 11:58 AM)
I just read that "Rush Is A Band" blogger Ed is attending the show at the JLA. I invited him to our TRF pre show gathering. I've corresponded with him over the past year and it would be cool to meet him.

Awesome!!!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 28 2008, 01:01 PM)
I just read that "Rush Is A Band" blogger Ed is attending the show at the JLA.  I invited him to our TRF pre show gathering.  I've corresponded with him over the past year and it would be cool to meet him.

Awesome!!!

Sweet! That will be cool! yes.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 28 2008, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 28 2008, 01:01 PM)
I just read that "Rush Is A Band" blogger Ed is attending the show at the JLA.  I invited him to our TRF pre show gathering.  I've corresponded with him over the past year and it would be cool to meet him.

Awesome!!!

Sweet! That will be cool! yes.gif

Yeah, I just checked out his blog. Nice.

So who's all coming to the meetup? I still have to be interviewed by the board of the condo association prior to getting the keys to my place. I'm assuming I'll be in there by June 1st still. They don't know I'm a drummer, so I'm planning on being accepted. Shhhhhh... 1287.gif

I signed on to "Rush is a Band" Blog and wrote Ed Stenger. He replied. He's not sure if he will be here on time to meetup at 1300 E Lafayette #2404, but if not, he can just meet up with us at Greektown.

Once again, as a reminder, I have volunteered to use my new place as an initial meetup place (cocktail party) for those who can get downtown before 5:30 on June 10. I will be accepting visitors from 4:30 'til around 5:30 when we walk to Greektown for dinner. I believe the concert starts at 7:30, so we should be getting on the people mover by 6:45 to be safe. That gives us a full hour to eat and drink.

Speaking of drinking, I want to have beverages for everyone that comes over, yet I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO ALL IS COMING OR WHAT THEY DRINK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW when you can. Thanks.

Right now this is who I believe is coming:

Me

Pete and guest

Sunny, Chaotica? and guests

Cyg, wife & child

Ed and brother (maybe)

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 29 2008, 08:03 AM)
I signed on to "Rush is a Band" Blog and wrote Ed Stenger. He replied. He's not sure if he will be here on time to meetup at 1300 E Lafayette #2404, but if not, he can just meet up with us at Greektown.
Once again, as a reminder, I have volunteered to use my new place as an initial meetup place (cocktail party) for those who can get downtown before 5:30 on June 10. I will be accepting visitors from 4:30 'til around 5:30 when we walk to Greektown for dinner. I believe the concert starts at 7:30, so we should be getting on the people mover by 6:45 to be safe. That gives us a full hour to eat and drink.
Speaking of drinking, I want to have beverages for everyone that comes over, yet I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO ALL IS COMING OR WHAT THEY DRINK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW when you can. Thanks.
Me
Pete and guest
Cyg, wife & child
Ed and brother (maybe)

WHAT????

OK OK OK...

now i KNOW my personal invitation from YOU TMD MUST have gotten "lost" in PM land... myspace land... the mail...

am I correct in this assumption, hmm?

biggrin.gif

I'll probably be heading to D town much earlier in the day than MOST...

so yeah, ya'll can count me IN.

just TRY and keep me away... wink.gif

congrats TMD on the new digs, man. it's looks like a pretty sweet pad, man.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 29 2008, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 29 2008, 08:03 AM)
I signed on to "Rush is a Band" Blog and wrote Ed Stenger. He replied. He's not sure if he will be here on time to meetup at 1300 E Lafayette #2404, but if not,  he can just meet up with us at Greektown.
Me
Pete and guest
Cyg, wife & child
Ed and brother (maybe)

WHAT????

OK OK OK...

now i KNOW my personal invitation from YOU TMD MUST have gotten "lost" in PM land... myspace land... the mail...

am I correct in this assumption, hmm?

biggrin.gif

I'll probably be heading to D town much earlier in the day than MOST...

so yeah, ya'll can count me IN.

just TRY and keep me away... wink.gif

congrats TMD on the new digs, man. it's looks like a pretty sweet pad, man.

Oh no, this reminds me of a song my alice in chains tribute will be practicing tonight, LRF80

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/aic.jpg

eyesre4.gif I didn't forget you wanted to go to greektown, but I just didn't wanna assume that everyone could get off work early enough to stop by my place before Greektown. Also, starting at my place requires a little walking. Last time we spoke, me living downtown wouldn't even have come up in a conversation. Thanks for congrats, BTW.

OK, ladirushfan80's in! trink39.gif

New Official Detroit Meetup Roster as of 5/30/08 7:38am:

ladirushfan80

Pete (I still don't know Pete's TRF username but I've known him since 1989. lol) and guest

Sunny, Chaotica and guests

Cyg, wife & child

Ed and brother (maybe)

2.gif

laugh.gif @ the masked drummer...

Looking forward to seeing the new crib man! right now i have no job (or life for that matter) so shit... i can be at your place by 10 am!! LOL... KIDDING.

One thing I have to announce... Sunny, you have to update your seating chart!! I just bought a ticket for 2nd row, Alex's side from RUSHGIRL... she & I will be whoopin' it up in D-Town on June 10th !!!

I can't flippin wait man! It is going to be SOOOOOOOOO much fun.

me and RUSHGIRl... what a riot we are going to have, 'eh?

biggrin.gif common001.gif biggrin.gif

CeeJ, i will see ALEX!! Just think of the kodak moments !!! blush4.gif b_sigh.gif

who knows... maybe I'll get a pic like Ghost Girl did!!!

Here's to hoping!!! smile.gif

oh yeah, that means i'll have a ticket available for that show... my old seat... whoever buys it *might* have to sit next to my et al, unless my et al bails on me, which is quite possible now given the circumstances, so possibly 2 tickets will be available. I'll keep ya'll posted on that one.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 30 2008, 03:28 PM)

Looking forward to seeing the new crib man! right now i have no job (or life for that matter) so shit... i can be at your place by 10 am!! LOL... KIDDING.

One thing I have to announce... Sunny, you have to update your seating chart!! I just bought a ticket for 2nd row, Alex's side from RUSHGIRL... she & I will be whoopin' it up in D-Town on June 10th !!!

I can't flippin wait man! It is going to be SOOOOOOOOO much fun.

CeeJ, i will see ALEX!! Just think of the kodak moments !!! blush4.gif b_sigh.gif

Here's to hoping!!! smile.gif

oh yeah, that means i'll have a ticket available for that show... my old seat... whoever buys it *might* have to sit next to my et al, unless my et al bails on me, which is quite possible now given the circumstances, so possibly 2 tickets will be available. I'll keep ya'll posted on that one.

ohmy.gif Sweet! I wish I was up there whooping it up with you 2!

Can we trade seats in 109 and I take the row 1 tickets and we can sell the row 11?

QUOTE (sundog @ May 1 2008, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 30 2008, 03:28 PM)

Looking forward to seeing the new crib man!  right now i have no job (or life for that matter) so shit... i can be at your place by 10 am!! LOL...  KIDDING. 

One thing I have to announce...  Sunny, you have to update your seating chart!!  I just bought a ticket for 2nd row, Alex's side from RUSHGIRL... she & I will be whoopin' it up in D-Town on June 10th !!!

I can't flippin wait man!  It is going to be SOOOOOOOOO much fun.

CeeJ, i will see ALEX!!  Just think of the kodak moments !!!  blush4.gif b_sigh.gif

Here's to hoping!!!  smile.gif

oh yeah, that means i'll have a ticket available for that show... my old seat...  whoever buys it *might* have to sit next to my et al, unless my et al bails on me, which is quite possible now given the circumstances, so possibly 2 tickets will be available.  I'll keep ya'll posted on that one.

ohmy.gif Sweet! I wish I was up there whooping it up with you 2!

Can we trade seats in 109 and I take the row 1 tickets and we can sell the row 11?

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY Sundog!!

No problem with me, man!

Lets DO IT!!!

icon_alienjig.gif

oh yeah!!! Me & Rushgirl are gonna ROCK Alexs' world man...

ha ha ha

BTW... Thank you for updating the venue map sunny... you ROCK girl!!

wub.gif

653.gif Thanks sis! I don't mind sitting with et al! (If Digi can't come) and otherwise, I will have him so it's a win/win for me biggrin.gif

Lemme know, I'll get working on selling 'em. (row 11 seats 1 and 2) They are great seats too, so they shouldn't be hard to unload!

Archived