Linkin Park

Rushman14

I'm a big fan of the first 2 albums and even the remix album, but the new single is not doing it for me. Is the rest of the album any good?

Much appreciated. biggrin.gif

Edited by rushman14

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 17 2007, 11:13 AM)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Revie...tes+to+Midnight

Sorry, that's the best I can do... I haven't heard it, and am not really interested in doing so. But those might help.

thanks, I can find critic reviews. I was interested in the opinions of Rush fans. pokey.gif

QUOTE (rushman14 @ May 17 2007, 02:57 PM)

Sorry, that's the best I can do... I haven't heard it, and am not really interested in doing so. But those might help.

thanks, I can find critic reviews. I was interested in the opinions of Rush fans. pokey.gif

Pssh, that's no reason to poke my eye out!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 17 2007, 01:38 PM)

haha sorry. does it hurt?

QUOTE (rushman14 @ May 17 2007, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 17 2007, 01:38 PM)

haha sorry. does it hurt?

A little bit.

But not as much as these:

bd.gif

smash.gif

So in your face.

>_>

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/TheCritic2.jpg/200px-TheCritic2.jpg

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful. I actually haven't heard it, but I read that Shinoda doesn't rap on it, so it has to be better.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ May 17 2007, 02:39 PM)
My review is valid, im a rush fan. smile.gif

thanks Gale. you're review was very helpful.

unlike Mustard Death! tongue.gif

just kidding bro.

Of course, Rolling Stone gives it a long, in-depth four-star review.

Linkin Park have basically ditched rap metal for emo. They were talking about "Genesis and King Crimson influences" and how this was going to be a huge dramatic departure for them. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Sorry!

I would rather hear "Lakeside Park" than "Lickingass Park" anyday.

JMO

Where is the review for the next Limp Bizkit cd?

LAF

That's LAME AS FOKK.

I hear that Fred Durst wrote a review about Linkin Park's new album in Rolling Stone. I also learned that if you subscribe to Rolling Stone Magazine for one year you get a free year's supply of toilet paper.

Well being a fan they first came out with Hybrid Theory, I actually really like the new album. I think it's some of their best writings to date. I am glad that the group is happy with the direction they've taken, and I look forward to seeing where they go from here.

On the MVI one of the members, I think it was Chester, I don't remember off the top of my head, saying that they wrote over 100 songs during the recording process. Although it was also said that the general public will never hear these cuts, i'd like to see what didn't make stacked up against what was actually released on MTM.

i have to agree with puppetking...

so far, rom what i've heard, i'm not too impressed with it...

I bought the album a few days ago and have only listened to it once all the way through.

It isn't a BAD album. The songs they perform aren't poorly arranged or poorly played. But there's nothing on the album (so far) that really HITS me in the face with how awesome it is. The whole thing is rather mellow for LP's normal standards, which isn't a bad thing by itself. Mellow music can be good, but LP's version of mellow is really hit and miss.

I'll come up with a more intelligent review when I listen to it some more.

Have never been able to get into these guys. Their music sounds a bit repetitive to me.

A different new album this time around. I am still listening to get an overall opinion but the new single "Waiting for the End" is awesome. Anyone else listening to this?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 21 2007, 12:27 PM)
Have never been able to get into these guys. Their music sounds a bit repetitive to me.

Saw 'em twice on a couple of Metallica's Summer Sanitarium tours and always thought that if they replaced the rapper with a wicked lead guitar player they'd be excellent. I liked the melodies I heard and song structure and the one guy that actually sings, etc. Otherwise, confused13.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 5 2011, 10:52 PM)
A different new album this time around.  I am still listening to get an overall opinion but the new single "Waiting for the End" is awesome.  Anyone else listening to this?

That's the only song by them I like. I can't get into any of their other stuff.

also,

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_M9cATthmkpY/R9SiA66Z7II/AAAAAAAAAHA/rNUcQLgXQoA/s400/orange-will-not-peel.gif