Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

So what's the reason were not talking about this season like we did the last few ones? Is this season just too awesome for words or something?

For me Dexter is just something to do until Homeland comes on. They killed off Isaac who was the the only intriguing foe for Dexter and the rest has been meh.

• Like 1

So what's the reason were not talking about this season like we did the last few ones? Is this season just too awesome for words or something?

For me Dexter is just something to do until Homeland comes on. They killed off Isaac who was the the only intriguing foe for Dexter and the rest has been meh.

Really? You don't like how the dynamic of Dexter and Deb's relationship has changed now that Deb knows just about everything. I think this whole developement has been great. What about LeGuerta and Matthews now getting closer to finding out that Dexter is the bay harbor butcher? I really think there's some very interesting things going on with the show. They've redeemed themselves for the awful season five and the hit and miss of last season this year.

Without Isaac, there's little expectation for eps 11 and 12. The pyro antagonist was pretty sick, but he's caught already? Don't see the point in squeezing in that sub plot... Maybe it will serve as a cool foundation for a season 8 villain, or a good finale.

I wager the season will end with both Joey and Dexter getting caught for their crimes... Or maybe Leguerta will be killed by Dexter like everyone is demanding on facebook... But now he'll have to kill Matt as well...

The point of throwing the arsonists in there and chatching him so quick was to show that there's the possibility Dexter will let murderers go sometimes and let Miami metro deal with them instead. That was a pretty big developement that Dexter didn't kill him and let the cops take care of it.

Not sure what the big deal with Issac being gone is. He was a decent character but he didn't add anything special to the season overall. Hannah is the much better and more interesting character and her involvement has had way more meaning and impact this season and it looks as though it's gonna carry over to next year.

I do think LeGuerta will end up getting killed by Dexter, but with only two episodes left it might not happen until next season.

Edited by J2112YYZ

The crazy guy w/the maze, Isaac, arsonist...I don't see them as sub-plots but those characters as driving development for Deb & Dex this season in one aspect or another. Much better than Dex vs. The Big Baddie, I think so anyway. What a great line by Hannah at the end, "you should have killed me"; I think she wanted him to. So, uh...about Hernandez (or whoever that guy was that got out of prison)...erm...he just runs away and says nothing to anyone about being tied down and almost chopped up? That is what Mike Armentrout would call "a half measure" if ever there was one.

If I were to have a Dexter-athon (or Dex-athon) I'd go: Season 1, 2, 4, 7...the others are ok but seem to lack something, these seem a more cohesive group.

This has been a great season and after watching those previews for next week in the closing credits I can't guess what will happen other than: LaGuerta is dead (I know, I'm repeating myself in my old age). How Dex pulls it off with her on his ass who can say? That scene with her taking him in has to be some sort of dream sequence...they just can't haul ol' Dex into custody can they? Nah, after turning his girlfriend in he needs to finally kill someone. I predict that Dex kills LaGuerta and the final scene is Deb, Dex & Harrison at the beach looking content with the past behind them.

The final season will revolve around Deb & Dex gettin' all stanky and working their sex on each other. Dexter: the incestual-situational dramedy!

If it's so obvious to all of us viewers that Deb framed her, why isn't it to Dex?

And Isaac was the best part of this season, could care less about the Dex/Deb relationship. But now that I'm seeing how the last few episodes are going, I guess he'd be a tricky character to work into the mix.

On the Dexter subreddit, a picture of Isaac is the header. I can't be the only one who thought he was an awesome character. My 2nd favorite behind Frank Lundy.

http://i.imgur.com/48dsQ.png

If it's so obvious to all of us viewers that Deb framed her, why isn't it to Dex?

And Isaac was the best part of this season, could care less about the Dex/Deb relationship. But now that I'm seeing how the last few episodes are going, I guess he'd be a tricky character to work into the mix.

On the Dexter subreddit, a picture of Isaac is the header. I can't be the only one who thought he was an awesome character. My 2nd favorite behind Frank Lundy.

http://i.imgur.com/48dsQ.png

Deb definitely set up Hannah.

As far as LeGuerta goes? She can suspect all she wants, she has no proof.

Yeah, Deb did set up Hannah. The reason Dexter doesn't expect her is because who really would've before this season? This isn't in Deb's character at all but now that she's helping Dexter cover up what he's doing, she's learning how to do these more manipulative things. It's not hard to believe that Dexter wouldn't suspect her. But why did Dexter help turn Hannah in when she knows who he really is? Now I know she doesn't have the evidence but things could get set in motion if she decides to start talking.

LeGuerta doesn't have the proof but everything points to Dexter. She set up Dexter good at the end of the last episode. I think Matthews maybe in some kind of denial over Dexter being the butcher though. He just seemed too quick to dismiss everything that he and Leguerta were investigating. Deep down I think Matthews knows it's true.

• Like 1

Deb did not set up Hannah. I have no proof but I'm just saying. Carpenter has killed me this season, even though she's an anorexic elf I have a solid crush on her. Especially in those Elvis shades. Can't wait for tonight!

In this finale, you have your proof. Hannah admits to poisoning her.

Anyways, anti-climatic ending. Didn't like it. Meh season, started out one way, got good in the middle, ended badly. Kind of like most seasons.

Deb did not set up Hannah. I have no proof but I'm just saying. Carpenter has killed me this season, even though she's an anorexic elf I have a solid crush on her. Especially in those Elvis shades. Can't wait for tonight!

In this finale, you have your proof. Hannah admits to poisoning her.

Anyways, anti-climatic ending. Didn't like it. Meh season, started out one way, got good in the middle, ended badly. Kind of like most seasons.

If you thought this season was meh, then you should just stop watching the show. If this season doesn't please you then nothing they come up with next year will. Ths season was a return to form for the show and was great.

Now, THAT is what you call a SEASON FINALE folks!!

:goodone:

Deb killed an innocent person she fits the code now. How f*cked up is that :o

Edited by J2112YYZ

Hannah served her purpose. She won't be back next year...it's all about Deb & Dex then.

They obviously staged LaGuerta's death to look like "Latin ex-con" shot her so I don't think there will be any serious blowback. Except perhaps from Matthews who just might possibly maybe become suspicious with Maria dying so soon after accusing Dexter.

M. C. Hall said on one of this season's episode wrap podcasts that Dexter will never be defending himself in court (he did say that in passing, but still) so being caught is out of consideration. The only arc left for him is too see if he can rid himself of his urge to kill and be a normal human. I think after seeing what he did to Deb this season he might really want that. Or killed...Dex could be killed I suppose...by Deb if I had my supposing shoes on.

Producers & writers: what does Desmond Harrison have on y'all? We don't care about Quinn. Please don't waste precious time next year with some ridiculous storyline involving him. That is all.

Hannah served her purpose. She won't be back next year...it's all about Deb & Dex then.

They obviously staged LaGuerta's death to look like "Latin ex-con" shot her so I don't think there will be any serious blowback. Except perhaps from Matthews who just might possibly maybe become suspicious with Maria dying so soon after accusing Dexter.

M. C. Hall said on one of this season's episode wrap podcasts that Dexter will never be defending himself in court (he did say that in passing, but still) so being caught is out of consideration. The only arc left for him is too see if he can rid himself of his urge to kill and be a normal human. I think after seeing what he did to Deb this season he might really want that. Or killed...Dex could be killed I suppose...by Deb if I had my supposing shoes on.

Producers & writers: what does Desmond Harrison have on y'all? We don't care about Quinn. Please don't waste precious time next year with some ridiculous storyline involving him. That is all.

How the investigation goes into LaGuerta's murder alll depends on what Dexter and Deb decided to do with the bodies. Did Dexter decide to cut them up an dispose of them in the water like usual? Or did they go with Dexter's original and way more risky plan of staging a double murder? Let's not forget, the bullet in LaGuerta needs to match one of the guns found at the scene. So if they did stage it Deb would have to wipe her gun clean and leave it there so everything seemingly adds up. Bottom line, I think Dexter and Deb are in major trouble next year. This isn't gonna end well for them. Dexter has been getting more and more sloppy over the last few seasons, this time I think either him or Deb missed something, more than likely Deb, and it will come back to them.

Poor Batista, he was all set to retire and already had his life after Miami metro planned. I'm sure he'll come back and investigate what happened with Laguerta. He will either be investigating a murder or a missing person depending on what D&D decided to do with the bodies. I think he will be the one to bring down Dexter and Deb which should make for some very good TV since he's always stood by them no matter what.

I don't know what the purpose of Quinn is anymore either. It looks like he was leaning towards going back to being a corrupt cop, at least that would make him somewhat interesting again. But in the end they just portrayed him as an annoying, lovesick drunk. Maybe that's his purpose? Just a waste of time at this point. Unless he gets heavily involved with the LaGuerta investigation next season he has no purpose.

I wonder why after all these years Showtime decided to move the show to the summer instead of starting it in the fall like they always have before? Not that I'm complaining since we get the new season that much sooner now and it won't interfere with me watching sunday night football as much. As usual, they make the trailers look great for this show. I'm not surprised to see that Deb will spiral out of control.

I wonder why after all these years Showtime decided to move the show to the summer instead of starting it in the fall like they always have before? Not that I'm complaining since we get the new season that much sooner now and it won't interfere with me watching sunday night football as much. As usual, they make the trailers look great for this show. I'm not surprised to see that Deb will spiral out of control.

Because this is the final season and they are opening up its fall spot for whatever show they plan on pairing with Homeland.

Couple weeks til Dexter! Time for Totally Dark Predictions Sure to go Wrong:

I see two possibilities for the overall conclusion to the show...Dex ends up having to kill Deb or she kills him. On one hand I see the series ending with Dex stalking another victim under a red moon just like the series opener. After all as much as they've explored his lurch toward humanity he hasn't changed that much and what he's really concerned with is not getting caught and making problems go away. Deb is clearly falling apart and seems on a collision course with death and I can see her killing Dex to make up for LaGuerta.

One or the other has to die. Dex deserves it many times over. Deb does not. Therefore Deb is a goner. Hell, everyone but Dex may end up dead.

Another possibility is his capture but that would be a terribly disappointing ending I think. Too nice & clean and this show is anything but nice & clean...except for the kill rooms.

Yeah, I think either Deb or Dexter has to die this season to. From the trailer it looks like it may very well be Deb unfortunately. I don't think Dexter will get caught but I think there will be some more people who find out who he is. My bet is Batista and Quinn find out somehow but are just not able to get the evidence to connect Dexter to anything for sure. I'm very much looking forward to how they've decided to end the series.