other music you like besides rush

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Mar 3 2006, 05:51 AM)
What a great question! I had to stop and think for a long time as to what other bands I actually enjoy. Rush seems to have cornered Rush fans in with a superior product.  I recall running into Rich Williams guitarist for Kansas, and all I could think to ask him was, what do you think of Rush? Kansas was my favorite band at the time.  Thats when I knew Rush was my new favorite band and has been ever since.

How did Williams answer, BTW?

Here's a Kansas thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7440

all of John frusciante solo project stuff away from the chili peppers is great. Love the way he use his guitar to create colours:) He is a pure genius. Cant wait till stadium arcadium is out, chilis new album 25 songs smile.gif

also listening to a new band Geist, kinda rock pop folk indie band, they are kinda unusal they have a violin player but they rarely play ne thing folky. Got their new album decreasing circles, they even have a few fans in usa and australia, how cool. Been too see em a few times they are very good. Ne body interested in new stuff check out their website www.geist.co.uk

Also been listening to paul wellers new album, is very good, but not to keen on the drummer steve white, i think he is over rated personally. 2.gif biggrin.gif

N P rules he drums smile.gif

right now, I'm getting reacquainted with Curve. Been listening to their 1992 album "Doppelganger" somewhat frequently.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Dec 28 2004, 12:46 AM)
1. john Frusciante- although he plays in the chili peppers, his solo stuff is far away from mainstream. In fact, I would say I like his stuff as much as rush.

2. Red Hot chili Peppers- could be lumped into mainstream however, no one else sounds like 'em. some of the best albums of the last 15 years

3. The Beatles- don't need to say too much.

4. Aerosmith- sometimes I just need to rock to some blues funk rock just push play was not too good though.

5. Guns N' Roses- carnk to 10 and leave it. when these guys were in controll they knew how to make some great songs.

honorable mentions
U2
The Who
Reo Speedwagon
Fat Sally
styx

John frusciante is great, and so are the peppers. Have u heard of a band called geist, they are different to not mainsteam at all, made their own album without ne record company. They sound like nothing i have heard b4 really smile.gif check em out smile.gif

Among others:

Black Sabbath

King Crimson

Dream Theater

Frank Zappa

Coroner

Van HALEN

Steely Dan

The Beatles

Deep Purple

Rainbow

Genesis