_*

lerxt1990

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 5 2007, 05:42 PM)
Okay... in my post above where I compared Ronnie Coleman (Mr. Olympia) to Barry Bonds.

Okay now, this is ANOTHER Ronnie Coleman. I know this guy personally. He is a 3 time Mr. Universe. The Universe is a HIGHLY tested competition. Ronnie has always been natural. Again... i've known him since high school. He's a supplement nut, but all natural stuff that is totally legal. Look at what he's achieved and then compare that to Barry Bonds. Just more proof that BB could be natural.

http://www.leoaffairs.com/media/adminimages/Image/ron_coleman_200x300.jpg
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/mar04/bonds327.jpg

Dude, his head and feet grew when he was in his mid 30's. I guess O.J. is innocent huh?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away and haven't had time to post on this thread. I read Game of Shadows awhile back. It is the authoritative book on the Bonds controversy. I think it is possible to prove that Bonds juiced without having access to a blood test. There is enough in that book. I highly recommend it to anybody who wants to know more about the controversy.

As for HGH, one of the big benefits for ball players is that it improves vision. When it comes to hitting a 90 mph pitch, great vision is extremely important. Steroids only help hit the ball further. The HGH helps a hitter make better contact. Giambi admitted to using it in his BALCO grand jury testimony, supposedly. This would likely be a big reason why he had a benign tumor in his pituitary gland, the gland that regulates natural growth hormone.

Steroids also have the added benefit of faster recovery times from injuries. That is a reason why a ball player might use them. And not everyone uses them with the intention of bulking up like a Mr. Universe or an NFL lineman. Keep in mind that Alex Sanchez, a career leadoff hitter, tested positive for them last year.

Also, keep an eye out for further developments in the Jason Grimsley saga. A judge denied AP access to the names of players that Grimsley named in his testimony. If those names become public, look out.

They changed the baseball to a lighter "livelier" ball when the Babe started smacking them out of the park.....It's relavent but I'm unsure of exactly how much we really can look at this....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 8 2007, 10:16 PM)
They changed the baseball to a lighter "livelier" ball when the Babe started smacking them out of the park.....It's relavent but I'm unsure of exactly how much we really can look at this....

That's part of another entire topic. Also consider that during the Selig/steroid era, they wound the ball even tighter, shrank many of the ball parks, shrank the strike zone, and expanded the league (diluting the pool of pitching talent). While I don't like any of those developments, it is still the use of steroids and HGH that is by far the most deserving of the *.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 8 2007, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 8 2007, 10:16 PM)

That's part of another entire topic. Also consider that during the Selig/steroid era, they wound the ball even tighter, shrank many of the ball parks, shrank the strike zone, and expanded the league (diluting the pool of pitching talent). While I don't like any of those developments, it is still the use of steroids and HGH that is by far the most deserving of the *.

Perhaps another * should be added for juiced pitchers throwing the ball faster, making dingers more likely if contact is made by any power hitter.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Aug 9 2007, 08:38 PM)
I just love how you guys passed up a relevant comment to discuss Ruth's jock. sarcasm.gif

smile.gif Self serving eh? The ball and dimension of the field and strike zone affect everyone - and yes perhaps that has to be taken into some account. But Barry Beachball's advantage was for him only, the juice and robo-arm. laugh.gif

Now, back to Ruth's sweaty stinking jock...

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Aug 9 2007, 09:09 PM)
OK...that still doesn't adress the pitchers and their roid usage. You realize many of them were using as well, right?

And personally, I'll take a pass on the jock. Just not my thing. cool.gif

Yes. And as soon as one of them approaches breaking one of the most coveted records in sports, I'll critize them as well. trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 9 2007, 10:18 PM)
OK...that still doesn't adress the pitchers and their roid usage.  You realize many of them were using as well, right? 

And personally, I'll take a pass on the jock.  Just not my thing.  cool.gif

Yes. And as soon as one of them approaches breaking one of the most coveted records in sports, I'll critize them as well. trink39.gif

I understand. Seilig broke one of the most coveted records in sports: The doh.gif record for not thinking that baseball players could be using steriods.

Hey, who needs a test.

And BTW Lerxst, my point was it would work in reverse for pitchers. They are more likely to allow homers w/ the roids because they are throwing harder.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Aug 9 2007, 09:24 PM)
OK...that still doesn't adress the pitchers and their roid usage.  You realize many of them were using as well, right? 

I understand. Seilig broke one of the most coveted records in sports: The doh.gif record for not thinking that baseball players could be using steriods.

Hey, who needs a test.

And BTW Lerxst, my point was it would work in reverse for pitchers. They are more likely to allow homers w/ the roids because they are throwing harder.

Yes - I understood your point. The physics is that if they connected the combined kinetic energy would favor the ball going over the fence, but their ability to make the batter miss would also theoretically go up a little too, huh. I wonder which would dominate?

Yeah, well Selig is reaping what theyve sowed for sure!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 9 2007, 09:29 PM)

Hey, who needs a test.

Yes - I understood your point. The physics is that if they connected the combined kinetic energy would favor the ball going over the fence, but their ability to make the batter miss would also theoretically go up a little too, huh. I wonder which would dominate?

Power pitchers generally give up more homers, but they will also strike out more hitters. Not all pitchers who throw hard give up more homers, though. While at least some pitchers might juice to add a few extra mph on their fastball, steroids improve their recovery time after an outing, also. Steroids can also help prolong a career, though paradoxically they can shorten a career, as well. It's not only about the fastball, anyway.

As it stands now, I am definitely suspicious of Clemens.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 9 2007, 09:44 PM)

Hey, who needs a test.

Power pitchers generally give up more homers, but they will also strike out more hitters. Not all pitchers who throw hard give up more homers, though. While at least some pitchers might juice to add a few extra mph on their fastball, steroids improve their recovery time after an outing, also. Steroids can also help prolong a career, though paradoxically they can shorten a career, as well. It's not only about the fastball, anyway.

http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2006/10/...er-clemens.html

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 10 2007, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 9 2007, 09:44 PM)

Hey, who needs a test.

http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2006/10/...er-clemens.html

Thanks for that link. That's pretty much what I remember, though I didn't know that Clemens "orchestrated" the trade to the Yankees.

The Grimsley saga should make things even more interesting when it all comes to light.