Family Guy

neil#2

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Jul 10 2007, 08:02 PM)
Any one watch it? unsure.gif

I watched it when it was funny. Too bad it's not anymore.

QUOTE (Faithless @ Jul 10 2007, 09:17 PM)
It's the only program I watch on network TV. IMO, the writing has gotten better over the years. Can't wait for the season opener. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Thats halairious! Can't wait to see it on tv!

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Jul 10 2007, 08:33 PM)
laugh.gif Thats halairious!  Can't wait to see it on tv!

A full-blown parody complete with the music and sound effects... i think it's going to be epic. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Fox's animated hit will kick off its fifth season this fall with an hourlong episode that retells the "Star Wars" saga using "Family Guy" characters.

Lucasfilm has blessed the event, which will have the Griffin family acting out all the key scenes and narrative from "Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope," the first installment of the franchise. "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is a major "Star Wars" fan and was personally involved in getting Lucasfilm on board, an exec from 20th Century Fox TV said.

Can't wait.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 10 2007, 06:13 PM)

If one wanted to buy some of the seasons on DVD, what season would be the last funny one they made?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 16 2007, 08:26 PM)

If one wanted to buy some of the seasons on DVD, what season would be the last funny one they made?

I own the first three seasons, and they are all pretty good. One of the season might have a few more episodes, so you could buy based on volume. I don't think you could go wrong with any season though. So far it isn't like South Park. They haven't lost any of the momentum yet.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 16 2007, 08:30 PM)

I own the first three seasons, and they are all pretty good. One of the season might have a few more episodes, so you could buy based on volume. I don't think you could go wrong with any season though. So far it isn't like South Park. They haven't lost any of the momentum yet.

Family Guy hasn't been good since the third season, but South Park is better than ever to me. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 17 2007, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 16 2007, 08:30 PM)

Family Guy hasn't been good since the third season, but South Park is better than ever to me. confused13.gif

Well, I have the first three seasons...and haven't had time to watch the 4th yet. Sounds like I may be let down a bit.

South Park is still funny, but not like it was the first 2 or 3 seasons. The first few seasons were incredibly funny.

I used to watch both South Park and Family Guy religiously and still love Family Guy very much but I think I have become desensitized to those shows by something far greater.

If any of you are into cartoon crassness and feel ready to take it to the next level I might highly recommend "Drawn Together" if you haven't heard of it before. I think it currently only airs in the US as part of Adult Swim on Cartoon Network but you can download the episodes or buy the DVDs also.

Viewer Discretion is Advised: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aqWYyoAv83g

QUOTE (Faithless @ Jul 10 2007, 09:17 PM)
It's the only program I watch on network TV.

Besides Big Brother, Survivor and The Amazing Race, plus the odd episode of Robot Chicken, or any other show that comes on The Detour, Its also the only thing I watch.

Oh, and the next season premier looks awesome. Are they going to air it as the one hour, or will they air it as two episodes? It'd be better if they just aired it as one hour. The preview was pretty cool. I saw it a couple of weeks ago whilst searching wikipedia.

i catch it from time to time. i am not a dedicated viewer but what I have seen makes me laugh. Stewey is great of course and I like Brian the Dog (because thats my name, duh)

best episode I saw was when Peter and Lois go to the Kiss Concert. "I wanna Rock n Roll All Nite....and have a wonderful time!" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 16 2007, 09:30 PM)

Like he said, the first three seasons.

However, I don't think it's as good now that they've brought it back. In the first three seasons, the shows featured hilarious tangential flashbacks which were always a treat, but now they overdo them and they're just not as funny. There is such a thing as being too random.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

yeah family guy was great a few years ago (when the simpsons kinda took a nose dive), i'll catch it every once and a while now.

First 3 seasons are fantastic, and funniest of all is the Movie "Stewie Griffin, the Untold Story".. I haven't seen any of the 4th season yet.

Love Brian Griffin as well.. (I'm Brian also...) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jul 20 2007, 01:41 AM)
First 3 seasons are fantastic, and funniest of all is the Movie "Stewie Griffin, the Untold Story"..

I love the scene from that movie where Stewie and Brian go drinking laugh.gif The bit of them playing Pac-Man is classic.

I love Family Guy. To me it is the funniest show on TV, especially since Seinfeld no longer is on (except in re-runs, of course.)

My only problem with it is that, at times, they take some very unnecessary swipes at Christianity, and Jesus, in particular. Its enough to make me cringe. And I can't imagine people laughing at that like they laugh at the epicac drinkng contest. But, I respect their right to "express" themselves.

Chris

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jul 20 2007, 01:41 AM)
First 3 seasons are fantastic, and funniest of all is the Movie "Stewie Griffin, the Untold Story".. I haven't seen any of the 4th season yet.

Love Brian Griffin as well.. (I'm Brian also...) biggrin.gif

When I saw that horrid Britney Spears performance the other night at the MTV MVA's I immediately thought of that movie with Britney's Comeback concert part rofl3.gif

I realize I will be in the minority here, but I hate Family Guy...

long live the Simpsons! Don't hate on me now! Don't be a hate-a!!

hehehehe...