Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

I'm still not sure if Travis is imagining Gellar but they are doing a great job of blurring the line of weather he's real or not right now. If Gellar is imaginary then Travis is one f*cked up dude. It can turn out that Travis murdered his own sister in order to complete his mission. Now that's messed up.

Deb's issue with Dexter has always been that he never shares anything with her. But it's now reached a boiling point for her and i'm interrested to see where their realitionship goes now. I've always found it odd that Dexter could make connections with people like Miquel and Brother Sam yet he can't even attempt to do that with his own sister. He's a serial killer and his whole life is a lie so why doesn't he just make shit up when talking to Deb? I feel bad for Deb here because she always pours her heart out to Dexter but she never gets anything back.

If Quinn doesn't get fired by the end of the season I will be surprised. The guy is a total wreck right now. Hopefully the new detective they've brought in has some kind of impact before the season is over because right now he's a non factor in the storylines.

As far as LeGuerta goes, somebody please bitch slap her accross the face a few times for me.

SPOILERS...which is ironic because freezers keep things from spoiling and it's ironic because:

We all knew as soon as that freezer came into view that Gellar was in it. Also we all knew that lab geek intern/computer superman had the ice truck killer hand, but what does it mean? So he's working on a game, so? Is he some kind of supa freak too?

Now, Dexter and Travis are in that old church and are getting ready to have some kind of scuffle, and the kill room is set up...and cops are going to be canvassing the neighborhood...could this be the time when Dex gets too close of a call and raises suspicions? I can see the potential of Chicago Cop in this somehow...he has to do something eventually.

Clearly I'm bumfuzzled as to where exactly this season is going and how it's going to end. Dexter killing Travis is the only thing of which I'm sure at this point. Here's a crazy, ain't gonna happen thought tied to LaCunta: in the book she get's whacked by Brian (and possibly Dex too, it's not clear)...so could she be heading toward Dexter's table if she really gets rough with Deb over this cover up for Matthews? I'd like that, actually all the characters probably would let Dex off the hook if they all caught him plunging the knife into her.

***** SPOILERS MAYBE, WHO THE HELL KNOWS?*****

Pretty good episode last night. It turns out Dexter and Travis have a lot in common with both being serial killers who see imaginary guides. I know it was brought up earlier in the thread about Gellar being imaginary but I wasn't too sure at first but it does make sense though. Nobody but Travis ever interacted with him and he seemed to be a little too elusive for a man in his mid 60s. Seriously, Travis is more f*cked up than Dexter is. The way Dexter kills is actually pretty simple but the effort that Travis is putting into what he does is off the charts.

The stuff with Quinn and Batista was pretty funny but I still think Quinn gets fired by the end of the season. His character is rapidly becoming almost as pointless as the new detective they brought in.

After her visit to the thearapist it seems Deb is gonna have a new attitude about things and I look forward to see where that takes her.

My guess is that there is either another way to get in to that room, or it's also possible that this was just an old storage room of some kind and the freezer has always been there.

Those seem like the two most likely explinations laugh.gif

Good episode. I'm glad they got the Geller being fake thing out of the way now, as opposed to making that the big season ending shocker.

I'm really excited about this season. The Deb/LaGuerta/Matthews storyline is actually interesting for once, the lab tech with the stolen arm is a good twist, and Travis is a unique villain with AWESOME kill scenes. The blood spilling down was excellent.

I like the last week's episode... I really think they're building up to Deb finding out about Dex by the end of the season....

Just to note, Dexter has been renewed for 2 more seasons.... which are likely to be the last 2 seasons the show has...

Which I think is good, I like that they have an end day in mind, and can build towards a conclusion for the series, instead of it abrubtly ending (COUGH*DEADWOOD*COUGH)

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Dec 6 2011, 04:21 PM)
Last night's episode was amazing. I'm REALLY excited to see the next two episodes now...I forgot how great this show can be when it wants to.

Well...don't know if I agree with you about it being amazing but it was interesting.

************ SPOILERS ********************

The whole "Dexter doesn't like Harry, yes he does, no he doesn't" thing the show has been doing since at least season 3 is wearing very thin with me. Dexter must be bat shit crazy like Travis I guess but enough is enough of being pissed off at Harry for trying to help Dexter (the best he could) control the monster within him.

WTF is Dexter even thinking by keeping Gellar's hand and taking it to the morgue? That's just stupid and asking to get caught with evidence. And...so Gellar has been in that freezer for over 3 years and Dexter just moved his arms out of the way to inspect his chest?...riiight.

The whole computer geek/intern is a red herring that is going nowhere. Of that I'm sure and what I'm not sure of is exactly why the producers decided to add it to the show, not needed if you ask me. There's lots more drama to mine with Deb and Dexter's relationship.

I don't know...I sound like Debbie Downer but this season has kind of ran in circles somewhat and had starts and stops toward being a great season but it seems like the writers had a great story arc for about 8 episodes. I feel like the season's been padded a little. Don't think we needed 10 episodes for the "big reveal" about Gellar and now Travis has 2 new disciples that helped him kill someone? Absurd. He's been doing all this killin'by himself all this time and now he needs these two rubes?

With the 2 season renewal I really hope they develop a cohesive story for closing out the series. The only real question being does Dexter ever get caught or not. I think we all know that at some point Deb will find out and I think Dexter will tell her.

************SPOILERS************

Sunday's episode was good but I feel maybe they should've got to this point sooner. Before this Travis seemed like a messed up person following another more messed up person in Gellar. He always seemed a little shaky and unsure of himself, but the Travis that emerged in this episode was demented, confident and in control of things and is what we should've seen sooner. This is the true Travis and it would've made for better TV if he was like this most of the season.

I'd like to see this season end with Travis getting away. At some point Dexter is finally not gonna get the man he's been hunting. While I would've preferred Trinity to be the one that got away, i've got a feeling that Travis will be the one. It would be cool if Dexter planted evidence that led to the arrest of Travis just so Deb could get that much needed victory as Lt. But I doubt that will happen since Dexter has to carry out his mission.

I've said it before but Quinn has to be getting fired. He left Batista stranded and now he's at the mercy of Travis and his follower. I think the reason that Travis has decided to get some followers to help is because he knows the police are onto him and if he has a few other people to help then the focus won't end up being completely on him. It might even allow him to get away easier to because the police still don't know that Gellar is dead, so they'll be looking for him, two helpers and Travis now. That will spread the cops thin and will make it easier for him to get away.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 6 2011, 07:45 PM)
I think the reason that Travis has decided to get some followers to help is because he knows the police are onto him and if he has a few other people to help then the focus won't end up being completely on him. It might even allow him to get away easier to because the police still don't know that Gellar is dead, so they'll be looking for him, two helpers and Travis now. That will spread the cops thin and will make it easier for him to get away.

Good point!

Okay, not spoiling

just watched the first ep of the sixth season. hard for me to get back into the jive with this show, but i get the feeling this season will be good.

complaint? probably too many characters now, too humorous. Can't touch this? Either I'm not recollecting on this show well enough, or it has lightened up a bit. If the latter, that's pretty unfortunate.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Dec 9 2011, 11:03 PM)
s6e3
"goggled your name"

yeah, too much humor brought in at the wrong times this season so far.

Don't worry it gets darker as the season goes on.

I've never found anything wrong with the humor on the show. There's always been a good amount of black humor. Plus, some of the one liners they've given to Deb over the years are some of the funniest ones ever.

SPOILERS

Ok...wow! I loved this episode: from the cheesy 70's cop music when Quinn was helping Angel to the kick ass job Jennifer Carpenter is doing as Deb. She really has owned every scene she's been in this season...and that dream! Damn that was too wild, she's gonna kill that therapist.

I still think they wasted a lot of time with Dexter's character this year, all this humanizing of him is a bit of a circle jerk because we end up with him still being a monster.

AND...was I ever wrong about the Intern! Dude knows who Dexter is and could this be a set up for a cliffhanger going into next season?

Also, is it really possible that even for a show that can be as dark as Dexter that Travis can end up killing Harrison? Probably not but hell, I don't know.

Great episode! I am actually very curious about the intern and the LaGuerta situation, which is surprising as I usually hate LaGuerta's storylines. I have no idea what he's going to do with that hand, but I have a feeling it's going to "out" Dexter to someone.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 12 2011, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Dec 12 2011, 07:56 PM)
I have no idea what he's going to do with that hand, but I have a feeling it's going to "out" Dexter to someone.

He's mailing it to Dexter.

I know that, but why? I'm sure it's for some sort of revenge, or like you said, the intern knows who he really is