If Rush dropped 2 S & A's songs...

ReflectedLight

I'd want to hear the two S&A songs they dropped.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 25 2007, 09:35 PM)

laugh.gif

I'd rather they drop "Summertime Blues" altogether since "DEW" sounded freaking awesome the three times I heard it. It was the perfect song coming out of the drum solo and "Hope."

The only S&A song I wouldn't mind seeing them drop is "Spindrift." I love the song, but on the album it's such a heavily layered song guitar-wise, and in order to play it live and have it sound right, Alex had to play to a pre-recorded sample for most of the song. I don't mind short sampled guitar "moments" here and there, but not for most of a song. I doubt they'd dump it for the '08 leg of this tour since it was released as a single.

What to replace it with? I'd love to hear "The Pass" or "Red Barchetta" again, or maybe "Peaceable Kingdom." No need to play any of the unplayed S&A songs -- nine is plenty.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2007, 09:58 PM)

laugh.gif

I'd rather they drop "Summertime Blues" altogether since "DEW" sounded freaking awesome the three times I heard it. It was the perfect song coming out of the drum solo and "Hope."

The only S&A song I wouldn't mind seeing them drop is "Spindrift." I love the song, but on the album it's such a heavily layered song guitar-wise, and in order to play it live and have it sound right, Alex had to play to a pre-recorded sample for most of the song. I don't mind short sampled guitar "moments" here and there, but not for most of a song. I doubt they'd dump it for the '08 leg of this tour since it was released as a single.

What to replace it with? I'd love to hear "The Pass" or "Red Barchetta" again, or maybe "Peaceable Kingdom." No need to play any of the unplayed S&A songs -- nine is plenty.

goodpost.gif

I love Distant Early Warning; sweet that you got it 3 times, I only got it twice, had to sit through Summertime once.

I'd probably drop Spindrift as well, if it'd had to be a song from Snakes, it'd be for Faithless, if not, The Pass would be great as you mentioned.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2007, 08:58 PM)

laugh.gif

If an S&A song were to be dropped I too wouldn't mind seeing Spindrift's departure, but I would replace it with another S&A song: Faithless

SnA is awesome and I'm glad they're playing so much of it. Having written that, Armor and Sword, Workin' Them Angels, and The Larger Bowl are my least favorites on the album so I'd be OK with swapping them out for any other SnA songs. However, I woulda liked:

Drop:

- Secret Touch

- Distant Early Warning/Summertime Blues

- Subdivisions

- Limelight

- Natural Science

Add:

- Earthshine

- Driven

- Leave That Thing Alone (or Cold Fire)

- Middletown Dreams (or Territories)

- Xanadu (or Cygnus)

Subdivions, Limelight, and Natural Science are all awesome classics but Signals, Moving Pictures, and Permanent Waves (and P/G) were all represented by additional songs and Rush skipped 8 albums! (the most they ever skipped on previous tours was 4 albums)

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 08:50 AM)
If Rush decided to drop Workin' Them Angels and The Way the Wind Blows for Closer to the Heart and La Villa I sure wouldn't complain about it.

smile.gif

Workin them Angels wont be dropped. Alex said it was his personal faviorate off of S&A plus it is going to be the next single. And I will cry if "wind blows" is dropped.

I loved the new material, and I honestly wouldn't mind if they added two more S&A songs. The new material sounded awesome and fresh. I think the new stuff was the highlight of the concerts that I saw. Although, I would be very happy if they drop the Larger Bowl for We Hold On.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2007, 09:59 AM)
Although, I would be very happy if they drop the Larger Bowl for We Hold On.

We Hold On is one my favorite non instrumental off Snakes and Arrows second only to Spindrift.

trink39.gif

Both wicked good tunes man!!! High five! 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2007, 08:59 AM)
I loved the new material, and I honestly wouldn't mind if they added two more S&A songs. The new material sounded awesome and fresh. I think the new stuff was the highlight of the concerts that I saw. Although, I would be very happy if they drop the Larger Bowl for We Hold On.

agreed. They way they enjoy playing the new work makes it great to hear live. But for fun, I'd like to hear Bastille Day and Jacob's Ladder.

"We Hold On" and "Faithless". A friend cracked me up when he commented, "I'd like to hear them cover a Bob Marley tune". Imagine Rush doing "Get Up, Stand Up". Then again, "Everybody got to deviate from the norm" wink.gif

QUOTE (eguy @ Sep 26 2007, 12:15 PM)
"We Hold On" and "Faithless". A friend cracked me up when he commented, "I'd like to hear them cover a Bob Marley tune". Imagine Rush doing "Get Up, Stand Up". Then again, "Everybody got to deviate from the norm" wink.gif

r30 already had enough covers. We are all complaining about Summertime Blues being on the set list as of now. Another cover added? no.gif

Time Stand Still! biggrin.gif ("shut up, Jaye" laugh.gif )

And I wouldn't mind hearing Faithless.

Or, if another older one, Closer To The Heart would be nice.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 26 2007, 01:44 PM)
Time Stand Still! biggrin.gif ("shut up, Jaye" laugh.gif )
And I wouldn't mind hearing Faithless.
Or, if another older one, Closer To The Heart would be nice.
smile.gif

I'd love to hear Time Stand Still also.

A buddy of mine who likes Rush but certainly isn't crazy about them like we are... well he's been dying/hoping/pleading/wishing that they'd play that for about 15 years now - so I really hope they dust it off next tour.

trink39.gif

I hope there's more than 2 changes, but if 2 S&A songs were being dropped I'd realistically like to see them replaced with:

1) A deep cut from Power Windows (Marathon, Middletown Dreams, Grand Designs, Territories, Manhattan Project)

2) A older crowd-pleaser that hard-core fans generally enjoy (Xanadu, 2112)

I think those 2 changes would make for very nice additions to the setlist as presently constructed.

I absolutely love S&A, so I'd want to hear one they haven't played live. No contest; it would be "Faithless." I still think that is the best song on the CD. I'd love to hear it live.

They would never play the two songs I'd love to hear live. The Camera Eye. I heard it on the MP tour and it blew me away. It's definitely one of my top 5 Rush songs of all time. I'd also love to hear them play Hemispheres in its entirety. They could even drop Natural Science to do that. Three tours in a row with that song is more than enough.

The Larger Bowl and The Way The Wind Blows away from setlist. Xanadu and The Trees (or Red Barchetta) into their positions tongue.gif . Okay, I know that you all american/canadian hc-fans start to complain "they are played so many times bla bla bla" but we finns want to hear them at least once during OUR lifetime wink.gif ...

Archived