Red Rocks Amphitheatre Tips

greycat

Wow, what an entertaining thread. It's crazy how somebody can "lurk for a year" and then finally blow they're top within a couple of posts. I think I'll use the North entrance. Certainly don't want a cavity search before the show. Afterwards maybe. Butt never before.

I think it was nice of that guy's Mom or whoever to come on and explain his tirade for him. "Oh, here he comes now to strangle me..errr..to type under my name". Classic.

comp26.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will look for you cat because I think I will be going thru the South entrance so I can tailgate with others.  I normally park in the top circle lot (handi-capped) but I'm thinking of your lot and just taking the shuttle to the venue.

If you park in the Upper South lot, there are shuttles that will take you to the top of the South Entrance. I don't think anyone that rides those shuttles ever gets searched, now that I think about it (I've never done it, and I've never seen anyone else do it.) If you have a chance though, come over and say hello!

Wow, what an entertaining thread. It's crazy how somebody can "lurk for a year" and then finally blow they're top within a couple of posts. I think I'll use the North entrance. Certainly don't want a cavity search before the show. Afterwards maybe. Butt never before.
I think it was nice of that guy's Mom or whoever to come on and explain his tirade for him. "Oh, here he comes now to strangle me..errr..to type under my name". Classic.

Nope, not my mother (or sister, or any other relative.) Mairead was trying to diffuse a stupid situation that I started in a fit of misguided anger and irritation. I wasn't aware that she had even posted anything until I got home later that day. I knew that I went too far, and apologised for it. Because she was already logged in and in the middle of making another post, I didn't see the need to log her out, reload the page and then log myself in (since I've only got one computer.)

Way to pick at a healing wound. beathorse.gif

QUOTE (Mairead @ Jun 30 2007, 12:09 AM)
RushRevisited,

I understand where you're coming from. He can be very emotional at times, and this is one of those instances where he just lost it. He doesn't do that very often, but I think sometimes everyone just gets rubbed the wrong way and goes totally overboard.

BTW, he knows that I've been posting here. He's sitting across from me playing his bass (and occasionally giving me weird looks.) I don't know if he'll post in here anymore, that's up to him. But he admitted that he was being kind of a douche and was sorry for the "mass insult" post. He's getting up...

Nevermind, here he is:

Greycat here. Look, I'm sorry for jumping the gun. I should've worded my first post better. I wasn't trying to threaten anyone, and it was more of a warning to those that may go through another entrance. If you go through the South Entrance, I'm pretty lenient (especially for Rush fans), and the only thing I usually won't let through is glass bottles...it's just a safety thing, as we've had problems with them being thrown and people being cut lately (nobody likes stepping on broken glass or getting bonked in the head.) I can't guarantee that you'll go through my lane, but if you do, I'll "conveniently overlook" pretty much everything, as long as you're cool about it (ie, keep the liquor at the bottom of the cooler under the ice.) As long as my supervisor isn't watching over me, I'll let pretty much anything slide for the Rush show. My only request is that you please do not bring in glass bottles (for safety reasons, as stated above.) You have to understand that there is a security camera trained right on my gate, and if I don't do certain things, I may get fired. And if you have a water bottle (Nalgene, etc), I have to make you dump it. I personally don't care, but again, if I let someone through with a full refillable water bottle, I'll get fired.

In my first post, I was giving "worst case scenario." The amount of searching is based on the band that's performing, and we may not do pat-down's or full bag searches for Rush. I won't know until that day how strict the security is going to be. For Buddy Guy/George Thorogood, we just did a cursory bag check, and for Celtic Woman, we didn't do anything. It's not up to me. As long as you're not trying to bring a half-pound bag of mushrooms into the venue, it should be pretty easy to "slip by" and I'll look the other way.

I'm sorry for making such a douchebag post (as Mairead put it), I just got defensive. Look, we're all Rush fans (otherwise she and I wouldn't be posting here, after all), and I was trying to give people a heads-up on the policies at Red Rocks. I should've worded it less like a security guard and more like a fan, but sometimes that's just how I write and how things come out (whether it's right or wrong.) But I apologise for how the initial post sounded, and for the rather jerkass responses that I wrote after that.

I work the South Entrance, I'm a fairly small guy and have tattoos. So if you see me, try to come through my lane. If it's not glass, I'll probably let it in (unless it's a giant GWAR-sized crackrock or something.)

I'll give the keyboard back to Mairead and get back to my vodka tonic and breaking-in a new set of bass strings. But again, I apologise for my dickhead comments.

Mairead:

He said he was too lazy to bother logging in his own account. Either way, I guess what he wrote is what matters.

Oh, and he said that he'd try to get a copy of the full band rider. He can't promise anything, since he doesn't work in the admin office, but he'll try.

trink39.gif for post, and regarding rider, also cool that he would try to get it.

QUOTE (Mairead @ Jul 1 2007, 04:31 PM)
From Cat and myself:

trink39.gif trink38.gif

(Oh, and he said he asked about the tour rider. A girl in the admin office said she wasn't sure if she could get him a copy, but she'd try. So it's still up in the air, but the wheels are in motion and he's giving it a shot at least.)

Thats really cool. Im not just trying to get it for us, if you go to here: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html you'll see they list a LOT of them - and I thought it would be a tremendous hoot to have Rush in there...

I love TSG (the Iggy and The Stooges rider is one of the funniest I've ever seen.) I think Rush needs an entry there.

I don't know if I'll be able to get it (we're usually just given a copy of the parts that apply to us: ie, what the band does, and does not, want allowed into the venue.) I've put the feelers out for a copy though, and I'm trying to get one. I can't promise anything, since I don't work in the office, but I'm still working on it. You'd be surprised at how guarded they are with that type of thing (although I'm not entirely sure why.)

BTW, nice picture of Lionel Hardcastle in your sig! (I'm a big "As Time Goes By" fan.)

Seems to me that greycat (by the way...grey cats are called 'blue' cat.gif ), was just trying to make us all getting to our seats less 'eventful'.

And for all you who think you must have drugs and booze to make a 2.gif concert great, (or any concert) then I pity you!

BTW.....clean up the language!

Geez....

QUOTE (greycat @ Jul 2 2007, 10:16 PM)
I love TSG (the Iggy and The Stooges rider is one of the funniest I've ever seen.) I think Rush needs an entry there.

I don't know if I'll be able to get it (we're usually just given a copy of the parts that apply to us: ie, what the band does, and does not, want allowed into the venue.) I've put the feelers out for a copy though, and I'm trying to get one. I can't promise anything, since I don't work in the office, but I'm still working on it. You'd be surprised at how guarded they are with that type of thing (although I'm not entirely sure why.)

BTW, nice picture of Lionel Hardcastle in your sig! (I'm a big "As Time Goes By" fan.)

Thats cool, thanks. yeah - I like that show, and (obviously form my sig) a number of Britcoms smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (greycat @ Jul 2 2007, 02:34 PM)
I will look for you cat because I think I will be going thru the South entrance so I can tailgate with others.  I normally park in the top circle lot (handi-capped) but I'm thinking of your lot and just taking the shuttle to the venue.

If you park in the Upper South lot, there are shuttles that will take you to the top of the South Entrance. I don't think anyone that rides those shuttles ever gets searched, now that I think about it (I've never done it, and I've never seen anyone else do it.) If you have a chance though, come over and say hello!

Nope, not my mother (or sister, or any other relative.) Mairead was trying to diffuse a stupid situation that I started in a fit of misguided anger and irritation. I wasn't aware that she had even posted anything until I got home later that day. I knew that I went too far, and apologised for it. Because she was already logged in and in the middle of making another post, I didn't see the need to log her out, reload the page and then log myself in (since I've only got one computer.)

Way to pick at a healing wound. beathorse.gif

Ok, so is the Upper South Lot the one right past the trading post and right around the corner from where the roadies set up and the way the band comes in? And yeah we'll be sure to come say hi. Don't know about my camera though, I will be in the 2nd row center and I don't want to get busted. I could sure get some awesome shots though. wink.gif

QUOTE (greycat @ Jun 28 2007, 03:53 AM)
QUOTE (edred @ Jun 28 2007, 12:10 AM)
Heh, you are simply stating the obvious and seem to be d-bagging it up a bit in your professional manner of speech. This was an unnecessary post : /. There are always ways to break the rules.

My "professional manner of speech"? As in "proper grammar"?

Alright, I'll dumb it down for you...

f**k this forum.

I've been lurking on this board for over a year, and was hesitant to post or join because of the general lack of maturity. I did anyway, against my better judgment. My fear of this board being populated primarily by unintelligent retards was, unfortunately, proven over the past couple of days.

. You did it, you managed to get under my skin. Happy now? I, on the other hand, could give a shit. Go waste some more money on weed and keep living in your parents' basement. And have fun cursing me under your breath while I actually get to hang around Geddy and the boys.

So, having said that...

Suck my ass, f*ckers.

Yeah, Geddy and the boys must really enjoy spending quality backstage time with paramilitary hotheads.

It's funny how it's ok to call the people on the forum "retards". Doesn't anybody have any sensitivity towards the mentally challenged anymore? You can't make fun of other races, sexes, or gays but apparently it's still open season on "retards". Nice. I'm sure anybody with a mentally deranged relative would be very hurt by your comments.

Why the need to establish your authority on of all places a rock and roll based forum? Don't you realize that attitude is everything that Rush stands against?

Sheesh. Maybe you should go do some yoga or something. Actually smoking some of that "weed" you shake down off of concert goers would help you enormously. I have NEVER had a problem bringing party favors into a rock show cool10.gif and I highly (pun not intended) doubt your strong arm tactics could deter it.

Jeez, not this again...Did you happen to read the rest of the posts in the thread, especially the one where I apologised profusely? Most of the people involved in the initial argument have let it go, including myself. There's no need to keep picking at it.

...god, I wish someone would just delete this thread entirely.

Are they going to release another batch of tickets for this show? Ticketmaster has been out for a bit.

Hi,

I'm trying to get a head count of who will be coming to the tailgate at RR and are you able to bring your own food/drinks? You can contact me of ninerbj.

Thanks

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Jun 29 2007, 05:15 AM)
He may have been drunk or on steriods. If he's a security guard he may surely be on roids

It did actually seem like a roid-rage reaction. One minute he thought we'd be fascinated by his "power" and then when he was second-guessed he abruptly burst into a temper-tantrum. It's a lesson for everybody. Of course, most "adults" would defend their own actions directly and not put their girlfriend in the awkward position of defending their offensive ranting and raving. This is fairly common rent-a-cop behavior. They get really angry when people don't treat them like real policeman. Oh well. At least he can get his jollies frisking people every day. moon.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 14 2007, 03:06 PM)
Hi,
I'm trying to get a head count of who will be coming to the tailgate at RR and are you able to bring your own food/drinks? You can contact me of ninerbj.

Thanks

3 in my group will be there! Not sure what time we'll get there though. Going to try and leave work at 2 and head up from Colorado Springs so maybe not until 430 or 5, but we'll be there eventually. Last time(Godsmack and Zombie) we hit traffic and it took forever so we are leaving much earlier this time. Just have the BBQ fired up ready to go.

QUOTE (rushnmike @ Jul 21 2007, 03:22 PM)
f**k THAT damn GREYCAT PUSSY RENT-A-COP MOTHER f*cker. I WILL HAVE MORE THAN 20 BONES FOR THIS SHOW AND IF GREYCAT TRYS TO SEARCH ME I WILL SCREEM RAPE!
cool10.gif  2.gif  cool10.gif

Rape wtf.gif

Archived