How long can you last without listening to music?

Slime

How long can you last without music?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How long can you last without music?

• Every second without music is pure agony!
    • I can last several minutes without it
    • I can go a few hours without a note
    • I can last almost a whole day without listening to tunes
    • I can go an entire day and then some without music
    • I can go several days without listening to music
    • I've gone an entire week without turning on music
    • I can go one month or more!
    • I can go on a music fast for a whole year!
    • Bah, I hate music anyway! I just read Rush's liner notes

Like a few other poeple here, I must go for a few hours during school without music.. Although I usually listen to my iPod at lunch, and lately turning my B class I have been, as well.

Although too usually when I'm not listening to it on my iPod, I usually go through songs in my head.

Well, I'll be realistic, I can go a couple of hours without music. Any more and I'd be depressed.

... But if I had the choice, I'd have music on all the time.

1022.gif

>I can go a few hours without a note

^ that, I can go probably a whole day on a rare occasion without thinking to myself "I want to listen to some tunes".. Usually every two hours or so without music I'll hum or sing to myself, or just play songs in my head.. Eh..

When I was younger it was pretty much the bulk of the day. As i've gotten older though i've learned to pace it out a bit more. I can sometimes go a day or two without listening to anything. It makes listening to it more special if I do it like that and prevents me from getting too sick of something.

I can go for a few hours without music just because I've been at the point when I was younger that I was music 24-7. I actually love music now more than I ever have at any point in my life (as in I'm open to unknown music, and I absolutely love, understand, and appreciate music more now than ever). But I gotta give my ears and my brain a chance to cool off as too many concerts and years of headphones and loud car stereos have knocked me down a notch.

Some days I listen to 5 or 6 hours of music at work and 3 hours or so at home and in the car. Other days I might only hear two or three albums total. But I make it a point to hear at least 2 albums a day, even if it's a veggin' out kinda day.

It depends, lately I read on the bus so I only turn on my MP3 every few days. I figure once midterm week rolls around I'll be going without music for that entire week.

Archived