This is unheard of.

Geds

So, last weekend, I'm driving home from a friend's house in Texas, I have about a 12 hour drive to make.

I'm somewhere in Oklahoma, following this semi up a state road where the speed limit is 70 mph, and we are both ACTUALLY DOING 70mph...not speeding.

It's a 4-lane divided highway with a median in between....and a place every so often for cops to do u-turns and sit with radar running.

So, I get to the top of this hill, and i'm in the right-hand lane, and there, about a mile ahead, is a cop sitting in the median.....with his RED AND BLUES FLASHING...like he just completed a stop...but he's alone.

So, since he couldn't have clocked me, i just keep going, right past him. And after I get about half a mile past him, he pulls into the left-hand lane and starts pacing me...with his lights still on.

we go for maybe 2 miles, and then he starts to catch up, and eventually pulls into my lane. So, not sure what the hell is going on, as he gets close enough to me, i pull off the road and start getting ready for a traffic stop.

As i am leaned over to my right to get all my info out of the console, i see the front of his car pull up even with mine in my peripheral...which is strange, they usually stop BEHIND you.

So i look over, and he's sitting there with his window down, leaning toward me.

I roll my window down and he says:

"I'm sorry, I'm a dumbass....I didn't know my lights were on, I wasn't pulling you over!"

I told him that was the kind of stops I liked.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Aug 4 2007, 01:41 PM)
So, last weekend, I'm driving home from a friend's house in Texas, I have about a 12 hour drive to make.

I'm somewhere in Oklahoma, following this semi up a state road where the speed limit is 70 mph, and we are both ACTUALLY DOING 70mph...not speeding.

It's a 4-lane divided highway with a median in between....and a place every so often for cops to do u-turns and sit with radar running.

So, I get to the top of this hill, and i'm in the right-hand lane, and there, about a mile ahead, is a cop sitting in the median.....with his RED AND BLUES FLASHING...like he just completed a stop...but he's alone.

So, since he couldn't have clocked me, i just keep going, right past him. And after I get about half a mile past him, he pulls into the left-hand lane and starts pacing me...with his lights still on.

we go for maybe 2 miles, and then he starts to catch up, and eventually pulls into my lane. So, not sure what the hell is going on, as he gets close enough to me, i pull off the road and start getting ready for a traffic stop.

As i am leaned over to my right to get all my info out of the console, i see the front of his car pull up even with mine in my peripheral...which is strange, they usually stop BEHIND you.

So i look over, and he's sitting there with his window down, leaning toward me.

I roll my window down and he says:

"I'm sorry, I'm a dumbass....I didn't know my lights were on, I wasn't pulling you over!"

I told him that was the kind of stops I liked.

laugh.gif

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 01:54 PM)
laugh.gif

it would have been better if the cop was a female and it led to boom shika baw baw. z7shysterical.gif

Hahahaaa - yup - then it could be a Penthouse letter. If they stil do that magazone in the age of the internet...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 4 2007, 03:11 PM)
laugh.gif 

it would have been better if the cop was a female and it led to boom shika baw baw.  z7shysterical.gif

Hahahaaa - yup - then it could be a Penthouse letter. If they stil do that magazone in the age of the internet...

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Hey you never know. Maybe he was coming onto him anyway. laugh.gif

The old... "I didn't know I had my lights on" line. Classic. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 02:54 PM)
laugh.gif

it would have been better if the cop was a female and it led to boom shika baw baw. z7shysterical.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Aug 4 2007, 03:26 PM)
laugh.gif 

it would have been better if the cop was a female and it led to boom shika baw baw.  z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

The old... "I didn't know I had my lights on" line. Classic. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

OR... maybe he saw all that hair flowing in the wind and thought Geds was a chick and then when he saw him he had to think quick. "uhmmm.... I didn't know the lights were on ma'am... i mean sir." z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 03:59 PM)
laugh.gif 

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

OR... maybe he saw all that hair flowing in the wind and thought Geds was a chick and then when he saw him he had to think quick. "uhmmm.... I didn't know the lights were on ma'am... i mean sir." z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

OK Necro...

Is that why you no longer drive???

Did a cop pull you over and try to pick you up??? unsure.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 4 2007, 05:32 PM)
laugh.gif 

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

OK Necro...

tongue.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif 2funny.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 4 2007, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Aug 4 2007, 05:32 PM)
laugh.gif 

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

OK Necro...

tongue.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif 2funny.gif

NO!!! no.gif

I mean... not a lot of cops have taste, but if they chase down a 6'5" 300 lb WOMAN that looks like ME.... then they really need to have that gun and badge taken away. wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 4 2007, 07:24 PM)
You should have responded, "Whew! You had me worried for a moment, especially with the mutilated body in the trunk."

But when you actually HAVE one in the trunk, that's a really bad idea....

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 06:27 PM)
Geds has so many "road" stories. I'm sure we all remember the classic Pepsi story. laugh.gif

You should have been a truck driver. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

it only seems to be the Black car....I don't drive it much, but weird shit always happens when I do...

truck driver! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Aug 4 2007, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 4 2007, 07:24 PM)
You should have responded, "Whew! You had me worried for a moment, especially with the mutilated body in the trunk."

But when you actually HAVE one in the trunk, that's a really bad idea....

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 03:27 PM)
Geds has so many "road" stories. I'm sure we all remember the classic Pepsi story. laugh.gif

You should have been a truck driver. laugh.gif

I was going to bring up the pepsi story, but you already did. laugh.gif

Archived