If Rush dropped 2 S & A's songs...

ReflectedLight

They should meld Hope and TMMB together and have lerxt do a larger acoustic intro to it perhaps after Neil's solo. Then drop TWTWB. Not one of the stronger SnA songs in my opinion.

That opens up some time for FAITHLESS! Please oh please oh please play this one.

I for one would also like a deep cut from PW or another 80s album like cut to the chase or grand designs.

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Sep 28 2007, 11:12 AM)
They should meld Hope and TMMB together and have lerxt do a larger acoustic intro to it perhaps after Neil's solo. Then drop TWTWB. Not one of the stronger SnA songs in my opinion.

That opens up some time for FAITHLESS! Please oh please oh please play this one.

I for one would also like a deep cut from PW or another 80s album like cut to the chase or grand designs.

If they drop TWTWB I will cry.

But I do hope they add Faithless

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 26 2007, 01:44 PM)
Time Stand Still! biggrin.gif ("shut up, Jaye" laugh.gif )
And I wouldn't mind hearing Faithless.
Or, if another older one, Closer To The Heart would be nice.
smile.gif

I'd love to hear Time Stand Still also.

A buddy of mine who likes Rush but certainly isn't crazy about them like we are... well he's been dying/hoping/pleading/wishing that they'd play that for about 15 years now - so I really hope they dust it off next tour.

trink39.gif

im praying myself cause that song is just amazing!

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2007, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2007, 09:59 AM)
Although, I would be very happy if they drop the Larger Bowl for We Hold On.

We Hold On is one my favorite non instrumental off Snakes and Arrows second only to Spindrift.

trink39.gif

Both wicked good tunes man!!! High five! 1022.gif

Indeed, We hold On and Spindrift both rock.

Would gladly trade TWTWB and TLB for We Hold On and Closer to the Heart

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 25 2007, 08:58 PM)
I'd rather they drop "Summertime Blues" altogether since "DEW" sounded freaking awesome the three times I heard it. It was the perfect song coming out of the drum solo and "Hope."

Yes, I was sooooo happy they played DEW instead of Summertime Blues. It sounded great! Just drop Summertime Blues altogether, I'd say.

Maybe put in something like Roll The Bones or 2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx for the 2 missing S&A songs if there are any.

To hard for me to say what I would liked dropped from setlist, but I would love to hear body electric with the ending extended by a minute, love the part and it would be the greatest to hear them jam at the end.

Also, wouldn't mind at all if they added Marathon and The Manhattan Project.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 26 2007, 09:59 AM)
Although, I would be very happy if they drop the Larger Bowl for We Hold On.

We Hold On is one my favorite non instrumental off Snakes and Arrows second only to Spindrift.

trink39.gif

Similar choice here, except The Larger Bowl is also one of my favourites so I was more than thrilled when they started playing it! common001.gif

QUOTE (TheTobesofHades @ Sep 26 2007, 01:46 PM)
They could even drop Natural Science to do that.  Three tours in a row with that song is more than enough.

As much as I love Natural Science, I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced with something else. However, what you wrote isn't quite accurate as they didn't play it on the R30 tour. So it's been on 3 of the last 4 tours.

As far as TWTWB goes, I love that song and will be greatly disappointed if it's dropped during the rumored 2008 leg.

All the S&A songs I enjoyed live. Armour and Sword was particularily outstanding and heady. I agree that no S&A songs should be dropped, but wouldn't mind dropping a couple of other songs (Natural Science, Entre Nous, DEW, Dreamline) and add a couple of more recent cuts...perhaps Stick it Out, Earthshine, Peaceable Kingdom and Driven. Comments? cool.gif

Archived