• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 6 2009, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 6 2009, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (rhyv @ Mar 5 2009, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 5 2009, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (rhyv @ Mar 2 2009, 08:53 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

I do wish things work for you about quit smoking .

Take care hug2.gif  rose.gif rose.gif hug2.gif

hug2.gif

Thanks! Day 14 and counting...

14 mean many hours without cigarretes. That's means a lot actually. biggrin.gif

yes.gif you are right rhyv. It's awesome! trink39.gif

I'm now on day 8. I've wanted to smoke every day. Every time I visit this site. Right now. But I resist. I've lowered my own dosage of chantix to one 1mg a day. It's wasn't the dreams as much as the interrupted sleep. I need 7-8 solid hours in the sack or I'm a zombie, as Kramer once said. I take it after lunch, and that's that. The thought of taking these pills for 3 months is horrible for me and I'm sure I'll be off way before then. They don't make me not want to smoke, they just inhibit the pleasure. So, it's all about my will and weakness. I hold on. I watered the plants and I could for the first time, smell the wet soil in the air. I don't recall the last time I could smell that. It's pretty cool cool.gif

Yeah it is amazing the smells that you miss - Some are a little overbearing - but it'll pass - I hope. unsure.gif

I have just finished up week #5 on the Chantix and the wacky dreams have stopped. I didn't notice an interuption with my sleep, but I'm a mom of 4 kids and any noise wakes me to begin with. wink.gif

I found with the Chantix in the begining it went from a need to a want and I then had to change the want.

Good Luck on your 8 days and counting... How is your girlfriend doing? That must be nice quitting together.

I'm so proud of you guys! hug2.gif You're both doing incredibly well.

I cleaned out my desk at home last night, and I ran across my left over Chantix. I immediately thought of Lexster's dogs with feathers and the glowing-eyed undead. laugh.gif I'll get to a point where I'll be ready to quit... again. Meantime, kudos to those of you who are quitting now. trink39.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 6 2009, 04:11 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

I'm now on day 8. I've wanted to smoke every day. Every time I visit this site. Right now. But I resist. I've lowered my own dosage of chantix to one 1mg a day. It's wasn't the dreams as much as the interrupted sleep. I need 7-8 solid hours in the sack or I'm a zombie, as Kramer once said. I take it after lunch, and that's that. The thought of taking these pills for 3 months is horrible for me and I'm sure I'll be off way before then. They don't make me not want to smoke, they just inhibit the pleasure. So, it's all about my will and weakness. I hold on. I watered the plants and I could for the first time, smell the wet soil in the air. I don't recall the last time I could smell that. It's pretty cool cool.gif

Yeah it is amazing the smells that you miss - Some are a little overbearing - but it'll pass - I hope. unsure.gif

I have just finished up week #5 on the Chantix and the wacky dreams have stopped. I didn't notice an interuption with my sleep, but I'm a mom of 4 kids and any noise wakes me to begin with. wink.gif

I found with the Chantix in the begining it went from a need to a want and I then had to change the want.

Good Luck on your 8 days and counting... How is your girlfriend doing? That must be nice quitting together.

I cleaned out my desk at home last night, and I ran across my left over Chantix. I immediately thought of Lexster's dogs with feathers and the glowing-eyed undead. laugh.gif I'll get to a point where I'll be ready to quit... again. Meantime, kudos to those of you who are quitting now. trink39.gif

hug2.gif Thank you!

I did something to reward myself (well the family) I started an account and for each week I get though, I'll put the cig $ in there. Figure this is a bit of encouragement too! :fingers crossed:

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 6 2009, 06:29 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

hug2.gif Thank you!

I did something to reward myself (well the family) I started an account and for each week I get though, I'll put the cig $ in there. Figure this is a bit of encouragement too! :fingers crossed:

Chaaa Chiiiiing!!!! laugh.gif

wub.gif It's awesome what you're doing. Thank you.

I quit smoking on New Years as well, luckily I got deathly sick with the flu right after which helped me get through the withdrawal because just the thought of a cigarette made me want to hurl. Two months later the cravings are pretty much gone.

You can do it Sully!

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 6 2009, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 6 2009, 06:29 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

hug2.gif Thank you!

Chaaa Chiiiiing!!!! laugh.gif

wub.gif It's awesome what you're doing. Thank you.

Yeah, Pags. You should be proud of her. That's not an easy thing to do. I've read that it's easier to give up heroin. unsure.gif

Way to support your girl! cheer.gif

OUR girl!!!!! Go owlswing! cheer.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 6 2009, 04:55 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

Good that the dreams have stopped. I haven't woken up to anything bizarre in the last few days, so reducing my chantix seems to be working. I figure once I get into the second week, it shouldn't get any harder. My intake of processed sugar has increased exponentially though. I'm like The Fly now with candy. Anyway, you are doing awesome. May you always be a week ahead of me.

We're still on the same page, although she admitted she did lapse and smoke one the other day. That's okay though, she's doing great.

It kind of feels like quitting has left a bit of a scar, like Frodo after he was stabbed by the Morgul-Blade. Hopefully I can get to a point sometime in the future where cigarettes repulse me and my desire is nil. But as of now, I can feel it every day. Hmm, maybe it's really more like being parted from The One Ring tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 6 2009, 05:11 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

smile.gif Thanks! smile.gif You Rock for trying to quit and starting this thread yes.gif You can do it again, and when you're ready, your thread will be waiting for you hug2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 7 2009, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 6 2009, 05:11 PM)
Sullysue and Owlswing:

hug2.gif

smile.gif Thanks! smile.gif You Rock for trying to quit and starting this thread yes.gif You can do it again, and when you're ready, your thread will be waiting for you hug2.gif trink39.gif

biggrin.gif

That's great news! applaudit.gif

Take care you both. hug2.gif hug2.gif

Edited by rhyv

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 23 2009, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Apr 22 2009, 04:31 PM)
62 Days!!!!...

tongue.gif

ohmy.gif

Congratulations, that is SO awesome! yes.gif

trink39.gif

No kidding!!!! I bet you feel so good right now.

Congrats, sis! cheer.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 23 2009, 11:47 AM)
The last day I had a cigarette was 5 years and 4 months ago as of today. common001.gif

Now, that is really incredible! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The thing about my quitting is that I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to do so. I don't smoke so much that I'm coughing or getting sick a lot. I can go days at a time without lighting up. On average, I have maybe four cigarettes a day. I go all day at work without even a craving. I know I should quit. I guess I think of it as the last true vice I have. Besides, I'm terrified that if I quit, I'll gain back a ton of weight. sad.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Apr 22 2009, 07:31 PM)
62 Days!!!!...

tongue.gif

Alright!!! 653.gif cheer.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif Best of Continued Excellence in Success!!! notworthy.gif

I have not been as successful. I had supreme confidence that I could carry on and never look back. Celebrated my one month mark 3/26, then I started buying a house. I would recommend to anyone who wants to buy a house and quit smoking to buy it first, then quit. Nothing serious for me.. I went back to one or 3 a day. Some of those I only smoked 1/2 of it. For a stretch of 5 days last week I stopped, then went back to one or two a day. It's been stressful. I still have my chantix on hand if I need to go back to it. I have proven (albit unintentionally) that I have the fortitude to smoke one or two a day and not go back full time.. Neil style smoking. But I'm still very committed to the idea of I QUIT, and will go back to quitting again one day very soon. When all this is over, or sooner.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 23 2009, 12:47 PM)
The last day I had a cigarette was 5 years and 4 months ago as of today. common001.gif

Alright!!! 653.gif cheer.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif Best of Continued Excellence in Success!!! notworthy.gif

(Can't give you any less Congrats - way to go ct!! smile.gif )

good luck to all of you.

I've never smoked and it can be hard for us to get how hard this must be. I have many friends that either smoke or used to smoke and I have seen it first hand. I had a coworker that quit smoking for 6 months and then I saw him smoking. I asked what happened and he said he just got bored one day and felt like having a smoke!?!?!?!?

the way prices have been going up I'm sure there is some extra motivation for you.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 23 2009, 02:09 PM)
I'll gain back a ton of weight.  sad.gif

My belly has grown, and sadly it's not from beer. Twizzlers, Whoppers, Skittles. But, that's the lesser of two evils. You'll be ready again one day trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 25 2009, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Apr 22 2009, 07:31 PM)
62 Days!!!!...

tongue.gif

I have not been as successful. I had supreme confidence that I could carry on and never look back. Celebrated my one month mark 3/26, then I started buying a house. I would recommend to anyone who wants to buy a house and quit smoking to buy it first, then quit. Nothing serious for me.. I went back to one or 3 a day. Some of those I only smoked 1/2 of it. For a stretch of 5 days last week I stopped, then went back to one or two a day. It's been stressful. I still have my chantix on hand if I need to go back to it. I have proven (albit unintentionally) that I have the fortitude to smoke one or two a day and not go back full time.. Neil style smoking. But I'm still very committed to the idea of I QUIT, and will go back to quitting again one day very soon. When all this is over, or sooner.

THANKS ALL!!!!!

laugh.gif Buying House DOES NOT = quitting! My husband actually started smoking again when we were dealing with ours, then shortly after we were moved in quit again!

You'll get there!!! I think when you are ready you are ready and there is no stopping.

As far as the weight thing I TRIED real hard not to think about it until the 2 month mark, as per Doc's advise...now step 2...exercise and eat right!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! CT I hope to be able to say 5+ years like you some day!!!

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 25 2009, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 23 2009, 02:09 PM)
I'll gain back a ton of weight.  sad.gif

My belly has grown, and sadly it's not from beer. Twizzlers, Whoppers, Skittles. But, that's the lesser of two evils. You'll be ready again one day trink39.gif

laugh.gif Even without trying to quit smoking, I'm having the same trouble. Damn Easter candy everywhere! angry.gif So, I went through the kids' baskets, put everything in a bag and put it up out of sight. Yes, I know where it is, but you can't argue with a six-year-old asking, "Uh, Mom? Why are you eating MY Easter candy?"

And, I'm working on buying a house, too. It is stressful. When that's all worked out, I'll probably be in a better frame of mind to quit.

Anyway, you guys keep up the good work. 653.gif

I am so proud of all you people in this thread that have given up smoking, yes.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif

I am so proud of all you people in this thread that have given up smoking, yes.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif

I think the first step in order to quit is to really want to quit.

I smoked from 1985 until 2003 for the majority of the time (I quit a few times but eventually would go back to it).

I was starting to get a lot of headaches - at least once or twice a week. Since I quit smoking, I rarely even get a headache.

I also quit cold turkey. When I realized how much OTC medication costs, I figured cold turkey was my best option and it worked for me.