Lady A's killer Toronto meetups!!!

Lady April

Thank you soooooo much LA!!!!!! wub.gif (Sorry you had so much trouble with the post! wacko.gif)

I know to some folks the tag might be no big whoop! But Tortoise and I were thrilled to see it - - and the clippings!!! What a treat!!! You lived out one of our all time dreams, woman!!!!!

Owe you a beer someday soon!!! trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 02:49 PM)
I gotta start dropping hints at home about attending any potential Rush shows next year. If I'm going to do it right this time, I'll need to prepare my wife for my extended absence  wink.gif  She would never come with me, or approve of me attending a meetup. So, I'll have to come up with some sort of story. Maybe I'll tell her I got a job working for the stage crew!

I have the opposite problem, my husband went saying he wanted to go although he is not an avid Rush fan like myself. When we got back my mom asked him if he had fun he's like "yea" real quiet like and she laughed. He responded "I just went to make sure she had a good time"

angry.gif Sorry but if that was his sole purpose of being there, that is THE most expensive babysitter I've ever had and I'd rather have kept the 800 Rush bucks I spent on him, It would have ensured me an even better time. tongue.gif

I don't even ask my wife to come with me to concerts anymore. I took her to a show on the VT tour. We had seats about 15 rows from the stage, and she was MISERABLE. She hated the music, hated the atmosphere, hated me, and sat through the whole show while everyone around her was standing and enjoying the show.

So, I completely understand the meaning of wasted money.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 27 2007, 03:02 PM)
Thank you soooooo much LA!!!!!! wub.gif (Sorry you had so much trouble with the post! wacko.gif)

I know to some folks the tag might be no big whoop! But Tortoise and I were thrilled to see it - - and the clippings!!! What a treat!!! You lived out one of our all time dreams, woman!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I'll let you know when I relapse rofl3.gif trink36.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 03:07 PM)
I gotta start dropping hints at home about attending any potential Rush shows next year. If I'm going to do it right this time, I'll need to prepare my wife for my extended absence  wink.gif  She would never come with me, or approve of me attending a meetup. So, I'll have to come up with some sort of story. Maybe I'll tell her I got a job working for the stage crew!

I have the opposite problem, my husband went saying he wanted to go although he is not an avid Rush fan like myself. When we got back my mom asked him if he had fun he's like "yea" real quiet like and she laughed. He responded "I just went to make sure she had a good time"

angry.gif Sorry but if that was his sole purpose of being there, that is THE most expensive babysitter I've ever had and I'd rather have kept the 800 Rush bucks I spent on him, It would have ensured me an even better time. tongue.gif

I don't even ask my wife to come with me to concerts anymore. I took her to a show on the VT tour. We had seats about 15 rows from the stage, and she was MISERABLE. She hated the music, hated the atmosphere, hated me, and sat through the whole show while everyone around her was standing and enjoying the show.

ohmy.gif F**K THAT S**T!!!!! No way! dazed025.gif Dude that totally sucks. I feel for yuh and am soooooooo terribly sorry for the big bummer, I have one too angry.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

OMG I just noticed your new sig pic.

HAHAHAHA Spider Alex! Super Gedz! and Neil aka: The Flash!

Too funny! z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I love that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 27 2007, 04:14 PM)
Thank you soooooo much LA!!!!!! wub.gif  (Sorry you had so much trouble with the post! wacko.gif)

I know to some folks the tag might be no big whoop!  But Tortoise and I were thrilled to see it - - and the clippings!!!  What a treat!!!  You lived out one of our all time dreams, woman!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

I love that! biggrin.gif

Thanks!! Tortoise surprised me one day after school with the new sig!!! The costumes fit rather well, don't ya think?!? rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

It was great to see your supremely happy smile in the LA's pics!!!!! Glad you had a great time - - wishing we were there with you all!!!!! hug2.gif

. . . next year, . . . next year, . . . next year, . . .

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 03:11 PM)

ohmy.gif F**K THAT S**T!!!!! No way! dazed025.gif Dude that totally sucks. I feel for yuh and am soooooooo terribly sorry for the big bummer, I have one too angry.gif

Well, better to have a big bummer than a big bum! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 03:38 PM)

I guess I've been blessed with at least that smile.gif

ohmy.gif Who the hell am I to be bitchin??? I had the best night of my life at the 22nd show with out him there! Dude, I was in F88cking Toronto!!! 653.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif bumper.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 03:38 PM)

I guess I've been blessed with at least that smile.gif

ohmy.gif Who the hell am I to be bitchin??? I had the best night of my life at the 22nd show with out him there! Dude, I was in F88cking Toronto!!! 653.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif bumper.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I'm jealous... yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 27 2007, 03:58 PM)
Great pics. yes.gif

Sooooo wish I could have made it there too. sad.gif

laugh.gif You were there in spirit Necro, I felt you and CeeJ both all over the place when I was hangin with ladi80 yes.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 27 2007, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 27 2007, 04:14 PM)
Thank you soooooo much LA!!!!!! wub.gif  (Sorry you had so much trouble with the post! wacko.gif)

I know to some folks the tag might be no big whoop!  But Tortoise and I were thrilled to see it - - and the clippings!!!  What a treat!!!  You lived out one of our all time dreams, woman!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

I love that! biggrin.gif

Thanks!! Tortoise surprised me one day after school with the new sig!!! The costumes fit rather well, don't ya think?!? rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

It was great to see your supremely happy smile in the LA's pics!!!!! Glad you had a great time - - wishing we were there with you all!!!!! hug2.gif

. . . next year, . . . next year, . . . next year, . . .

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yeah I was quite happy!

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 01:56 PM)
Those are great pics Lady A!

I only discovered how much fun the meetups can be at the MSG show a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the '08 tour rumors are true so I can do it right this time. I only got to hang out for a little over an hour in the basement bar at Stout in NYC.

I can tell from the pics that you all had a great time!

(whispers) The Granite, Grady.....

trink39.gif trink38.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 03:57 PM)

well, see, you and Natch will just have to come to The Granite, Grady - and leave your respective spousal units behind....Lady A - just tell him you're going to spend time with your girlfriend in NH, and Natch, tell ur wife you're going to hang out with your male Rush friend in New Hampshire laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 27 2007, 07:48 PM)

well, see, you and Natch will just have to come to The Granite, Grady - and leave your respective spousal units behind....Lady A - just tell him you're going to spend time with your girlfriend in NH, and Natch, tell ur wife you're going to hang out with your male Rush friend in New Hampshire laugh.gif

laugh.gif Wish it was that easy! Holy Crap. We'll see what next year brings.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 28 2007, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 27 2007, 07:48 PM)

laugh.gif Wish it was that easy! Holy Crap. We'll see what next year brings.

Spousal units... rofl3.gif

I only wish it were that easy. Otherwise, I'd have gone to more than just 2 shows. We'll see though. Anything can happen between now and then...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 28 2007, 06:58 AM)
Great pics. yes.gif

Sooooo wish I could have made it there too. sad.gif

That easily goes for me too Kenny,next year hopefully. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Sep 29 2007, 11:03 AM)
I never saw so many good looking Rush fans in one spot.

Thanks for sharing your great pics and ultimate Rush experience.

2.gif ON

laugh.gif Yea, Rush fans are the best people I've ever come across in my whole life. unsure.gif Thats good right? In a way that kinda sucks though. Shows who I hang out with outside of Rush then don't it? eh.gif Eesh. bummer.

2.gif Fans definately Rock balls man, ooooooh yyyeaaaahhhhh!!! 1022.gif

what a great story Rolinda!!!

fortunately Lady A got pics of us TRF froods... i got NOTHING!!! that thursday night i had just arrived at the hotel with my entourage... checked into the room, and grabbed a cab to the orbit room to meet up with peeps. i completely forgot to grab the camera!! (i know.. BIG shocker, 'eh?)

friday i spent the day with my daughter who attends University of Toronto... met her boyfriend and next door dorm mate. didn't hook up with any TRF froods that day or night....

EXCEPT for meeting Tammeh in front of the Hard Rock late friday afternoon! i spot this person whose back is to me... she is wearing the tye dye tour shirt... i just randomly go up to her to start conversation (yeah, i do that alot to strangers....) and Tammeh recognizes me right away!! laugh.gif she says "LADIRUSHFAN!!!!!" i'm thinking: oh shit. you know you're picture is on this site way too much when someone recognizes you instantly! unsure.gif got a quick photo op... and we went our separate ways.....

i crashed not too long upon returning to the room after spending the day and evening with the fammily. altho i did hear Johnny Blaze stumble into our hotel room at an ungodly hour of the morning! laugh.gif

by saturday my stress levels had skyrocketed to the moon!

spent the day with my brother and his family... raced back into town for the show... made it to the show (thanx barn for the token wub.gif ).... but once i got there... it was all good! i was able to relax some. got a few good pics at the show. but.. being on main floor, and being the size that i am, i swear to god the two tallest guys in the whole venue STOOD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!! angry.gif

i stood on two chairs for a while... snapped some photos... and then got "yelled" at by security for standing on the chairs..... got down for a little while. intermission hit, got a HUGE beer... went back to my seat. during the second half i stood on two chairs (one foot on each seat wink.gif ) thru the whole second half!

i waited for a few peeps after the show at our designated meet up spot...and that was when i had the honor of FINALLY meeting Arleen!! wub.gif .

my camera battery was dead at the end of the show so i didn't get any photos of anyone after the show at the orbit room, OR Fran's after the orbit room sad.gif . i wish i had cuz that was fun! thanks to SirDraco for the ride back to my hotel after frans! bekloppt.gif

sunday... spent another day with U of T daughter, her father (who was driving back home with us) and my entourage. Left the Toronto area around 4 pm... and got home around 9 pm...10 o clock.

so... i'll need some time to get the pics on photobucket ...

OR

if you'd like go to this album http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/50/550/3/42/95/2978342950058960102wroqcY_th.jpg to check out the toronto weekend....

that's all i got for now folks...

good times....

Wow what great reviews Roli AND Amanda. I can see that it was a party the whole time on a grand scale and I am sorry that I was not able to meet you two, as well as other TRF peeps. As for the shows well at least I have a few photos that Lady April sent to me from very close so I can look at them whenever I want. I am going to try real hard to be there next year somewhere. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 16 2007, 08:44 PM)

i crashed not too long upon returning to the room after spending the day and evening with the fammily.    altho i did hear Johnny Blaze stumble into our hotel room at an ungodly hour of the morning! laugh.gif

That's what happens when I drink a bunch THEN Bonzy tempts me with 2112's then later continue drinking and drinking with Barney, Sigs and Dave....top that off with someone in your entourage sleeping on the ground of our hotel room as I get in at aforementioned "ungodly hour". It was a miracle I didn't step on that person (or fall on 'em). But hell, I still crashed before sunrise by about 30 minutes or so SO it wasn't that ungodly laugh.gif trink38.gif

Archived