******best drummer in the world******

yiovis

QUOTE (MrHands @ Sep 21 2006, 08:45 PM)
Yep...

I saw it. It looks like we have very similar tastes. You did name a couple that slipped my mind...I should be slapped! ohmy.gif

I do that myself it's why i don't like doing lists cos it's hard not to forget someone. There's probably some people I forgot...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 21 2006, 10:21 PM)
I've seen Buddy Rich in concert twice. Both times from less than 30 feet away. No better drummer has ever walked the earth.

End of discussion. Might as well close this thread now...  yes.gif

Buddy Rich couldn't shine Mickey Dolenz's shoes.

z7shysterical.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, a photo's in order laugh.gif

http://www.rhino.com/fun/henrydiltz/mar02/2big_mar.jpg

This one gets old really quick. There are way too many styles of drumming to peg one drummer as the greatest. They all add pieces to a very large puzzle.

With that said.... laugh.gif

Buddy "Benard" Rich

Say what you will.....it`s my opinion.

Ya`ll take care

Someone mentioned Gadd a page or two back???? Read that Modern Drummer interview from like a year ago. If he wasn`t so "Coked" up he might actually remember some classic drum parts he played. I`ve lost all respect from him. Sorry if I stepped on any Gadd-fans` toes.

Ya`ll take care

This one gets old really quick. There are way too many styles of drumming to peg one drummer as the greatest. They all add pieces to a very large puzzle.

I fully agree with that statement - i hate ranking one over the other confused13.gif

Buddy "Benard" Rich

I fully agree with this too yes.gif

You know- as much as Neil has always and will always be my favorite drummer of all time and disputably remains one of the worlds best all around and ranks high on a technical level, and is my biggest influence

I fully agree that Buddy Rich sits in a class all his own - A true pioneer who raised the bar of drumming in general, and stick control He is a true master (so is Neil) of the skins.

I was watching about 6 different video clips of Buddy on U tube tonight and he is truely fanonimal.

There is nobody who can get around on a 5 peice with that kind of speed and control with so many elements included like buddy did.

hats off to all the great drummers young and old- power drummers - speed drummers -jazz drummers- etc .

Buddy Rich was amazingly gifted yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Sep 26 2006, 10:01 PM)

I fully agree with that statement - i hate ranking one over the other confused13.gif

Buddy "Benard" Rich

I fully agree with this too yes.gif

You know- as much as Neil has always and will always be my favorite drummer of all time and disputably remains one of the worlds best all around and ranks high on a technical level, and is my biggest influence

I fully agree that Buddy Rich sits in a class all his own - A true pioneer who raised the bar of drumming in general, and stick control He is a true master (so is Neil) of the skins.

I was watching about 6 different video clips of Buddy on U tube tonight and he is truely fanonimal.

There is nobody who can get around on a 5 peice with that kind of speed and control with so many elements included like buddy did.

hats off to all the great drummers young and old- power drummers - speed drummers -jazz drummers- etc .

Buddy Rich was amazingly gifted yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yes the thread is pointless, I've used it to list drummers I like who some people on here might not have heard of...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 21 2006, 06:21 PM)
I've seen Buddy Rich in concert twice. Both times from less than 30 feet away. No better drummer has ever walked the earth.

End of discussion. Might as well close this thread now...  yes.gif

Why haven't you closed this thread yet? confused13.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 21 2004, 04:39 PM)
Definently not Dave Weckle or Moon.

I just did my senior project on this very subject.

Actually, nobody is the second best, as is anybody the best. Theres so many different styles of drumming out there (Rock, Latin, Jazz, Orchestral, Corps, etc) that no single person can be deemed the "best." Not only that, but each individual player has his own unique style and approach to drumming that he may be better at one thing than another, but not as good at something else.

You're right, dude! Like comparing apples and oranges.

Archived