other music you like besides rush

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit ecclectic in my tastes, and I have trouble getting into the newer stuff, it all sounds the same...

Rush obviously

JHB

AC/DC

The Pogues

Johnny Cash

Bond

Pachebel- ok anything Baroque

John Mayer

Dr. Hook

The Cranberries

The White Stipes

The Dead Kennedys

Suicidal Tendencies

Violent Femmes

Some of my friends' bands death metal

Geez, it looks like I'm stuck in the eighties....just paste a big "L" on my forehead.

OK, I got bored so I'm posting the full list of all the bands I listen to.

Rush

Kamelot

Dream Evil

Nightwish

Iced Earth

Sonota Arctica

Blind Guardian

Winterfell

Fear and Wonder

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Mars Volta

Rhapsody

Epica

Yes

Iron Maiden

Dio

Rammstein

The Doors

The Beatles

Aerosmith

Secret Machines

Pink Floyd

I like several bands but Rush is number 1 and Blue Oyster Cult is a strong second place.

They are still touring and sound terrific. Most people think they only have three good songs but that is not true. I would love a BOC show if they didn't play any of those three songs. Buck Dharma just might be the most underrated guitar player of all time.

QUOTE (pixey @ Dec 28 2004, 11:55 AM)
Depeche Mode

smile.gif

IRON MAIDEN

ac/dc

ANTHRAX

Black Sabbath

megadeth

metallica (execpt load and crap my pantsII)

Queensryche

Ozzy solo stuff

Stxy

reo speed wagon

the who

the doors

pink floyd

Van Halen with roth

sammy hager solo not vh stuff dont know why?

judas preist

Kiss

all classical music

Ten bat points to the person who can tell me what S.O.D stands for and who they are.

SOD later evolved into MOD, Method Of Destruction. SOD had some good songs such as Speak English Or Die and Pus- Whipped. I prefer MOD though with songs like Spandex Enormity and Hate Tank you cant go wrong.

Rush and Bon Jovi (yes, that's right, though I very rarely listen to them these days) are the only bands by whom I own the entire studio back catalogue, but there are a couple of other bands that are represented with at least four studio albums in my collection:

Yes (a firm favourite atm, will definitely add some of their recent stuff to my collection shortly)

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

My -still lamentably small- cd collection also includes two or three cd's from the likes of

The Police

Bruce Springsteen

Genesis

PJ Harvey

Rory Gallagher

Dire Straits

Talking Heads

and so far only one cd by Jimi Hendrix, The Porcupine Tree and Bob Marley.

as well as Finnish bands/artists very few of you have heard of... nothing from Nightwish, though! lol

I have a couple of wonderful compilations, too, by bands that I really like but haven't yet gotten around to buy any proper studio albums from:

Pet Shop Boys

Rainbow

Queen

Abba

QUOTE (pixey @ Jan 1 2005, 12:45 PM)
SOD later evolved into MOD, Method Of Destruction. SOD had some good songs such as Speak English Or Die and Pus- Whipped. I prefer MOD though with songs like Spandex Enormity and Hate Tank you cant go wrong.

I 'll give you 10 aswell MOd was great My fav is Olde to Dio biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 1 2005, 06:21 PM)

You mean Ballad Of Dio, its Ode To Harry. I love Spandex Enormity, Aids and Bubblebutt. Those crack me up! rofl3.gif

Waiting here on line. Suddenly from behind. She's still a block away. Why'd it have to be today. Now what do I see. She recognizes me. She hugs and squeezes me. She's the Spandex Enormity. rofl3.gif

I wanted to put more lyrics but I couldnt, its a family site. sad.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Jan 1 2005, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 1 2005, 06:21 PM)

You mean Ballad Of Dio, its Ode To Harry. I love Spandex Enormity, Aids and Bubblebutt. Those crack me up! rofl3.gif

Waiting here on line. Suddenly from behind. She's still a block away. Why'd it have to be today. Now what do I see. She recognizes me. She hugs and squeezes me. She's the Spandex Enormity. rofl3.gif

I wanted to put more lyrics but I couldnt, its a family site. sad.gif

opps.. its been a while just dug speak and usa for mod.

rofl3.gif great stuff

I must not forget Hate Tank! That would be a pity!

Ever heard of the band Big Black Batman?

QUOTE (pixey @ Jan 1 2005, 09:58 PM)
I must not forget Hate Tank! That would be a pity!

Ever heard of the band Big Black Batman?

The love boat the hate tankkkk

I hate sogges!!!

never heard of the Big Black Batman

rofl3.gif Not the Big Black Batman! I was asking you specifically! rofl3.gif I doubt anyone here would have as they are a lil obscure band from the 80s, kinda like MOD. They are called Big Black. Track down a couple of their songs like Fists Of Love and Bad Penny. You wont be sorry. They were a band from the Chicago area and had a great album out called Songs About Fuc*king.

Has anyone said The "Beatles??" I think the beatles rock. Go Beatles!! Ooo, and the Beach Boys, too. oooh, I got lotsa favorite bands! But Rush has always been the best.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 2 2005, 03:59 AM)
Has anyone said The "Beatles??" I think the beatles rock. Go Beatles!! Ooo, and the Beach Boys, too. oooh, I got lotsa favorite bands! But Rush has always been the best.

I think I mentioned the Beatles as I do like them a lot. However, from that period, I much prefer the Kinks - a lot more quirky and off the wall than the Beatles. Besides, thet weren't scousers.

Hawkwind (2nd Best Psychedelic Band)

Primus (Great Trio)

Early Pink Floyd (Best Psychedelic Band ever)

Cream (Unbelievable Musicians)

Love (Produced the masterpiece known as Forever Changes)

The Who (Keith Moon and The Ox are Gods)

Syd Barrett (Genius and such a pity that he lost his mind)

Gong (Acid Jazz at its weirdest)

The Stone Roses (Finest Debut album probably recorded)

Bob Dylan (Lyrical Genius)

Archived