Lady A's killer Toronto meetups!!!

Lady April

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Sep 27 2007, 05:56 AM)
Great pics Lady April! I had such a great time meeting up with you and the rest of the gang. Between the Hard Rock, Orbit Room, and Frans, I got a chance to actually sit down and have some great conversations with many folks......although some of my ramblings may not have been very coherent..... biggrin.gif

Hopefully there'll be a chance to do it again next year!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

The only time I saw you sober was in The Royal Ontario Museum in the middle of the afternoon. But, that being said, you did mention that you were on your way to a piss up laugh.gif trink38.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 27 2007, 02:44 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Sep 27 2007, 05:56 AM)
Great pics Lady April!  I had such a great time meeting up with you and the rest of the gang.  Between the Hard Rock, Orbit Room, and Frans, I got a chance to actually sit down and have some great conversations with many folks......although some of my ramblings may not have been very coherent..... biggrin.gif

Hopefully there'll be a chance to do it again next year!

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

The only time I saw you sober was in The Royal Ontario Museum in the middle of the afternoon. But, that being said, you did mention that you were on your way to a piss up laugh.gif trink38.gif

Haha, this is true. I actually went to the ROM to avoid the start of the pub crawl which began at 1:30pm......starting drinking that early would have been deadly. We met up with them at 4:30 instead! biggrin.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

BTW, I still owe you a Jagerbomb. I bought one for you at the Hard Rock on Wednesday, then forgot that I bought it for you and ended up drinking it myself! doh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 26 2007, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 26 2007, 08:36 PM)
bekloppt.gif
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Tortoise and Hare, Lady April

Hey! Lady "A"
Do you have the YYZ tags on your luggage? 

Tortoise 1287.gif

yes.gif I do have one and I saved everything cause I am an obsessive dork laugh.gif trink39.gif

No more of an "obsessive dork" than we are. tongue.gif

unsure.gif

Can WE see em' blush4.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif (for the two of us)

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 25 2007, 10:51 PM)
Next day Rolzzz and I hooked up at the Moving Pictures building and were photographed with my camera by Liz who's pics come in a bit!
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9200114.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9200115.jpg

We've always wanted to have our picture taken in front of this building.

I'M JEALOUS fists crying.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 25 2007, 07:08 PM)
Friday night R-Con meetup was a good time, I was already feeling fried from little sleep since arriving in Toronto.
Barney had a REALLY good time! unsure.gif apparently.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9210139.jpg

Suddenly out of nowhere Sark appears. I'm like talking to him and don't even know it is him until I ask. Yea, we all know I'm quick on the ball and shit.
Blazer, myself, Sark and Liz
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9210140.jpg

Ugh, maybe someday I'll be more photogenic! wacko.gif Anyway, it was sure good to put some names to faces. Hopefully there will be more TRF peeps next time! It was fun partying with ya'll! Till next time! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 27 2007, 07:36 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Hey! Lady "A"

Tortoise 1287.gif

yes.gif I do have one and I saved everything cause I am an obsessive dork laugh.gif trink39.gif

unsure.gif

They were not necessarily "tags" though, flying to Toronto I had a white loop sticker thing put on my suitcase that I checked, it said YYZ. sad.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 11:08 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Hey! Lady "A"

Tortoise 1287.gif

unsure.gif

They were not necessarily "tags" though, flying to Toronto I had a white loop sticker thing put on my suitcase that I checked, it said YYZ. sad.gif

Yah, but. . .

Can we see em'? sad.gif

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 27 2007, 10:41 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Hey! Lady "A"

Tortoise 1287.gif

unsure.gif

Yah, but. . .

Can we see em'? sad.gif

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

I'll take a pic and do the deal and post it here when I'm done smile.gif

QUOTE (ninerbj @ Sep 27 2007, 11:32 AM)
Lady A is HOT! drool1.gif

Oh, and thanks for the pics!

Aww shucks blush4.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 12:38 PM)
bekloppt.gif

Hey! Lady "A"

Tortoise 1287.gif

unsure.gif

Yah, but. . .

Can we see em'? sad.gif

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

bncegrn.gif WOO HOO bncegrn.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 27 2007, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 27 2007, 12:38 PM)
bekloppt.gif

Hey! Lady "A"

Tortoise 1287.gif

unsure.gif

Yah, but. . .

Can we see em'? sad.gif

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

bncegrn.gif WOO HOO bncegrn.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

K, here ya go, I stuck the crazy YYZ tag in with the Toronto Sun review I pulled from a paper I found at the last minute laugh.gif Followed by the Toronto Star review which I found right afterward. Both are for Wednesday nights show. I found them on Monday morning before we left town while looking for the Saturday reviews. Never found those unsure.gif sad.gif

Anyone have the reviews for Saturday nights shows?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9260001.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9260002.jpg

angry.gif shit! forgot to rotate them, sorry tongue.gif doh.gif

Rotated tongue.gif thorry!!! laugh.gif

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9260001.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/LadyApril_2006/Rush%20shows%209-19to9-22/P9260002.jpg

shit! angry.gif

unsure.gif 653.gif trink39.gif

unsure.gif Whoa dude, unsure.gif they were on here 2 times sideways, I go for another try and make sure, posted, came back and like they were ALL rotated. unsure.gif wtf? fing.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 27 2007, 12:22 PM)
I was wondering what the hell was going on. I guess an admin helped ya out. smile.gif

laugh.gif Thank you Oh great Gods of the board!!!! 1022.gif

Those are great pics Lady A!

I only discovered how much fun the meetups can be at the MSG show a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the '08 tour rumors are true so I can do it right this time. I only got to hang out for a little over an hour in the basement bar at Stout in NYC.

I can tell from the pics that you all had a great time!

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 12:56 PM)
Those are great pics Lady A!

I only discovered how much fun the meetups can be at the MSG show a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the '08 tour rumors are true so I can do it right this time. I only got to hang out for a little over an hour in the basement bar at Stout in NYC.

I can tell from the pics that you all had a great time!

Yea it was pretty cool, You MUST do it next year. Given the place and situation I think I'd have needed more than an hour to experience the Rush Mecca laugh.gif

Something very cool is that beginning Wednesday afternoon at the ACC, I was hanging out by the Q107 radio wagons, they were blaring Rush and other classic Rock music outside the venue before the show, much like other places do, but I was talking to people also hanging around before the show and found a bunch of Europeans who flew over just to see Rush in their hometown for 2 nights before going to see them in their own countries.

Pretty awesome!!!

I gotta start dropping hints at home about attending any potential Rush shows next year. If I'm going to do it right this time, I'll need to prepare my wife for my extended absence wink.gif She would never come with me, or approve of me attending a meetup. So, I'll have to come up with some sort of story. Maybe I'll tell her I got a job working for the stage crew!

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 27 2007, 02:49 PM)
I gotta start dropping hints at home about attending any potential Rush shows next year. If I'm going to do it right this time, I'll need to prepare my wife for my extended absence wink.gif She would never come with me, or approve of me attending a meetup. So, I'll have to come up with some sort of story. Maybe I'll tell her I got a job working for the stage crew!

I have the opposite problem, my husband went saying he wanted to go although he is not an avid Rush fan like myself. When we got back my mom asked him if he had fun he's like "yea" real quiet like and she laughed. He responded "I just went to make sure she had a good time"

angry.gif Sorry but if that was his sole purpose of being there, that is THE most expensive babysitter I've ever had and I'd rather have kept the 800 Rush bucks I spent on him, It would have ensured me an even better time. tongue.gif

Archived