******best drummer in the world******

yiovis

Definently not Dave Weckle or Moon.

I just did my senior project on this very subject.

Actually, nobody is the second best, as is anybody the best. Theres so many different styles of drumming out there (Rock, Latin, Jazz, Orchestral, Corps, etc) that no single person can be deemed the "best." Not only that, but each individual player has his own unique style and approach to drumming that he may be better at one thing than another, but not as good at something else.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 21 2004, 04:39 PM)
Definently not Dave Weckle or Moon.

I just did my senior project on this very subject.

Actually, nobody is the second best, as is anybody the best. Theres so many different styles of drumming out there (Rock, Latin, Jazz, Orchestral, Corps, etc) that no single person can be deemed the "best." Not only that, but each individual player has his own unique style and approach to drumming that he may be better at one thing than another, but not as good at something else.

This type of balanced sensible view will just not do biggrin.gif

Plus don't edit when I'm quoting you bd.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Dec 21 2004, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 21 2004, 04:37 PM)
Best Rock Drummer - John Bonham - Neil is technically better but I think Bonham was just a great rock drummer

Yeah-Heah!!! I'd like to see Neil's Moby Dick biggrin.gif

yes.gif That would be amazing!

Jeff Porcaro? Are you kids on drugs? He was a "good" drummer at best.

I would have to say Neil Peart is probably second best to the incomparable Keith Moon. But it could go either way, as this is merely a subjective topic, as are all questions of artistic merit.

BTW, I've been to Jeff Porcaro's house. Well, actually his widow's house now. I saw his many gold records.... yada yada.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:47 PM)
I love Steve Gadd.

yes.gif Gadd is a drummer's drummer.

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 21 2004, 10:53 PM)

Porcaro wasn't flashy, but he had impeccable timing. The guy was a metronome.

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 21 2004, 10:53 PM)

I would have to say Neil Peart is probably second best to the incomparable Keith Moon. But it could go either way, as this is merely a subjective topic, as are all questions of artistic merit.

BTW, I've been to Jeff Porcaro's house. Well, actually his widow's house now. I saw his many gold records.... yada yada.

Jeff Porcaro was a little better than good ... he was one of the most sought after session drummers before his death. Also, amongst musicians, he was very well respected. I still don't think he was near the top, but definitely better than good.

Archived