The Greatest American Hero

RushRevisited

I remember that show! I wasn't a hard core fan, but I caught most of the episodes and remember that it was pretty funny. The scene that I remember best is when the little kid taught him how to fly. He was just jumping into the air and kept falling. The kid reminded him that Superman put his arms out in front of him to fly, he tried it and it worked.

The main character had the same last name as the guy who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan (Hinckley), after the attempted assassination, they changed his name to "Hanley".

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 16 2007, 10:27 AM)
I remember that show! I wasn't a hard core fan, but I caught most of the episodes and remember that it was pretty funny. The scene that I remember best is when the little kid taught him how to fly. He was just jumping into the air and kept falling. The kid reminded him that Superman put his arms out in front of him to fly, he tried it and it worked.

The main character had the same last name as the guy who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan (Hinckley), after the attempted assassination, they changed his name to "Hanley".

WOW! I never really watched that show, but DO remember that little bit of trivia!

Yeah I used to watch it on saturday mornings, I started off thinking it was stupid but it grew on me, so in the end I thought it was good and watched every week. I'm a Robert culp fan so that helped. I kept wondering if he'd ever get the hang of that super suit...

It also actually reminded me of the film Condorman with Michael Crawford...

http://www.ukquad.com/condorman.jpg

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 16 2007, 11:27 AM)

That is correct - then when things settled down, they changed it back to Hinkley...

What else was Robert Culp in? He looks so familiar, other than from this...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 16 2007, 01:16 PM)

That is correct - then when things settled down, they changed it back to Hinkley...

I spy with Bill Cosby mostly, he was also really good in a couple of Columbo episodes among other things...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060727/152447__hickey_l.jpg

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 16 2007, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 16 2007, 01:16 PM)

I spy with Bill Cosby mostly, he was also really good in a couple of Columbo episodes among other things...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060727/152447__hickey_l.jpg

yes.gif applaudit.gif

Three Columbos he was AWESOME in. The one where he was a detective, one a GM of a football team/sports franchise, and one where he was an ad exec. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also showed up on two or three of The Cosby Show's as an old friend. In one hysterical one, he and Cos put potato chips on a pizza or something as they discuss Culps heart attack, and Heathcliff's weight problem...and then their wives walk in on them smile.gif

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..."

Now I have that stuck in my head! laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 16 2007, 06:59 AM)
Anyone remember this show? it only lasted 3 seasons in the early 80s, but I loved it at the time. Funny to watch now, I was in Borders and saw the season 1 DVD and bought it.

I used to watch this when I was a kid. I remember when Christopher Reeves sued William Katt for pretending to be Superman. The show got cancelled shortly after that. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Aug 16 2007, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 16 2007, 06:59 AM)
Anyone remember this show?  it only lasted 3 seasons in the early 80s, but I loved it at the time.  Funny to watch now, I was in Borders and saw the season 1 DVD and bought it.

I used to watch this when I was a kid. I remember when Christopher Reeves sued William Katt for pretending to be Superman. The show got cancelled shortly after that. unsure.gif

Wiki quote:

"The powers of the red suit were somewhat broad, but still were 'similar' enough to the abilities of Superman that Warner Bros., the owners of DC Comics, filed a lawsuit against ABC which was, ultimately, dismissed as the premise's core concept of a human receiving an alien costume/weapon to fight evil was closer to that of the Silver Age Green Lantern."

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 16 2007, 12:46 PM)

Never thought I could feel so free-ee-ee

Running around on a wing and a prayer

Who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just meeeeeee!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 16 2007, 02:46 PM)

That song entered my head the second I saw the title of the thread, also.

Such torture....

Daaaa da da da da daaaa..

Believe it or not, George isnt at home

Just leave your mesaaage at the beep

Id get the phone, if I were home

Where could I beeeee?

Believe it or not, Im not hoooome!

http://www.geocities.com/benhoughton/george2.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

Ah yes, Carrie. The queen of revenge. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eh-gLjR33k...related&search=

Youll see William Katt get hit wiht a bucket...

http://www.gmclain.addr.com/site/programs/Star_Wars_Screen_Tests/Image006.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/042/000024967/katt3-sized.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 16 2007, 07:29 PM)
WHo remembers when he was Carrie's date for the prom?

Yes. He simoultaneously auditioned for Brian DePalma's "Carrie" and for Luke in George Lucas's "Star Wars."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 21 2007, 11:23 AM)

Yes. He simoultaneously auditioned for Brian DePalma's "Carrie" and for Luke in George Lucas's "Star Wars."

You keep showing off that mad movie knowledge and I'll have to make you unofficial assistant moderator or something.

OK, not really. But it was a nice compliment, though. Right? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 21 2007, 05:52 PM)

You keep showing off that mad movie knowledge and I'll have to make you unofficial assistant moderator or something.

I think I see a LURVE SHACK in the making here folks.

tongue.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 21 2007, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 21 2007, 05:52 PM)

I think I see a LURVE SHACK in the making here folks.

tongue.gif

bolt.gif

Well you're getting ready to see a Jack and GR Kick Necro's Ass Shack, mister! dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif